FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Everything LG G2 Stock Kit Kat

2,538 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,576

Post Reply Email Thread
Okay so I've been noticing a lot of threads lately asking kk this, kk that, kk them, etc. So I decided to make a thread to help some people and reduce the amount of repetitive questions on the Q&A and will try to keep it up to date during my free time.

Getting KK-
Flashing Guide
How to Flash to Stock
If the kitkat kdz file for your device is not there you can look in here:
KitKat KDZ's
Multiple Stock KDZ's/TOT's
D800
Flash KitKat the Easy Way
Flash the LGFlashTool way
D801 T-Mobile
Flash Via Recovery
D803
Post #10 has KDZ
LS980
Flash OTA with TWRP
VS980
ota install
vzw kdz link

Why it shows rooted download mode after flashing KitKat kdz/rom-
4.4.2 Root Checker

Unrooting and unrooted download mode:
How to unroot
Show unrooted in download mode

Next is root and recovery-

IOroot has been updated to v25 and can root most devices on kk IOroot25
T-Mobile's D801 is having problems with root on 4.4.2 because of issues with stock recovery, but they have a dedicated thread which you can check out and read often to see if they figure out how to root it

Recovery is now available without all the downgrading hassle, as long as you rooted with ioroot25 you can:
1) check out Cloudy's AutoRec to download and install custom recovery on KitKat
2) for Verizon g2 owners only you can check out Freedom Tools

If you want kk, root and custom recovery then try the following(once I can find them for other models, if anybody can share a link i'll update with other models):
D800
PowerUser
D80020c Stock
D80020k Stock Rooted
D801
t-mo recovery/root/kernels
D802
d802 flashable kk
D801/D803(Claro, Rogers, Others)
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2611749 (I haven't tried this/don't have the device so do so at your own risk)
VS980
Xdabbeb's Rom

Custom Kit Kat Roms
DPI Rom
Spiderio's 380 DPI Rom

Wireless Tethering:
@xdabbeb Hotspot Provision (VS980 kk only)
D800 SQLite Method

There are also custom kernels for kk-
D80X/LS980/VS980
Dorimanx Kernel
D80X/VS980/F320
SimpleKernel
D801
dr87 kernel
JassyKernel
D802
Piasek Kernel

Xposed
Xposed Installer

Xposed Mods
G2 Xposed
G2 TweaksBox

Camera Mods
Xdabbeb's Camera Mod
Jishnu's Camera Mod

Sound Mods
SonyXperiaWalkman Mod

Mods
New Features
LG Pie Support

Bugs/Fixes(When I have more time I'll add more as I find them)

Apparently there is a bug in which when using auxiliary cables/headphones where there is a crackling/hissing sound in the background, I cannot comment on this since I have not experienced it and I use auxiliary cables every weekend for dj stuff and I also use headphones at least once everyday. There is now a fix for this using G2TweaksBox

So I remember from the very beginning everyone complained that there battery was being drained by Bluetooth right after flash without ever wiping/factory resetting, but I have been using kitkat for about two months now and if after 12 hours it's used 5% then wow that's not a drain, the Bluetooth now works in a low energy state just like Wi-Fi so that even if it's off it's always on in a low energy state which means its not draining your battery.

When I have more time I will add more stuff that is stock kit kat related
The Following 37 Users Say Thank You to XxZombiePikachu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift XxZombiePikachu Ad-Free

3rd April 2014, 11:05 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Florida

More
Reserved
4th April 2014, 12:38 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 85

More
After rooting stock KK with ioroot25, isn't it possible to install a recovery? you just need to flash a patched kernel with loki enabled after flashing the recovery to boot back into "stock" rom
4th April 2014, 01:17 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Florida

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenorm89

After rooting stock KK with ioroot25, isn't it possible to install a recovery? you just need to flash a patched kernel with loki enabled after flashing the recovery to boot back into "stock" rom

No the kit Kat bootloader patched our recovery/Loki exploit, if it were that easy there wouldn't be so many people bricking their devices on kk after getting root

Sent from my LG-D800 running stock kk, rooted with philz using XDA app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XxZombiePikachu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift XxZombiePikachu Ad-Free
4th April 2014, 05:34 AM |#5  
Flag Mobile
Thanks Meter: 947

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenorm89

The only way is to have recovery on JB then flash Kk baseband for your variant and one of the Kk roms that use the patched kernel. Those Kk roms are mixed firmwares that use parts from Jb to make them work with the kernel and recovery and make sure loki is not broken. So that is why recovery can't be installed on full stock rooted Kk.

EDIT- There are now root and recovery methods/installers for stock KK. Mixed firmware is still used to keep JB bootstack.
The Following User Says Thank You to AyDee For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AyDee Ad-Free
16th April 2014, 08:01 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxZombiePikachu

Bugs(When I have more time I'll add more as I find them)

Apparently there is a bug in which when using auxiliary cables/headphones where there is a crackling/hissing sound in the background, I cannot comment on this since I have not experienced it and I use auxiliary cables every weekend for dj stuff and I also use headphones at least once everyday.

For now, this bug can be fixed by:

Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Toti

How can i fully fix headset issues ?
1)Copy this file to system/etc/
2)Open G2 TweaksBox------------>Sound Tweaks--------------->Fix Hissing Headset issues
3)Reboot and Enjoy(If you have rebooted with the headsets plugged in remember to unplug them because the mod is activated when you plugin the headset.)

G2 TweaksBox thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2549923

[Q] If there are OTA updates by LG(e.g. addition of knockcode), and I am rooted on stock kikat with stock recovery, can I take the update?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aerobean For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift aerobean Ad-Free
16th April 2014, 01:07 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Florida

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerobean

For now, this bug can be fixed by:

G2 TweaksBox thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2549923

[Q] If there are OTA updates by LG(e.g. addition of knockcode), and I am rooted on stock kikat with stock recovery, can I take the update?

Yes you can ota as long as you don't have custom recovery but if you have modified any part of the system like removed bloat, xposed, etc the update will fail

Sent from my LG-D800 running stock kk, rooted with philz using XDA app
17th April 2014, 03:06 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
My phone is showing in the battery menu that bluetooth is using 3 percent of battery. Says has been on for 12hours but I have not used and is not actively checked. No BT logo in status bar.. Am I missing something?
17th April 2014, 03:28 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Florida

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillmehungry

My phone is showing in the battery menu that bluetooth is using 3 percent of battery. Says has been on for 12hours but I have not used and is not actively checked. No BT logo in status bar.. Am I missing something?

ok so for some reason for the first few weeks the Bluetooth reports a false positive(it reports a lot of hours of use but it's not actually draining your battery), if you actually use Bluetooth on a daily basis it will eventually stop giving out the false positive, mines stopped reporting 7-15 hours and now only reports around 2-4 hours which is the actual use I give it on a daily basis
17th April 2014, 03:50 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I appreciate the fast response. Sounds like I'll wait it out and see what happens but that's good too know it's a false positive. Thanks again!
18th April 2014, 02:16 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
So once i go through the process of installing 24a bootstack can i just flash any kk rom now?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)