This is a port of ChameleonOS' contact identicons feature (available in the JellyBean versions) with some additional features and fixes.
When enabled, new contacts will be assigned a unique identicon instead of the default picture.
- Use identicons for newly created contacts. A service is normally used to detect new contacts. If you use the Xposed Framework, you can enable Identiconizer! as a module instead to integrate the application into the system.
- Choose from five different identicon styles: Retro, Contemporary, Spirograph, Dot Matrix and Gmail.
- Specify the identicon sizes, from 96x96 up to 720x720 (256x256 max on ICS.)
- Choose a custom background color for the created identicons.
- Create identicons for all contacts without a photo in one go.
- Remove identicons from all contacts that have one set.
- Contacts list to add/remove Identicon to/from wanted contacts only.
- Q: Will this work on XYZ?
A: It should. Try It And See™ - if there are any issues, please report them.
- Q: Is this on the Play Store/Xposed repo/…?
A: No. Uploading to the Xposed repo makes no sense since this isn't primarily an Xposed module. I'm not interested in uploading to the Play Store right now as I see no benefit (added support, more unhelpful users, I prefer a forum for discussions, etc). You can subscribe to this thread for updates, the title will be updated to reflect the current version.
- Q: Can we have random cartoons/different icons set?
A: Cartoons and icon sets will not be implemented. You're welcome to offer suggestions that can be implemented without needing image files (so basically, anything with simple geometrical shapes and/or text.)
- Q: I found a problem. How can I report it?
A: Explain what your problem is - what have you done? What is the expected result? What do you get instead? In other words: include a detailed description of the problem and instructions on how to reproduce it. Also mention what Android ROM/version you're running, and include a logcat if possible (this is necessary if I can't personally reproduce the issue.)
- The ChameleonOS Open Source Project and 0xD34D for code and resources used in this application.
- rovo89 and Tungstwenty for the Xposed Framework.
- TiiXel for his contributions