[Q] Speaker grill hole and Sound quality problems

Search This thread

aznsephyi

Feb 26, 2011
Hi Everybody,

is anyone else noticing the speaker grill hole aren't completely drilled through?

Also,
much more importantly,

is anyone else hearing a metallic grating noise when sound is played through the speakers? This isn't just high volume distortion, its constantly present even at low volumes. Very shrill, ratchety, and really annoying. Hoping to return and get a new unit if I'm not the only one with these problems.

Andyw2100

Feb 11, 2008
Hi Everybody,

is anyone else noticing the speaker grill hole aren't completely drilled through?

Also,
much more importantly,

is anyone else hearing a metallic grating noise when sound is played through the speakers? This isn't just high volume distortion, its constantly present even at low volumes. Very shrill, ratchety, and really annoying. Hoping to return and get a new unit if I'm not the only one with these problems.

I can't speak to the noise you're talking about, but the speakers not being drilled all the way through has been discussed several times before. The speakers don't go all the way across, so there's no need for the holes to be drilled all the way through. The extra holes are just cosmetic.

Reactions: mm79k

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi Everybody,

Also,
    much more importantly,

I can't speak to the noise you're talking about, but the speakers not being drilled all the way through has been discussed several times before. The speakers don't go all the way across, so there's no need for the holes to be drilled all the way through. The extra holes are just cosmetic.