ParanoidAndroid 3.00 for the HTC Holiday
(Vivid, Velocity, and Raider)
If you'd like to use this ROM as a base for a new ROM, please ask me first. Chances are very good I won't care.
This is still JB 4.1.2, since we're still building PA with a CM base. PA's new AOSP 4.2 base appears to be on the same 'jellybean' branch, which is why (I'm assuming) the version still went up to 3.00. I didn't change this, it was built that way from PA source.
What is it?
PER-APP-DPI/LAYOUT. This is not tablet mode! Hybrid engine allows you to target apps individually. You get to pick their actual layouts which can tranform content drastically. Keep in mind, this has nothing to do with build.prop hacks or DPI changes. We list all layouts an app brings, you choose one, its as easy as that. It does not matter if your device runs itself in Phone-, Phablet or Tablet-UI, your apps will always look as you like. On top of that you can scale apps, to fit your screen, that way you can even bring full fledged tablet apps and make them run perfectly. Nothing will break, nothing will shrink, your market will be fine. Additionally we have rewritten many parts of the android framework and fixed countless of AOSP bugs to make way for these modifications - our "tablet mode" runs better on a phone than on a real tablet, that is guaranteed.
PER-APP-COLOR Paranoidandroids newest invention. Define apps in your regular hybrid panel. See your phone fade into the color definition of your current app, press home or go elsewhere and it fades back. Create as many combinations you like, you can even dabble with opacity. This feature is made possible by our hybrid engine, which is unique to this rom.
- Mobile Data
- Core OS stable
- ATT WiFi hotspot (and probably USB tethering as well, haven’t tested) - StraightTalk Hotspot/tethering may be working too. Let me know
What doesn't work:
- Gallery still hiccups with 720/1080p playback sometimes and tells you it can't play the video. Simply restarting the video once or twice will get it. Also, fast forwarding/rewinding 720/1080 in stock player is glitchy as well.
- Can't control in call volume and remote party may have a slight echo
- You tell me
Your bootloader must already be unlocked and you must have custom recovery installed (WCX Recovery tested, approved, and recommended)
- Backup your current ROM
- Download ROM .zip to your SD Card
- Download gapps (20121011) to your SD Card: : Gapps
- Boot to Recovery: Wipe Data, System, Cache, and Dalvik Cache.
- Flash ROM from Recovery
- Flash the Gapps package from recovery
- IF YOU ARE S-ON - You will need to fastboot flash the boot.img that’s included in the .zip (I always flash boot.img twice, just to be sure) - Drag boot.img from rom .zip to your fastboot directory, boot to bootloader, select Fastboot, plug in USB cable, and from your fastboot directory run:
fastboot flash boot boot.img
If you're having a problem and would like to bring it to my attention, you're welcome to do so, but please:
- Search to make sure it hasn't been addressed
- Don't sound like my whiny 5 year old
- Perform a full wipe (data, system, cache, and dalvik) and reflash the ROM. Verify the issue persists before installing any apps or backups
- Take this work for what it is - and follow h8 and mg's work in the CM thread for progress updates, and give them many praises and thank yous.
Without these teams/members, this would not be possible. Donations should go their way, if you feel obliged:
- Paranoid Android Team
- Cyanogenmod Team
- h8rift for saving the day, and providing his sources
- mg2195 for keeping the project alive, and providing an excellent tutorial for compiling/building
- Utacka for keeping his 2.55 sources up while PA transitions
- gokussjx for the awesome compile PA how-to
ParanoidAndroid merged commits
My git so you can follow along at home with my amateur moves, however if the changes are proper and I feel worthy, I will ask h8rift if they should be merged. That is up to h8rift and intervigil. In the meantime my git is experimental