FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Mobile not charging while switched on

12 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By vicky4india, Junior Member on 16th April 2014, 02:19 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Please help.My micromax A116 not charging while swichted on.If i Swiched off than connect charger it charges perfactly .All usb function ie otg drive otg mouse working perfactly.Even I flashed it with stock rom,calibrate battery flash other rom .But still it is not charging while it is on .So every tome it discharged I have to switc it off than charge in same switch off mode.Even i give it to the mobile service center they told there is no fault in board neither in battery.

19th April 2014, 03:44 AM |#2  

More
Same problem
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicky4india

Please help.My micromax A116 not charging while swichted on.If i Swiched off than connect charger it charges perfactly .All usb function ie otg drive otg mouse working perfactly.Even I flashed it with stock rom,calibrate battery flash other rom .But still it is not charging while it is on .So every tome it discharged I have to switc it off than charge in same switch off mode.Even i give it to the mobile service center they told there is no fault in board neither in battery.

Have you fix your phone. Please share if did. I also have the same problem with my phone. I think it is happen when i calibrating my battery.
19th April 2014, 11:11 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilaz

Have you fix your phone. Please share if did. I also have the same problem with my phone. I think it is happen when i calibrating my battery.

no i am also waiting for help.second i wish to mention its happen when i flash doge rom and suggested karnel.
19th April 2014, 01:18 PM |#4  
Flag Kitchener
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Post A software problem
Quote:

no i am also waiting for help.second i wish to mention its happen when i flash doge rom and suggested karnel.

If the phone charges while switched off there is no hardware problem whatsoever. It's a bug. You should post about this bug in Doge ROM thread. If you want to get rid of the bug flash stock (via sp flash tool) and then other custom rom. If you want to use a custom kernel with a custom rom keep in mind to check that the base rom used is A116 stock.

I have also read that removing the battery for an hour or two and than putting it back in solved the problem.

The other problem can be the charger. Are you using the USB cable that came with your smartphone? Even if you are charging with the original cable do get a hold on another(from your friend owning a116) and check if the problem still persists.
22nd April 2014, 10:25 AM |#5  

More
Thanks anyway
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayvijay Gohil

If the phone charges while switched off there is no hardware problem whatsoever. It's a bug. You should post about this bug in Doge ROM thread. If you want to get rid of the bug flash stock (via sp flash tool) and then other custom rom. If you want to use a custom kernel with a custom rom keep in mind to check that the base rom used is A116 stock.

I have also read that removing the battery for an hour or two and than putting it back in solved the problem.

The other problem can be the charger. Are you using the USB cable that came with your smartphone? Even if you are charging with the original cable do get a hold on another(from your friend owning a116) and check if the problem still persists.

I relly appreciate your comment sir. But ive allready tried to flash stock via sp tool but the problem is no driver found in my device. Were the same thought it is not about hardware problem therefore i wont to go to service center for this. Id like to solve this issue with my own searching and also asking here
I think the problem is the built in driver of my phone is corrupted. When it connect to pc. It always say unknown device.
22nd April 2014, 11:42 AM |#6  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilaz

I relly appreciate your comment sir. But ive allready tried to flash stock via sp tool but the problem is no driver found in my device. Were the same thought it is not about hardware problem therefore i wont to go to service center for this. Id like to solve this issue with my own searching and also asking here
I think the problem is the built in driver of my phone is corrupted. When it connect to pc. It always say unknown device.

i tried all stock rom of different version ,custom rom,flashing stock by formatting and flashing method by sp tool,changing karnel all possible,but finally no result still i can flash .and charge in off mode.but in on mode only otg function working no pc connection no charging.
22nd April 2014, 11:48 AM |#7  
OP Junior Member

More
its true that driver problem but how i can get that particular driver.and why flashing not resolving the problem any help please .thanks
22nd April 2014, 07:30 PM |#8  

More
Quote:

its true that driver problem but how i can get that particular driver.and why flashing not resolving the problem any help please .thanks

Vicky i successfuly flash stock via spflashtool but i still having a problem about charging . Now weve noticed that sp flash tool is not sulotion
23rd April 2014, 03:18 AM |#9  
OP Junior Member

More
Ya so flash tool is not the solution. It should be meta mode flashing. But as on some forum described meta mode flashing via connecting the phone by holding volume up .I tried but found it is not meta mode flashing .so only a factory mode flashing can help.second I checked in boot loader test it showing charger connected but the power its getting from the charger shows 49 ma.that's the reason of slow charging while switched off.but when switched on I tried diagnostic tools no charger and USB connection detected soclear some bug in a script which not let USB connection and charging .

Still cross finger waiting for expert solution.

23rd April 2014, 01:11 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Wink
Quote:

Ya so flash tool is not the solution. It should be meta mode flashing. But as on some forum described meta mode flashing via connecting the phone by holding volume up .I tried but found it is not meta mode flashing .so only a factory mode flashing can help.second I checked in boot loader test it showing charger connected but the power its getting from the charger shows 49 ma.that's the reason of slow charging while switched off.but when switched on I tried diagnostic tools no charger and USB connection detected soclear some bug in a script which not let USB connection and charging .

Still cross finger waiting for expert solution.

i google your problem and found a very strange solution( strange because it is illogical but don't know how it is working for some people you may try it )
http://forums.androidcentral.com/goo...when-help.html
The Following User Says Thank You to kmanish75 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kmanish75 Ad-Free
24th April 2014, 03:12 AM |#11  
OP Junior Member

More
Thanks I already googled and found that option. But that one is not working.

Sent from my Micromax A116 using xda app-developers app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)