FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

z1c plastic back replace with a glass one(with pic)(fix flash bleed)

11 posts
Thanks Meter: 23

By ggmm206, Junior Member on 8th April 2014, 06:46 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
first i get this phone i think is the same as the z1 that have a glass back on it.but after checking the back closely i realize that is made from plastic,and it actually feels a Little bit flimsy.so i decide to replace it with the glass one that came from the japan version of z1c that call the "SO-02F". it cost 45rmb(approximately 7.2$) on TAOBAO for the glass that came with the watertight tape and the original ASF.it take less than 5 min to replace with a pryer an a hair dryer. feel free to ask about the detail of this.
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.pic_hd.jpg
Views:	12735
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	2675426

Name:	2.pic_hd.jpg
Views:	12053
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	2675427

Name:	IMG_0004.jpg
Views:	11980
Size:	255.5 KB
ID:	2675428

Name:	13B79100-510C-4D30-B36A-8197C126113E_1.jpg
Views:	11533
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	2675431

update:it did fix the "flash bleed"problem. you can see the example below.

The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to ggmm206 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ggmm206 Ad-Free

8th April 2014, 08:37 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggmm206

first i get this phone i think is the same as the z1 that have a glass back on it.but after checking the back closely i realize that is made from plastic,and it actually feels a Little bit flimsy.so i decide to replace it with the glass one that came from the japan version of z1c that call the "SO-02F". it cost 45rmb(approximately 7.2$) on TAOBAO for the glass that came with the watertight tape and the original ASF.it take less than 5 min to replace with a pryer an a hair dryer. feel free to ask about the detail of this.

Looks interesting. Could be an idea to provide a link to the glass back.
The Following User Says Thank You to militiaOfDeath For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift militiaOfDeath Ad-Free
8th April 2014, 11:12 PM |#3  
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 348

More
Great stuff,did you try underwater test after change?Tnx
The Following User Says Thank You to aigaming For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift aigaming Ad-Free
9th April 2014, 12:02 AM |#4  
Flag NoWhere
Thanks Meter: 585

More
taobao is cheap but most seller don't accept PAYPAL and can't ship international.

Found seller which can ship abroad but cost bit more.

witrigs
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to thermalboyz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift thermalboyz Ad-Free
9th April 2014, 02:25 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
How to take out the original back plate?
Heat up by hair dryer and use some force to take it out?

I also a bit worrying the water resistant after changed
9th April 2014, 02:33 AM |#6  
Flag Whistler
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickywk

You use a heat gun or I guess a hair dryer works too, and you work your way around the back edges of the phone. then you detach the back part of the phone bit by bit with the same things you need to open an iPhone for example (guitar pick and such).
I'm also wondering if the phone is still as water resistant as originally advertised (I don't trust that adhesive band that you apply after...), not to mention the warranty of the handset after doing this.

But, other than that, it's a job well done.
9th April 2014, 03:11 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 54

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thermalboyz

taobao is cheap but most seller don't accept PAYPAL and can't ship international.

Found seller which can ship aboard but cost bit more.

witrigs

i just ordered one from the link you've shared, thanks. i might just bring it to a local mobile repair shop and let them put it on for me.
hopefully it will fix the flash bleed and would still be waterproof
9th April 2014, 09:06 AM |#8  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickywk

i just heat it a little bit and pry it at the gap at top then just rip it of. and yes it still watertight.
9th April 2014, 09:13 AM |#9  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulkhim

i just ordered one from the link you've shared, thanks. i might just bring it to a local mobile repair shop and let them put it on for me.
hopefully it will fix the flash bleed and would still be waterproof

it actually really easy to change it yourself.it just hold by a ring of heavy-duty tape so just heat it a little bit and you can rip it off very easily.then just stick the new one on it and is done.
The Following User Says Thank You to ggmm206 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ggmm206 Ad-Free
9th April 2014, 09:26 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 58

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggmm206

and yes it still watertight.

Why are you sure?
9th April 2014, 09:28 AM |#11  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by inkmars

You use a heat gun or I guess a hair dryer works too, and you work your way around the back edges of the phone. then you detach the back part of the phone bit by bit with the same things you need to open an iPhone for example (guitar pick and such).
I'm also wondering if the phone is still as water resistant as originally advertised (I don't trust that adhesive band that you apply after...), not to mention the warranty of the handset after doing this.

But, other than that, it's a job well done.

ok i have test it still watertight.but i'm not sure about the warranty.if you worry about that you need to ask the seller or the costumer service before you doing it. thx
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)