!!! I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY PROBLEMS THAT OCCUR WHILE INSTALLING/USING THIS !!!
Please follow the XDA rules. This is a development thread, not a Q & A or opinion thread. If your post isn't related directly to development (within reason), it will be ignored and/or reported to the moderators. Speculation/flaming/attacks/rants will not be tolerated.
How to Install:
- Peform a full nandroid backup.
- If you already have the full 39A bootstack and are running TWRP 220.127.116.11 or higher, you may skip the next step.
- Flash the 39A bootstack found in the VS980 Resources thread in this forum and reboot back into recovery (there's a menu item in TWRP to do this).
- Wipe data/cache within twrp. You should leave internal storage alone. If you fail perform this step and have any issues while running the firmware, start this whole install process again and follow this step before posting.
- Flash the latest firmware version below after verifying the md5.
- Kernel/Firmware options:
- This is a trimmed down kernel built for speed/stability/efficiency. I'm not interested in a bloated kernel with every governor/module/cherry pick du jour and never will be. I prefer using my phone, not obsessing over countless "tweaks".
- Turn on CAF touchboost by creating /sdcard/touchboost file and rebooting. If the file is empty, boost freq is 1036800 Hz. If you want a different one, just put the value inside the text file (no spaces). Valid options are (422400, 652800, 729600, 883200, 960000, 1036800, 1190400, 1267200, 1497600, 1574400, 1728000, 1958400, 2265600). If you don't know what touchboost is, search.
- Switch to Interactive governor by creating /sdcard/interactive file and rebooting.
- Enable Bricked kernel-space hotplug (thanks to @show-p1984) by creating /sdcard/mpdec file and rebooting.
- Enable SEAndroid permissive mode by creating /sdcard/permissive file and rebooting.
- Toggle between G2/G4 Power Menu by creating /sdcard/powermenu file and rebooting.
- Toggle MultiUser by creating /sdcard/multiuser file and rebooting TWICE
- If you wish to restore data using Titanium Backup or some other app, you are welcome to do so, but if you encounter problems, you must follow these steps again WITHOUT restoring data before posting.
- Fix rotation on/off when using new Power Menu
- Change mixed sun/cloud weather to show sun on LS
- Updated Play Services that seems to be a little better behaved
- Fix intermittent VVM connectivity
- Fix Calendar weather display
- MultiUser enabled by default now. Read above for how to toggle it on/off
- Removed some more unnecessary system and Verizon services
- Toggle G2/G4 PowerMenu - VIDEO HERE. Read above for how. Reboot to recovery via longpress on "Power off and restart"
- Added G4 Weather that isn't encrypted and so shouldn't need to be removed for those using XPosed
- Removed QuickWindow as a result of above and conclusive poll
- Initial LP Release - KK release/details in 2nd post
NOTE: AFH provides md5 checksums of all downloads on their site. Please verify them before installing.
XDABBEB's VS980 3.1.2
20 dip Navbar
24 dip Navbar
30 dip Navbar
36 dip Navbar
42 dip Navbar
My Patch - This is a zip I flash on my phone after the main install. It sets the default system dpi to 424, installs the 30dpi navbar and changes the status and navigation bars (centered clock, LP icons, battery percentage to right if on).
- Brut.all & iBotPeaches - apktool
- JesusFreke - smali/baksmali
- Team Codefire - bump
- Team Win - TWRP
Before posting about any issues, make sure that you have followed the install directions explicitly (including wiping data and NOT restoring backed-up data). If you are using a 3rd-party kernel, you must revert to the included kernel first. You must provide DETAILED steps to reproduce the issue along with a log if appropriate or your post will be ignored/moved/deleted/etc. If you don't know how to get a log, HERE is a good tutorial. There is also an excellent app available on the Play Store called SysLog that you can use on your phone.
Devs: I will provide flashable zips or tutorials for any included apps/modifications that I intend to share. I do not authorize anything else to be shared, used or uploaded elsewhere.
XDABBEB's VS980, ROM for the Verizon LG G2
ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: Stock
Current Stable Version: 3.1.2
Stable Release Date: 2014-04-12
Last Updated 2016-02-13