FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][JB][4.1.2]Unofficial ParanoidAndroid 3.00[02.13.13]

2,911 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,152

Post Reply Email Thread

ParanoidAndroid 3.00 for the HTC Holiday
(Vivid, Velocity, and Raider)

If you'd like to use this ROM as a base for a new ROM, please ask me first. Chances are very good I won't care.

This is still JB 4.1.2, since we're still building PA with a CM base. PA's new AOSP 4.2 base appears to be on the same 'jellybean' branch, which is why (I'm assuming) the version still went up to 3.00. I didn't change this, it was built that way from PA source.

Disclaimer: I do not claim to be a developer... However, by READING, SEARCHING, and TRYING, I've learned some tricks of the trade. One of them has been building from source. All I am doing is putting a few pieces together to make it compile, all the hard work has been done by h8rift and mg2195. Their repos, hard work, and dedication build this ROM - all thanks/credit goes to them as well as the CM and the PA teams. Being that this is built off of h8/mg's trees, any bugs present in the CM10 ROM will be present in this ROM. The box that I compile on is by no means speedy, so updates will come when there are major breakthroughs, as soon as I can get them built. Feel free to post bugs, but please don't expect them to be addressed quickly, especially if it's not on h8's or mg's to-do list - like I said, I'm not a developer, but I will be tinkering – but with 4 kids, a full time job, a house to manage, and a build PC that’s years behind the game, play time comes sparingly. I test these builds on my own device before any release, but I do not claim it will work for everyone. ALWAYS have a nandroid in case of emergencies. I am NOT responsible for bricked devices or catastrophic failure Changelog and Screenshots live in the second post. .

What is it?
PER-APP-DPI/LAYOUT. This is not tablet mode! Hybrid engine allows you to target apps individually. You get to pick their actual layouts which can tranform content drastically. Keep in mind, this has nothing to do with build.prop hacks or DPI changes. We list all layouts an app brings, you choose one, its as easy as that. It does not matter if your device runs itself in Phone-, Phablet or Tablet-UI, your apps will always look as you like. On top of that you can scale apps, to fit your screen, that way you can even bring full fledged tablet apps and make them run perfectly. Nothing will break, nothing will shrink, your market will be fine. Additionally we have rewritten many parts of the android framework and fixed countless of AOSP bugs to make way for these modifications - our "tablet mode" runs better on a phone than on a real tablet, that is guaranteed.

PER-APP-COLOR Paranoidandroids newest invention. Define apps in your regular hybrid panel. See your phone fade into the color definition of your current app, press home or go elsewhere and it fades back. Create as many combinations you like, you can even dabble with opacity. This feature is made possible by our hybrid engine, which is unique to this rom.

What works:
- Mobile Data
- SMS/MMS
- Phone
- GPS
- Core OS stable
- WiFi
- Camera
- ATT WiFi hotspot (and probably USB tethering as well, haven’t tested) - StraightTalk Hotspot/tethering may be working too. Let me know

What doesn't work:
- Gallery still hiccups with 720/1080p playback sometimes and tells you it can't play the video. Simply restarting the video once or twice will get it. Also, fast forwarding/rewinding 720/1080 in stock player is glitchy as well.
- Can't control in call volume and remote party may have a slight echo
- You tell me

Your bootloader must already be unlocked and you must have custom recovery installed (WCX Recovery tested, approved, and recommended)
  • Backup your current ROM
  • Download ROM .zip to your SD Card
  • pa_holiday_unofficial-3.00-13FEB2013
  • Download gapps (20121011) to your SD Card: : Gapps
  • Boot to Recovery: Wipe Data, System, Cache, and Dalvik Cache.
  • Flash ROM from Recovery
  • Flash the Gapps package from recovery
  • Reboot
  • IF YOU ARE S-ON - You will need to fastboot flash the boot.img that’s included in the .zip (I always flash boot.img twice, just to be sure) - Drag boot.img from rom .zip to your fastboot directory, boot to bootloader, select Fastboot, plug in USB cable, and from your fastboot directory run:
    Code:
    fastboot flash boot boot.img
  • Reboot

If you're having a problem and would like to bring it to my attention, you're welcome to do so, but please:
  • Search to make sure it hasn't been addressed
  • Don't sound like my whiny 5 year old
  • Perform a full wipe (data, system, cache, and dalvik) and reflash the ROM. Verify the issue persists before installing any apps or backups
  • Take this work for what it is - and follow h8 and mg's work in the CM thread for progress updates, and give them many praises and thank yous.

Without these teams/members, this would not be possible. Donations should go their way, if you feel obliged:htc-msm8660 git
ParanoidAndroid git
ParanoidAndroid merged commits
My git so you can follow along at home with my amateur moves, however if the changes are proper and I feel worthy, I will ask h8rift if they should be merged. That is up to h8rift and intervigil. In the meantime my git is experimental
The Following 30 Users Say Thank You to homeslice976 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift homeslice976 Ad-Free

4th December 2012, 05:57 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Central Pennsylvania

More
Changelog and Screenshots

ROM Changelog
Code:
 - Updated source
 - All other fixes/updates included
  - OC up to 1.72
  - UV to 750mV
  - smartass v2, lagfree, and badass governors
  - BFQ and V(R) IO schedulers
  - External SD USB mount fix
  - h8rift's bluetooth fix (tethering, a2dp, calls, battery drain fix)
  - other stuff I missed

- Updated sources, now should be up to date with CM10 and PACman as far as fixes (bluetooth battery drain when BT
   off, 1080p camera enabled (still some camera issues), CRT Off, etc)

- Thanks to h8rift, we now have bluetooth (connects and pairs, but no a2dp yet), crt off animation, battery stats are 
   available, and USB transfer speeds have been increased.
 - Updated ParanoidAndroid and device source

- Fixed ATT in call mic. Mic may not work on first call, but will work every call after that (even after reboot from my tests) 
   Full wipe DEFINITELY recommended

- Fixed camera viewfinder not refreshing after taking picture, and added full camera fix to full build. Full wipe is recommended.

- Fix for the camera is provided in a flashable .zip. This fix will be included in the next full build

- Fix Paranoid Settings (display, sliders, saves now stick, etc) (12082012)

12.05.12:
 - Maybe StraightTalk Hotspot now as well as ATT for 2.99 (12042012) - let me know

12.04.12:
 - Initial release PA 2.55 (12032012) and 2.99 (12032012)

SETTING WORK SPACE MODE

CHANGING APP LAYOUT AND SIZE

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to homeslice976 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift homeslice976 Ad-Free
4th December 2012, 06:16 PM |#3  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 392

Donate to Me
More
Looks like mostly everything is working Seems great and looks like new life for the vivid! Glad that my device is coming in a few days

Thanks Homeslice
4th December 2012, 06:20 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
Only what's working in cm. Att in call Mic still unusable, camera crashes, etc.. but h8rift is doing awesome work!
The Following User Says Thank You to homeslice976 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift homeslice976 Ad-Free
4th December 2012, 06:44 PM |#5  
Flag East Coast
Thanks Meter: 306

More
Nice

You beat me too it I was going to start getting all the stuff together to build the PA, but your ahead of the game, nice work.
4th December 2012, 06:54 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
Haha yeah... My first successful Paranoid Android build was in mid October sometime.. I've just been holding off sharing until cm was usable enough. You should start on AOKP so I can delete those repos and get some space back
The Following User Says Thank You to homeslice976 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift homeslice976 Ad-Free
4th December 2012, 07:01 PM |#7  
Flag Rasht
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Nice job man! I just hope h8 and mg would fix BT and Cam. so happy to see the development on vivid is getting a new life!
4th December 2012, 07:13 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 75

More
Exciting to see the collaboration and devotion emerging amongst us vivid users. I was actually thinking about starting to learn development as well specifically for this. I have a newborn and full time job and family to be with lol so I can understand where your coming from

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using xda app-developers app
4th December 2012, 07:14 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
waiting for video camera and Bluetooth to be fixed
Thanks guys

Sent from my HTC Holiday using xda app-developers app
4th December 2012, 07:56 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member

More
Links are fixed..oops
4th December 2012, 08:00 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
wow, simply i am wowed........

pity i have a vivid and not a hoilday...

hope the camera , bluetooth get fixed soon ( especially the camera....... ) and of course the MIC ... u guys rock

fiddle minger AT&T/htc
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
holiday jellybean, jb 4.1.2, pa 2.55, paranoidandroid, stinky finger

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)