FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Not a Sony specific question but maybe this phone can...

3,307 posts
Thanks Meter: 462

Post Reply Email Thread
Backup game data without root?
I'd love to have this option for when i factory reset but i don't know if there's an option

Any of you guys know a way?

Sent from my C6906 using Tapatalk

6th April 2014, 11:21 PM |#2  
Flag mullingar
Thanks Meter: 81

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by negrobembon

Backup game data without root?
I'd love to have this option for when i factory reset but i don't know if there's an option

Any of you guys know a way?

Well what you can do is get the data from your game folder...usually is in android or data folder can't remember and just save it on your pc for example...and then just put it back in the same place after you restore

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to cippi21 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cippi21 Ad-Free
7th April 2014, 01:59 AM |#3  
Planet Earth
Thanks Meter: 641

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cippi21

Well what you can do is get the data from your game folder...usually is in android or data folder can't remember and just save it on your pc for example...and then just put it back in the same place after you restore

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

I did this process and on some games working well on others don't, it's because they store they data differently probably or I lost on the way something. BTW, the most important part is in Android > data.
The Following User Says Thank You to eclyptos For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift eclyptos Ad-Free
7th April 2014, 02:08 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag panamá

More
That could be an option but i thought there would be a simpler way

7th April 2014, 02:15 AM |#5  
Planet Earth

More
Quote:

That could be an option but i thought there would be a simpler way

Do you mean some Application? ...nothing what I am aware of...specially for not rooted devices. Maybe Backup&Restore in PC Companion do this job, I never tried.
The Following User Says Thank You to eclyptos For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift eclyptos Ad-Free
7th April 2014, 02:54 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag panamá

More
Yeah i meant an app, but options seem to he fairly limited for non rooted devices

7th April 2014, 11:23 PM |#7  
Planet Earth

More
Quote:

Yeah i meant an app, but options seem to he fairly limited for non rooted devices

Hey, I don't know if this can help, maybe not in your case because you are not rooted but I telling you what happened today to me.

I had saved all the folders with obb file of all my games time ago. Every time when I install again the game I just put back the folder and I do the installation. If you do a fresh installation probably your Game Progress will be gone, but I had a Backup of my System Partition, I restored my Partition today with a Backup from last week, so I do not care if I was losing my Game Progress so I just copied again all my folders, started the Game, the Game did his installation and you want to know, my Game Progress was still there.

So maybe if you save the Android>obb folders on SD, then Backup the System Partition with PC Companion, then do what you have to do, Restore the Backup, which will be without obb folders, then you copy back in place the obb folders which you saved before, I think you will not lose your Game Progress and this is the way to backup all data.

I hope this can be helpful to you in some way.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)