By surdu_petru, Recognized Contributor on 7th April 2014, 06:10 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Team Win Recovery Project !

Permanent TWRP Recovery 2.8.1.0

Huawei Ascend P6

Changelog :

Code:
What's new in 2.8.1.0 :
  • MTP fixes and improvements - you can now copy zips to the root of storage - thanks to _that
  • TrueType Font support - optional as it takes up a decent amount of space so may not be available on all devices - thanks to Tassadar
  • Temperature support - thanks to bigbiff
  • Various other bugfixes and tweaks
What's new in 2.8.0.0 :
  • Add MTP support to recovery thanks mostly to bigbiff with a little help from Dees_Troy
  • Add command line capabilities - you can now execute various TWRP features via adb instead of the touchscreen
  • Add support for color in the console and give error, warning, and highlight lines different colors
  • Track backup and restore progress based on file sizes to provide a much more accurate indication of progress
  • Improve handling of /misc thanks to mdmower
  • Improve setting of time on Qualcomm devices thanks to [NUT]
  • Allow using images on slidervalue GUI objects thanks to Tassadar
  • Allow using variables and addition and subtraction in variables for easier theming
  • Add support for 1440x2560, 280x280, and 320x320 resolutions and update 240x240
  • Allow ui.xml file to include additional xml files to help break up the theme and make TWRP easier to maintain
  • Other minor fixes and improvements
What's new in 2.7.1.0 :
  • Add GUI option to change or repair file systems on individual partitions. The change is destructive so backup your data including internal sdcard first. This option should make it a little easier to migrate a device from ext4 -> f2fs, for instance. You will find this option under Wipe -> Advanced Wipe, then select only one partition and then press the Repair or Change File System button. If a developer has added f2fs support for your device and we don't have it in TWRP, please contact me via PM to arrange for it to be added.
  • Various bugfixes to backup and restore
  • Improvements to USB storage handling
  • Added a class to search for files to make finding the correct brightness file automatic in most cases
  • Various other bugfixes and tweaks
What's new in 2.7.0.0 :
  • Faster graphics rendering by disabling alpha blending on fully opaque objects thanks to Tassadar
  • Allow sideloading from /tmp on encrypted devices
  • Check for a crypto footer before asking for a password to prevent user confusion
  • Additional checks for validity to auto generated backup names
  • Text wrap in the console output
  • Proper caps lock support in the keyboard
  • Mouse support via USB OTG for devices with a broken digitizer
  • Improve scanning of storage locations for OpenRecoveryScript
  • Haptic feedback for buttons, keyboard, and vibration at the end of longer running actions
  • Fixed ext4 wiping when no selinux contexts are defined for that partition (e.g. sd-ext)
  • Update SuperSU to 1.93 and improve installation process
  • Added selinux contexts restoration to fix permissions
  • Load RTC offset on Qualcomm devices to fix the date/time in recovery
  • USB Mass Storage fixes Add SELinux support checking
  • Add Disk Usage class to better handle excluded folders (e.g. Google Music cache)
  • Add 4.4 AOSP decrypt support
  • Add some toolbox utilities to TWRP (namely to support SELinux functions not supported in busybox)
  • Various SELinux fixes and bug fixes

Downloads :

Installation :

Code:
* Make Sure That Your Device Already Running Android Version KitKat ! * Image File ( openrecovery-twrp-2.8.0.0.img ) :
  • boot your device in bootloader mode by :> adb reboot bootloader
  • flash custom recovery :> sudo fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-2.8.0.0.img
  • reboot your device :> sudo fastboot reboot
* Zip File ( openrecovery-twrp-2.8.0.0.zip ) :
  • copy this archive in your device ( internel/external storage )
  • boot your device in previous TWRP 2.7.1.0 : > adb reboot recovery
  • flash zip file
  • reboot to system
  • next reboot in recovery will be on TWRP 2.8.0.0 instead TWRP 2.7.1.0 !

Issues :

Code:
* Internal Storage Not Mount ; * Wipe -> Advanced Wipe -> Internal Storage -> Repair or Change File System -> Cannot Be Done : Invalid partition selection ;

Source :

Credit :

Code:

regards,
Surdu Petru
The Following 49 Users Say Thank You to surdu_petru For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift surdu_petru Ad-Free

7th April 2014, 06:11 PM |#2  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 20,941

Donate to Me
More
Revert To Stock Recovery KitKat

Downloads :

Code:
* Stock Firmware Huawei B510 KitKat : * boot.img image format : boot.img * recovery.img image format : recovery.img

Code:
* Stock Firmware Huawei B506 CN KitKat : * boot.img image format : boot.img * boot.img zip format : stock-506-boot.zip * recovery.img image format : recovery.img * recovery.img zip format : stock-506-recovery.zip

Installation :

Code:
* flash stock boot.img in bootloader mode : > fastboot flash boot boot.img * flash stock recovery.img in bootloader mode : > fastboot flash recovery recovery.img * reboot your device from bootloader mode : > fastboot reboot * zip files : stock-506-boot.zip & stock-506-recovery.zip must be installed under custom recovery TWRP !

The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to surdu_petru For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift surdu_petru Ad-Free
7th April 2014, 06:32 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 2,448

More
Oooh! Awesome job!
The Following User Says Thank You to PulseDroid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift PulseDroid Ad-Free
7th April 2014, 06:37 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Thanks for your amazing job surdu!!

Enviado desde mi P6-U06
7th April 2014, 09:11 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by surdu_petru

[CENTER]Team Win Recovery Project !

[*] Faster graphics rendering by disabling alpha blending on fully opaque objects thanks to Tassadar

Faster graphics rendering only in recovery and does not mean better gamming performance right???
Thanks for this !! u'r awsome!
7th April 2014, 09:11 PM |#6  
Flag Ottawa
Thanks Meter: 227

More
Thanks surdu!
BTW is this official build? Just wondering.

EDIT:
Tried flashing the boot.img, resulted with my wifi not working on OMNI ROM.
I reflashed the boot.img from the omni.zip, and now its working. idk.

Here I made an user friendly cmd installer for TWRP 2.7.0.0. If you guys want to, take a look here.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2709607
The Following User Says Thank You to bokchoi2020 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bokchoi2020 Ad-Free
7th April 2014, 09:23 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Will it work if I flash Stock 506 boot and recovery and then run B125 on top of that?

Or MUST JB use its own boot and recovery and KK its own boot and recovery?

Thank you,

Falci
7th April 2014, 10:54 PM |#8  
Flag Paris

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicardoA

Faster graphics rendering only in recovery and does not mean better gamming performance right???
Thanks for this !! u'r awsome!

Yes, available only in recovery !

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokchoi2020

Thanks surdu!
BTW is this official build? Just wondering.

EDIT:
Tried flashing the boot.img, resulted with my wifi not working on OMNI ROM.
I reflashed the boot.img from the omni.zip, and now its working. idk.

Stock boot.img is ONLY for Stock Firmware and not for custom rom !

Not yet official, cause I have some issue packing boot/recovery-ramdisk from OmniROM ! As soon as I solve this problem, will be also officially launched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcifer

Will it work if I flash Stock 506 boot and recovery and then run B125 on top of that?

Or MUST JB use its own boot and recovery and KK its own boot and recovery?

Thank you,

Falci

Yes, this is true : " Or MUST JB use its own boot and recovery and KK its own boot and recovery"
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to surdu_petru For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift surdu_petru Ad-Free
9th April 2014, 08:00 AM |#9  
Flag Spijkenisse
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Thumbs up
Awsome work. Flashed and works like a charm again (as we're used to with all yr works). Looking forward to use 2.7.0.0 to flash yr future OMNI rom updates or possibly CM11 full release.

Cheers!
The Following User Says Thank You to edward0181 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift edward0181 Ad-Free
9th April 2014, 10:21 PM |#10  
Flag Paris

Donate to Me
More
Info 2 Good News !
Hello !

Slow development on our device, but what is essential that is not stopped ...

While I managed to solve all issues related to build TWRP from source ( now resulting recovery.img from build can be flashed without any modificattion ) , I'll start to push my source code to omnirom github - in this way TWRP will be officially and it could be installed directly from GooManager !

So, this point was achieved !

If you wonder how it was possible

> first , to use all features of this TWRP, we will need to perform a few small changes :

1° 100% compatibility with custom rom based AOSP , unsure whether they will be ( CM, AOKP, Carbon, Pac-MAN, OmniROM & .... )

2° on custom rom based stock Huawei Firmware, Internal Storage will not be available ( other functions will be not affected ) - so rom developers need to make some changes on ramdisk from their boot.img - in order to bring full access to Internal Storage on TWRP !

If I'll have some free time, tomorrow I'll start to push source code also on omnirom github !

For moment only TWRP will be officially, following later to do the same thing with OmniROM !

Best Regards !
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to surdu_petru For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift surdu_petru Ad-Free
10th April 2014, 06:15 PM |#11  
Flag Paris

Donate to Me
More
Hi!

A final test, will be out here soon !

Will be exactly like the official version, or downloadble from GooManager when will be available for our device !

This version, will make some change in our device regarding Internal Storage !

After flashing this version ( fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp.img ) on your device , you also need to flash an update.zip for custom rom based Huawei Stock Firmware KitKat, and currently also for OmniROM - in order to bring full access for Internal Storage on TWRP !

Downloads :

* custom TWRP 2.7.0.0 recovery : openrecovery-twrp-2700.img

* update_sdcard_stock.zip

* fixed : new update update_sdcard_aosp.zip

Installation :

* install TWRP : fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-2700.img

* if you use stock Huawei KitKat B506 or other custom rom based on this firmware , please flash update_sdcard_stock.zip on your TWRP !

* if you use the last update OmniROM , please flash update_sdcard_aosp.zip on your TWRP !

Please, after test ( install ) let me know how it work on your device ( if you have issue with Internal Storage on your recovery TWRP or in your ROM ) !

Please report if it's OK in stock Huawei B506 , cause should be work fine ! ( report after flashed the new TWRP from here and also after flashed update_sdcard_stock.zip )

Thank you very much for your confirmation, in this way you help me to get it official !!!

Info:

After flashing this new TWRP, your old internal sdcard path will not be removed, so you can still navigate to : /data/share/0 to see all your files on internal sdcard !

The new path for internal sdcard is now /data/media/0 , so if you want to keep this new twrp , you must manually copy and remove all files from /data/share/0 to /data/media/0 !

Edit :

Final source code for building TWRP from source , pushed on my github ! OP also updated !

Best Regards !
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to surdu_petru For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift surdu_petru Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)