FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

standard android settings! generic bluetooth audio is working!!! thank you scottsdca!

155 posts
Thanks Meter: 49

By tarvoke, Senior Member on 12th April 2014, 04:13 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
9th January 2015, 07:01 PM |#51  
Thanks Meter: 107

More
just checking to be thorough but are you connecting the bluetooth dongle to the AFTV's USB port? If so, I am thinking that you shouldn;t need it because the Amazon devices have a bluetooth controller built in. if this doesn;t apply to you then ignore.

is your blue led flashing when you are trying to pair the keyboard? if not, hit the FN + F1 keys on the keyboard. then type the code and hit enter when prompted by your AFTV.

I also had difficulty connecting my iPazzport keyboard to my AFS but got it paired eventually by turning off bluetooth and then turning it back on using the Wukong Romote app on my cell phone to emulate a mouse and then attempting to connect.

9th January 2015, 08:04 PM |#52  
Thanks Meter: 53

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekweezle

just checking to be thorough but are you connecting the bluetooth dongle to the AFTV's USB port? If so, I am thinking that you shouldn;t need it because the Amazon devices have a bluetooth controller built in. if this doesn;t apply to you then ignore.

is your blue led flashing when you are trying to pair the keyboard? if not, hit the FN + F1 keys on the keyboard. then type the code and hit enter when prompted by your AFTV.

I also had difficulty connecting my iPazzport keyboard to my AFS but got it paired eventually by turning off bluetooth and then turning it back on using the Wukong Romote app on my cell phone to emulate a mouse and then attempting to connect.

I'm not using the dongle even thou I also tried it just to make sure.
The blue led is flashing, I enter the code as prompted but nothing happens and the blue light keeps flashing.
I've tried turning off the bluetooth and back on (with a usb mouse) and get the same results.
I've tried it on 2 of my FTV to no avail

I've seen comments from others claiming that the Favi FE02BT-BL works for them so I'm not sure why it doesn't work for me.

I did successfully pair it to my windows machine via dongle so I know it works.
9th January 2015, 08:32 PM |#53  
Thanks Meter: 107

More
according to this thread, someone reported that they think it works with the AFS and not the AFTV since multiple people have been having the same exact issue as you. I didn;t think there would be a difference. I have an AFS.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/fire...t2975473/page2

According to this thread, it sounds like the AFTV is not limited to bluetooth keyboards and can use RF wireless ones since you have a USB port(we don;t have one on the AFS).

http://forum.xda-developers.com/fire...-aftv-t2996200

here is one that's being recommended

http://www.amazon.com/iPazzPort-KP-8.../dp/B009B6M2W8
11th January 2015, 05:31 AM |#54  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Bluetooth-only Settings APK
I was also able to use the stock Settings.apk app that many others have had success with when adding Bluetooth devices.

I figured since most of the app is not useful with the FireTV, and some of it could be dangerous to mess with - I updated the APK so that only the Bluetooth settings are available, nothing else. I also updated the app title to Bluetooth Settings (English only), and used the stock Bluetooth icon as the app default. So now instead of seeing two Settings apps, this one is better differentiated.

Notes:
- This will not fix any existing Bluetooth issues, this is the Settings.apk app but without the non-Bluetooth menu items
- I've used this on a FireTV Stick to pair a Favi FE02BTBL touchpad/keyboard combo that needs the keyboard to enter a random code for pairing
- The Bluetooth ON/OFF switch button was not removed, so you still need to be careful not to turn off Bluetooth

Attached: FireTV-Bluetooth-Settings.apk
Attached Files
File Type: apk FireTV-Bluetooth-Settings.apk - [Click for QR Code] (3.13 MB, 9176 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to andyf101 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift andyf101 Ad-Free
11th January 2015, 02:31 PM |#55  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyf101

I was also able to use the stock Settings.apk app that many others have had success with when adding Bluetooth devices.

I figured since most of the app is not useful with the FireTV, and some of it could be dangerous to mess with - I updated the APK so that only the Bluetooth settings are available, nothing else. I also updated the app title to Bluetooth Settings (English only), and used the stock Bluetooth icon as the app default. So now instead of seeing two Settings apps, this one is better differentiated.

Notes:

- This will not fix any existing Bluetooth issues, this is the Settings.apk app but without the non-Bluetooth menu items

- I've used this on a FireTV Stick to pair a Favi FE02BTBL touchpad/keyboard combo that needs the keyboard to enter a random code for pairing

- The Bluetooth ON/OFF switch button was not removed, so you still need to be careful not to turn off Bluetooth

Attached: FireTV-Bluetooth-Settings.apk

How's the touch pad working out for you? I've been looking for this solution for a long time. Thank you!
11th January 2015, 03:12 PM |#56  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vi3tl23n3gad3

How's the touch pad working out for you? I've been looking for this solution for a long time. Thank you!

Its pretty functional, but there's little things that remind you its a workaround.

Some times you'll want to click on a button in FireOS, but they've wired it up to respond to Enter and not an OnClick. An example is the onscreen keyboard that pops up even though a keyboard is active (unlike stock Android) - the typing on the Favi works but then you have to click the Done/Next (changes names) button at bottom right and it doesn't respond to OnClick. So you end up arrowing over to it to press Enter.

The other aannoyance I've had is with apps designed for touch/tablet that are sideloaded, and use long scrolling pages of images. Some of the tv network apps are this way. It means moving the cursor to the bottom of the screen, holding down the click button and then dragging up before releasing the click button. You can't easily fling the page into scrolling faster.

I have had good success with Xfinity TV Go and TiVo streaming apps.

As for the Favi specifically, it has some Android specific buttons and is compact which is good (Home and Back are used a lot). It uses mini (not micro) USB to charge which is annoying. The touchpad area is small so its a compromise on portability vs ease of use. And the touchpad responsiveness is just average, certainly doesn't compare to a MacBook touchpad. I purchased a refurbished one for half off msrp,and haven't tried other options - so it'd be hard to compare.
11th January 2015, 04:12 PM |#57  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyf101

Its pretty functional, but there's little things that remind you its a workaround.

Some times you'll want to click on a button in FireOS, but they've wired it up to respond to Enter and not an OnClick. An example is the onscreen keyboard that pops up even though a keyboard is active (unlike stock Android) - the typing on the Favi works but then you have to click the Done/Next (changes names) button at bottom right and it doesn't respond to OnClick. So you end up arrowing over to it to press Enter.

The other aannoyance I've had is with apps designed for touch/tablet that are sideloaded, and use long scrolling pages of images. Some of the tv network apps are this way. It means moving the cursor to the bottom of the screen, holding down the click button and then dragging up before releasing the click button. You can't easily fling the page into scrolling faster.

I have had good success with Xfinity TV Go and TiVo streaming apps.

As for the Favi specifically, it has some Android specific buttons and is compact which is good (Home and Back are used a lot). It uses mini (not micro) USB to charge which is annoying. The touchpad area is small so its a compromise on portability vs ease of use. And the touchpad responsiveness is just average, certainly doesn't compare to a MacBook touchpad. I purchased a refurbished one for half off msrp,and haven't tried other options - so it'd be hard to compare.

Yes! I was looking specifically for feed back with xfinity. Read my mind. Showtime Amazon app doesn't have a log in for xfinity. Have you tried side loading showtime app from android market? Same with hbogo
14th January 2015, 04:02 PM |#58  

More
I haven't tried Showtime or HBO apps because I don't have them on my Xfinity account.
16th January 2015, 07:11 PM |#59  
Flag West Tejas
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Just installed the BT only settings apk to my FTV Stick and tried pairing headphones and as others have said, it pairs but sound only goes through HDMI. Just want to confirm that there's no way to get this to work at this point? Sucks because I have an Ouya with XBMC on it and works fine on that, but I'd like to be able to ditch the Ouya now that I have the FTV Stick.
16th January 2015, 09:21 PM |#60  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by effluent

Just installed the BT only settings apk to my FTV Stick and tried pairing headphones and as others have said, it pairs but sound only goes through HDMI. Just want to confirm that there's no way to get this to work at this point? Sucks because I have an Ouya with XBMC on it and works fine on that, but I'd like to be able to ditch the Ouya now that I have the FTV Stick.

Hey buddy. I have a firetv and a firetv stick. I have gotten Bluetooth audio to work with my firetv before. But it's really terrible. There's a lot of apps that don't work with it at all. And some apps that work but the lip sync is off. Haven't tried with firetv stick yet. But now I'm curious.
16th January 2015, 10:00 PM |#61  
Flag West Tejas
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vi3tl23n3gad3

Hey buddy. I have a firetv and a firetv stick. I have gotten Bluetooth audio to work with my firetv before. But it's really terrible. There's a lot of apps that don't work with it at all. And some apps that work but the lip sync is off. Haven't tried with firetv stick yet. But now I'm curious.

If it at least worked with XBMC I'd be happy. You can adjust the audio delay on it to make it sync on XBMC. I can do it on the Ouya but it's slower, buggier and crashes more.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)