[ROM] [4.4.4] ParanoidAndroid 4+

1,241 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,200

Post Reply Email Thread
24th May 2014, 06:26 AM |#291  
Flag JAIPUR
Thanks Meter: 1,133

More
Video Playback problem is there in New Beta 6.. i think its CM related?? only MPG format is able to play.. rest all format is Giving hot Reboots to the device.

24th May 2014, 11:00 AM |#292  
OP Senior Member
Flag Norwich
Thanks Meter: 4,200

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by abbychauhan

Video Playback problem is there in New Beta 6.. i think its CM related?? only MPG format is able to play.. rest all format is Giving hot Reboots to the device.

Yes it's CM related. We use their display-caf-new. There's a patch on CM's gerrit to revert the troublesome commit:

http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/64455/
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SuperHanss For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SuperHanss Ad-Free
24th May 2014, 11:17 AM |#293  
Thanks Meter: 63

More
Good, hopefully it will end up in your next beta

Sent from my Xperia Z1 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 11:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm.vassallo

Cool, hopefully it will end up in your next beta

25th May 2014, 11:35 AM |#294  
Flag Nuremberg
Thanks Meter: 33

More
How to add the patch?

Sent from my Xperia Z1 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
26th May 2014, 02:34 AM |#295  
Moorpark
Thanks Meter: 470

More
Bootloop
With this BETA6 build, I'm on a bootloop.

Here's my configuration:
-No SIM
-SD card
-Xperia Z1 (c6903)

I began by factory resetting and flashing Beta 6 from SD card through CWM (the one that came with boot.img). There was some complaints with mounting when I factory reset and flashed the beta, but it seems like it did the job (outputted that it installed). I installed gapps and it flashed fine.

After that, the neat boot animation appeared, but it never finished booting. I gave it about 10 minutes and it's still on the animation.

What should I do? How could I report this? Beta 4 didn't loop on me...
26th May 2014, 03:00 AM |#296  
Flag JAIPUR

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentexcitebot

With this BETA6 build, I'm on a bootloop.

Here's my configuration:
-No SIM
-SD card
-Xperia Z1 (c6903)

I began by factory resetting and flashing Beta 6 from SD card through CWM (the one that came with boot.img). There was some complaints with mounting when I factory reset and flashed the beta, but it seems like it did the job (outputted that it installed). I installed gapps and it flashed fine.

After that, the neat boot animation appeared, but it never finished booting. I gave it about 10 minutes and it's still on the animation.

What should I do? How could I report this? Beta 4 didn't loop on me...

Previous ROM just before flashing Beta 6??
Was it Beta 4? if yes then this should not happen.. (Try to do Clean flash again with FACTORY RESET, WIPE CACHE & DALVIK CACHE and in Recovery go to mounts and storage and then Format boot, format system, format catche, format data, format everything u see.. Except SDcard1)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abbychauhan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift abbychauhan Ad-Free
26th May 2014, 03:20 AM |#297  
Moorpark

More
Quote:

Previous ROM just before flashing Beta 6??
Was it Beta 4? if yes then this should not happen.. (Try to do Clean flash again with FACTORY RESET, WIPE CACHE & DALVIK CACHE and in Recovery go to mounts and storage and then Format boot, format system, format catche, format data, format everything u see.. Except SDcard1)

Well I had beta 4 but my screen cracked and I had to return it to Sony. So I flashed it back to Sony and resetted everything to defaults. After getting it a month later, Beta 6 was out. I was eager to try it out, so I downloaded the 2 zips. I re-unlocked the bootloader and flashed boot.img via fastboot. Then I got into CWM. I did a factory reset and that's when I started seeing errors with mounting some partitions; it seemed like it flashed OK though. I ignored it and flashed dalvik + cache. No mounting errors. I then inserted the sd containing the 2 zips and flashed the OS, then Gaps. I restarted the phone and it bootlooped. I went back to CWM and tried wiping dalvik and cache again, but no luck.

I did these steps with Beta 4 and it worked great EXCEPT for my SIM (invalid sim, no network). I did the same with beta 6 and it bootlooped.

I have a feeling that even if it did flash right, the SIM won't work again. Sorry for asking 2 questions at once, but how to solve this?
26th May 2014, 03:30 AM |#298  
Flag JAIPUR

More
Quote:

Well I had beta 4 but my screen cracked and I had to return it to Sony. So I flashed it back to Sony and resetted everything to defaults. After getting it a month later, Beta 6 was out. I was eager to try it out, so I downloaded the 2 zips. I re-unlocked the bootloader and flashed boot.img via fastboot. Then I got into CWM. I did a factory reset and there was errors trying to mount the drive, but it seemed like it flashed ok. I ignored it and flashed dalvik + cache. No mounting errors. I then inserted the sd containing the 2 zips and flashed the OS, then Gaps. I restarted the phone and it bootlooped. I went back to CWM and tried wiping dalvik and cache again, but no luck.

I did these steps with Beta 4 and it worked great EXCEPT for my SIM (invalid sim, no network). I did the same with beta 6 and it bootlooped.

I have a feeling that even if it did flash right, the SIM won't work again. Sorry for asking 2 questions at once, but how to solve this?

I guessed So.. this happens when coming from Stock u can try this..

if u are coming from stock to AOSP then Downgrade to 4.2 .534 FW having Root and a Recovery ( but i think if u downgraded to 4.3 .290 FW then also it will do the trick ) and then u follow the instruction in OP with the below recommended instructions -

"After 5th point in Recovery go to mounts and storage and then Format boot, format system, format catche, format data, format everything u see.. Except SDcard1 (ofc).. And then move to 6th point."

If u flash .757 before coming to PA or any other AOSP ROM's then u might have trouble
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abbychauhan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift abbychauhan Ad-Free
26th May 2014, 03:57 AM |#299  
Moorpark

More
Quote:

I guessed So.. this happens when coming from Stock u can try this..

if u are coming from stock to AOSP then Downgrade to 4.2 .534 FW having Root and a Recovery ( but i think if u downgraded to 4.3 .290 FW then also it will do the trick ) and then u follow the instruction in OP with the below recommended instructions -

"After 5th point in Recovery go to mounts and storage and then Format boot, format system, format catche, format data, format everything u see.. Except SDcard1 (ofc).. And then move to 6th point."

If u flash .757 before coming to PA or any other AOSP ROM's then u might have trouble

Yeah I did flash from .757, but according to Sony's bootloader unlock website, they said that "To unlock the Xperia™ Z1 boot loader, you must make sure your device is on software build 14.2.A.0.290 (Android 4.3) or later. Unlocking the boot loader on earlier software versions will stop the camera functionality." http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/instructions

I'll try re-flashing straight from 534. I'm worried though that it might break the camera...I don't know how I went around it last time.
I'll let you know how it went. Really appreciate your posts
26th May 2014, 04:05 AM |#300  
Flag JAIPUR

More
Quote:

Yeah I did flash from .757, but according to Sony's bootloader unlock website, they said that "To unlock the Xperia™ Z1 boot loader, you must make sure your device is on software build 14.2.A.0.290 (Android 4.3) or later. Unlocking the boot loader on earlier software versions will stop the camera functionality." http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/instructions

I'll try re-flashing straight from 534. I'm worried though that it might break the camera...I don't know how I went around it last time. Let you know how it went. Thanks

it will work.. dont worry its just for solving the Partition Problems and other bugs.. nothing to do with camera.. when u do this and come to 4.4 AOSP ROM then Camera will work again.. Also if u dont want to downgrade it that much just Downgrade to 290 and do ur thing.. as sony said "you must make sure your device is on software build 14.2.A.0.290 (Android 4.3) or later"
26th May 2014, 04:46 AM |#301  
Moorpark

More
Quote:

it will work.. dont worry its just for solving the Partition Problems and other bugs.. nothing to do with camera.. when u do this and come to 4.4 AOSP ROM then Camera will work again.. Also if u dont want to downgrade it that much just Downgrade to 290 and do ur thing.. as sony said "you must make sure your device is on software build 14.2.A.0.290 (Android 4.3) or later"

I flashed it from .534 and it works!

Sorry for turning this into a Q/A thread..thanks a lot.
The Following User Says Thank You to kentexcitebot For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kentexcitebot Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)