FORUMS

[APK][Ver. 1.4![4.0+]Smart Pocket Guard - New features! New languages! Bug fixes!

202 posts
Thanks Meter: 204
 
By helmanss, Senior Member on 15th April 2014, 11:31 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello everybody ,
I have developed my second application intended for the playstore. The app is called Smart Pocket Guard (heh kinda weird isn't it ) My first app was the Air Swiper and now I would like to present you a small handy app, which should prevent any unwanted behavior your phone may be doing in your pocket, the app will just lock the phone when it will recognize the phone is in pocket a no one is interacting with him.
I have personally been using my app for three days and I have to say it works just flawelessly almost no battery drain.
But it is on you guys, please everybody tell me if you will experience something bad or like that.
If you have any idea what to add, feel free to hesitate me via PM. Hope you are going to like it.
Have a great time everyone

Google Play link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rt.pocketguard

Also if anybody is interested and would like to help me with translating the app to his native langauage, please PM me. I'll you give credits at the end of thread.

If you would find my app helpful for you, you can support me via donating or even rate my app on playstore with nice comment. Since app is ADs free and I am a very young student who spares time developing apps for free, for everyone to download, so if you like my app then please at least leave a nice comment.

Features:
Position guard - Experimental feature which may help you to get better experience.

Screenies




Attached Files
File Type: apk PocketGuard_v1.1.apk - [Click for QR Code] (426.5 KB, 407 views)
File Type: apk PocketGuard_v1.2.apk - [Click for QR Code] (432.6 KB, 275 views)
File Type: apk PocketGuard_v1.3.apk - [Click for QR Code] (434.4 KB, 228 views)
File Type: apk PocketGuard_v1.4.apk - [Click for QR Code] (436.1 KB, 722 views)
The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to helmanss For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift helmanss Ad-Free
15th April 2014, 11:37 PM |#2  
helmanss's Avatar
OP Senior Member
XDA-Developers
Thanks Meter: 204
 
Donate to Me
More
Lightbulb Changelog
Changelog:

Version 1.2 - 16/4/2014:
-Added an option to calibrate position sensor!
-Internal bug fixes

Version 1.3 - 17/4/2014
-Internal bug fixes
-Added Italian language (Thanks to qualkano)

Version 1.4 - 17/4/2014
-Added Czech language (Thanks to me )
15th April 2014, 11:38 PM |#3  
helmanss's Avatar
OP Senior Member
XDA-Developers
Thanks Meter: 204
 
Donate to Me
More
Info 2 Info
Still looking for people who would like to help translate the application. If interested please PM me.

Italian language - thanks to qualkano
16th April 2014, 03:40 AM |#4  
Senior Member
Flag chennai
Thanks Meter: 32
 
More
Thumbs up waiting for this one
started using the app .review in 2-3 days
16th April 2014, 04:40 AM |#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 22
 
More
Installed on my N5 and a quick test up against a cushion with the lock screen disabled worked well. I saw the screen light up and then quickly turn off a second or two later. Will leave it installed and see how it goes for everyday use.

Great idea btw, and I like the simplicity.

Edit: Playing around with a finger over the sensor, it looks like a 3 second delay during which it's still possible to do stuff. Did you consider making the delay shorter, say a maximum of 1 second (or as near to instant as possible)? Or even user changeable?
16th April 2014, 07:50 AM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,125
 
More
works like a charm, thx 4 this

is it possible to disable also "Power-Button" while in Pocket?
16th April 2014, 08:03 AM |#7  
helmanss's Avatar
OP Senior Member
XDA-Developers
Thanks Meter: 204
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by balaaje

started using the app .review in 2-3 days

Thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noiz

Installed on my N5 and a quick test up against a cushion with the lock screen disabled worked well. I saw the screen light up and then quickly turn off a second or two later. Will leave it installed and see how it goes for everyday use.

Great idea btw, and I like the simplicity.

Edit: Playing around with a finger over the sensor, it looks like a 3 second delay during which it's still possible to do stuff. Did you consider making the delay shorter, say a maximum of 1 second (or as near to instant as possible)? Or even user changeable?

Well I was thinking of it, but I have found the actual delay the best. But I can surely make an input for changing the delay. Thank you for your comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiray1982

works like a charm, thx 4 this

is it possible to disable also "Power-Button" while in Pocket?

Thank you! I am not sure, but I will look into it.

Please everybody who has a moment, let me here a comment about the position guard.
It may be sensitive it may be not that much sensitive it varies by devices.
I have actually one solution in my head but I would like to hear how it works for you.
Include your phone model into comment as well please.
The Following User Says Thank You to helmanss For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift helmanss Ad-Free
16th April 2014, 09:37 AM |#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 22
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by helmanss

Well I was thinking of it, but I have found the actual delay the best. But I can surely make an input for changing the delay. Thank you for your comment.

No worries, thanks for making the app! I'd be interested to know how/why you came to find the 3 second delay to work best.

From half a day's use so far it's been almost been surprising to turn the phone on and not see the lock screen, but I like it! For what it's worth, it's always been exactly where I left it so far...

Quote:

Please everybody who has a moment, let me here a comment about the position guard.
It may be sensitive it may be not that much sensitive it varies by devices.

What does that feature do exactly? And does it drain any extra power having it enabled?
16th April 2014, 05:14 PM |#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Thumbs up So far, so good!
I did some quick testing on my new Galaxy S5 and so far it seems to be working just fine.

I had my S4 for ~7 months with zero accidental dials with my phone in my front pocket. I had my S5 for only a few days and had already butt-dialed my home twice (it's my In Case of Emergency number). I'm looking forward to this solving that problem.
16th April 2014, 05:36 PM |#10  
helmanss's Avatar
OP Senior Member
XDA-Developers
Thanks Meter: 204
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewilts

I did some quick testing on my new Galaxy S5 and so far it seems to be working just fine.

I had my S4 for ~7 months with zero accidental dials with my phone in my front pocket. I had my S5 for only a few days and had already butt-dialed my home twice (it's my In Case of Emergency number). I'm looking forward to this solving that problem.

Hey, happy to hear my app can solve your problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noiz

No worries, thanks for making the app! I'd be interested to know how/why you came to find the 3 second delay to work best.

From half a day's use so far it's been almost been surprising to turn the phone on and not see the lock screen, but I like it! For what it's worth, it's always been exactly where I left it so far...

What does that feature do exactly? And does it drain any extra power having it enabled?

So the 3 seconds delay is a value based on a results of many tests done by myself while trying the app.

And about the position guard, the position guard adds the next verification system next to the proximity sensor by using device accelerometr.
16th April 2014, 08:55 PM |#11  
helmanss's Avatar
OP Senior Member
XDA-Developers
Thanks Meter: 204
 
Donate to Me
More
Post New update
Hey everybody,

I have updated the app (download in the OP attachment section) and now you guys are able to calibrate the device psychical position guard just exactly how it fits you.
You just have to put your phone into pocket, wait and YAAAY done.

Hope you guys are gonna like it. If you have any problems, PM me if you would like to help translate the app do so as well.

Share and rate. Thanks everyone for your support a reviews.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, free, guard, pocket, smart

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes