FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[DRIVERS] Latest HTC Drivers | 4.16.0.001

1,922 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,232
 
By dd98, Senior Member on 12th April 2014, 02:45 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
20th September 2015, 04:52 PM |#51  
city2026's Avatar
Member
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 31
 
More
It's okay. But better add it back to the top. (Whether my links or your own)
 
 
20th September 2015, 11:35 PM |#52  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,232
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by city2026

It's okay. But better add it back to the top. (Whether my links or your own)

done
30th September 2015, 08:06 AM |#53  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Question Trouble with Windows 10
Thanks for the info! I've been trying to get fastboot working on a HTC One X with Windows 10 and it's driving me nuts.

I've downloaded and installed the 4.16.0.001 driver in this thread. ADB works fine and I can get into what looks like fastboot from command window "adb reboot bootloader."

However, once the phone starts up again, "fastboot devices" returns nothing. In device manager, I get the yellow warning icon for "Android USB Devices" -> "My HTC." From there, I try to update the driver and I choose "Let me pick from a list of device drivers.." I see "My HTC" in the list and install that. Once it installs I still get the same yellow warning icon. I've tried uninstalling the device fro device manager and starting again, but it's still the same.

Any info on how to get this to work?! From the searching I've done it seems to be a driver issue but I'm at a loss at what to try next..
7th October 2015, 08:19 PM |#54  
Member
Thanks Meter: 27
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim415

I've downloaded and installed the 4.16.0.001 driver in this thread. ADB works fine and I can get into what looks like fastboot from command window "adb reboot bootloader."

However, once the phone starts up again, "fastboot devices" returns nothing. In device manager, I get the yellow warning icon for "Android USB Devices" -> "My HTC." From there, I try to update the driver and I choose "Let me pick from a list of device drivers.." I see "My HTC" in the list and install that. Once it installs I still get the same yellow warning icon. I've tried uninstalling the device fro device manager and starting again, but it's still the same.

I have the same issue... no solution at the moment
23rd October 2015, 02:50 PM |#55  
MadJoe's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 147
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekPilot01

Problem solved. The problem was caused from bootmanager.

Sent from my HTC One dual sim using Tapatalk

Umm, how? I am having the exact same issue and it's frustrating the hell out of me.

I installed the 4.16 HTC drivers, and my Win10 laptop and desktop both only recognize it as a disk drive, but adb will not show it no matter how many times I kill and restart the server. Grrr.

Manually booting it into FASTBOOT causes "Unknown USB Device (Device Failed Enumeration) and "My HTC" never shows when trying to update drivers manually.
23rd October 2015, 04:11 PM |#56  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadJoe

Umm, how? I am having the exact same issue and it's frustrating the hell out of me.

I installed the 4.16 HTC drivers, and my Win10 laptop and desktop both only recognize it as a disk drive, but adb will not show it no matter how many times I kill and restart the server. Grrr.

Manually booting it into FASTBOOT causes "Unknown USB Device (Device Failed Enumeration) and "My HTC" never shows when trying to update drivers manually.

I was using bootmanager xposed module. Two things happened. First, my dual sim after reboot was unable to see my cards. I had to find them manually from options. Second my phone was seen as DVD. The first problem make me think that the real problem was caused by something that didn't started, as dual sim manager. So I unistalled bootmanager and this solved both my problems.

P. S. Dual sim manager was not disabled at bootmanager... Hope this helps

Sent from my HTC One dual sim using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to GreekPilot01 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GreekPilot01 Ad-Free
23rd October 2015, 08:08 PM |#57  
MadJoe's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 147
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekPilot01

I was using bootmanager xposed module. Two things happened. First, my dual sim after reboot was unable to see my cards. I had to find them manually from options. Second my phone was seen as DVD. The first problem make me think that the real problem was caused by something that didn't started, as dual sim manager. So I unistalled bootmanager and this solved both my problems.

P. S. Dual sim manager was not disabled at bootmanager... Hope this helps

Sent from my HTC One dual sim using Tapatalk

Oh, I guess I'm not having the same problem then, I don't have dual SIMs nor do I use Boot Manager. I just cannot for the life of me get adb to recognize this stupid phone. I have tried all the "this works for every type of phone" and HTC specific tutorials I can find, yet nothing. I've installed the latest HTC drivers multiple times, still nothing. I've rebooted, and booted into fastboot manually several times, nothing. adb apparently hates me. Thanks anyway. :-/

---------- Post added at 03:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekPilot01

I was using bootmanager xposed module. Two things happened. First, my dual sim after reboot was unable to see my cards. I had to find them manually from options. Second my phone was seen as DVD. The first problem make me think that the real problem was caused by something that didn't started, as dual sim manager. So I unistalled bootmanager and this solved both my problems.

P. S. Dual sim manager was not disabled at bootmanager... Hope this helps

Sent from my HTC One dual sim using Tapatalk

I'm such an idiot! I have been fighting with this stupid thing and all the while I forgot to enable USB Debugging... I don't know why, but your post got me to think about that and check it, so thank you for that!
The Following User Says Thank You to MadJoe For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MadJoe Ad-Free
23rd October 2015, 08:35 PM |#58  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
I am glad I helped even in that way...
Have a nice weekend

Sent from my HTC One dual sim using Tapatalk
23rd October 2015, 10:51 PM |#59  
garleest's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 299
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadJoe

Umm, how? I am having the exact same issue and it's frustrating the hell out of me.

I installed the 4.16 HTC drivers, and my Win10 laptop and desktop both only recognize it as a disk drive, but adb will not show it no matter how many times I kill and restart the server. Grrr.

Manually booting it into FASTBOOT causes "Unknown USB Device (Device Failed Enumeration) and "My HTC" never shows when trying to update drivers manually.

To get fastboot working on Windows 10.

1. Download the attached file and extract.
2. Right click on the Start button and choose Command Prompt (admin). Then type "regedit" and press enter.
3. Go to File > Import > choose Fastboot.reg.

Credits goes to the OP of this thread

http://forum.xda-developers.com/htc-...s-8-1-t2858337
Attached Files
File Type: zip Fastboot.reg.zip - [Click for QR Code] (358 Bytes, 860 views)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to garleest For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift garleest Ad-Free
24th October 2015, 03:29 PM |#60  
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dd98

Here are the latest HTC Drivers 4.16.0.001 which are compatible with Windows 10 and Windows 8.1

To ensure Fastboot is working on Windows 8.1 make sure you have installed the update from Microsoft as described in this thread

Download Latest HTC Drivers:


thanks to @city2026

Dead link?
24th October 2015, 06:20 PM |#61  
garleest's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 299
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wittier

Dead link?

I got the drivers I used from here.

http://androidxda.com/download-htc-usb-drivers
The Following User Says Thank You to garleest For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift garleest Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
drivers, htc, windows 8.1

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes