[GUIDE] Root the Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini Value Edition (i8200)(i8200L)

Search This thread

mseskir

Apr 9, 2015
Turkey
Can anyone create a debrick image with Wanam's "Partitions Backup & Restore" program and upload it to a file server. There is an option to backup first blocks in this program. You should be rooted. Program makes a 100 mb image file from first blocks. Then i can burn it to a sdcard and use it to revive my phone.

DESASTER75

Jan 30, 2011
Hi 2 All!

Finally I was able to root the I8200N and just want to share 2 All:

on I8200N:
- installed the USB-drivers on PC
- USB-Debugging on
- put latest SuperSu (1.51 from Chainfire) onto phone
- turned I8200N off

on PC:
- installed Odin (I have used 3.0.7) and opened it

on I8200N:
- put I8200N to download-mode (Vol- + Home + Pwr)
- connected I8200N to PC (USB-cable)

on PC:
- Odin showed COM-connection (light blue colour)
ATTENTION: DO NOT CHANGE THE FLAGS SET BY ODIN AUTOMATICALLY!!!
- clicked 'PDA' and selected latest Touch-Recovery forI8200N (downloaded from web)
- clicked 'START' and few seconds later Recovery was installed
- Auto-Reboot of I8200N
- turned I8200N off
- disconnected I8200N from PC

on I8200N:
- went to Recovery (Vol+ + Home + Pwr -> once SAMSUNG-logo showed up I have released Pwr)
- few seconds later Recovery showed up
- picked 'install zip from (external) SDCard'
- picked 'SuperSu.zip'
- installed it
- reboot of I8200N
- went to PlayStore and installed 'RootChecker'

ROOT ACCESS + SUPERSU

-> now root-apps can be installed/used like TitBackup and others!

BR,
DES75

Last edited:

adremides

Oct 21, 2015
This works but...

ROOT YOUR S3 MINI VE WITH KINGO ROOT is more easy without chinese apps .automaticaly installed and superuser

links fot kingo vroot and more HERE

thanks @DanielCarbajal96 for tutorial

I been able to use KingoRoot but not before I tried unsuccessfully vRoot (called iRoot actually, right?), because this one install the ADB drivers when KingoRoot just loop without doing it. That was my experience. I was already rooted KingoRoot the first time successfully (when I actually had the drivers installed because was testing Android Studio) but then I re-installed and lost drivers plus I been trying to change to SuperSu and broken the superuser (it is difficult to me to explain exactly how I broke it in english).

Thanks for the tip.

cloudmann

Apr 10, 2012
I been able to use KingoRoot but not before I tried unsuccessfully vRoot (called iRoot actually, right?), because this one install the ADB drivers when KingoRoot just loop without doing it. That was my experience. I was already rooted KingoRoot the first time successfully (when I actually had the drivers installed because was testing Android Studio) but then I re-installed and lost drivers plus I been trying to change to SuperSu and broken the superuser (it is difficult to me to explain exactly how I broke it in english).

Thanks for the tip.
Old thread, I know, but for anyone stumbling across this, the most reliable way I've found to root the i8200 is through Odin and TWRP. Download Odin, TWRP 2.7.2.0 for the i8200, and SuperSU. Make sure your PC has the Samsung driver's installed. Boot the i8200 to D/L mode, connect to your PC via USB cable, and use Odin to upload TWRP as the new recovery, using PDA. From there, put a copy of the SuperSU zip on an SD card and into your phone. Boot the phone into recovery mode and use TWRP to install that zip file. Boom... rooted i8200.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have the Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini Value Edition i8200L , i'm from Costa Rica and i tried everything to root it , from Android Unified Toolkit (That ensures that root the S3 Mini VE) to DoomLord and SRSRoot but nothing worked , the only metod available to root this phone is with VRoot 1.7.6.5899 this is the chinese version , the english version doesn't work cause i tried and nothing ,i think that was impossible to root it but i tried the chinese version and it works.

Here's my tutorial to root it (Sorry for my bad english)

1-Download VRoot in it official page , google it because i can't put links here cause i'm new member , the version that works it
    VRoot 1.7.6.5899 if there are a new version just download it.

2-Install VRoot.

3-Download and install Samsung Drivers , google it to :D

3-Activate debug mode in developer options , if you dont have developer options go to About Phone and press 7 or 10 times in Build Number or Compilation Number and the developer options will be available , after go to it and activate debug mode.

4-Allow instalation from external sources , ubicated in security options.

5-Open VRoot and wait to detect your phone , if not reconnect the phone to the computer or reinstall drivers.

6-When VRoot detect your phone press Next in VRoot and the root procedure will begin , it will install 2 chinese aplications 1 is like Aptoide and the other is the Superuser , you need SuperSu because it is the more stable , after the root finishes the phone will reboot and you have root acces.

(Next Steps are optional because i'm gonna show you how to change to SuperSu)

6-Download SuperSu from Play Store , open it and install binaries.

7-Download Link2SD and make SuperSu a system application.

8-Reboot the phone.

9-Open SuperSu and if it asks you to update binaries , do it.

10-Go to Link2SD and uninstall the chinese apps that VRoot install.

11-Enjoy root :laugh::laugh:

I posted a screenshot that VRoot shows when i rooted the phone.

Good Luck , any questions i'm here to answer it. :D
    Works also on S3 mini VE European version i8200N

Thank you so much DanielCarbajal96 !

I did exactly according to your description and it worked fine for me.
    There was an addidtional thing to do: allow installation of external sources had to set.
    The first time I set it on 'once' and only one Chinese app was installed , I had to do it again.

After I finished did something wrong when I installed SuperSU form the marked. It was not able to update binary's.
    I did a 'RE-ROOT' , and now it is perpect.

thanks a lot.

Hans
    ROOT YOUR S3 MINI VE WITH KINGO ROOT is more easy without chinese apps .automaticaly installed and superuser

links fot kingo vroot and more HERE

thanks @DanielCarbajal96 for tutorial
    I have the Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini Value Edition i8200L , i'm from Costa Rica and i tried everything to root it , from Android Unified Toolkit (That ensures that root the S3 Mini VE) to DoomLord and SRSRoot but nothing worked , the only metod available to root this phone is with VRoot 1.7.6.5899 this is the chinese version , the english version doesn't work cause i tried and nothing ,i think that was impossible to root it but i tried the chinese version and it works.

Here's my tutorial to root it (Sorry for my bad english)

1-Download VRoot in it official page , google it because i can't put links here cause i'm new member , the version that works it
    VRoot 1.7.6.5899 if there are a new version just download it.

2-Install VRoot.

3-Download and install Samsung Drivers , google it to :D

3-Activate debug mode in developer options , if you dont have developer options go to About Phone and press 7 or 10 times in Build Number or Compilation Number and the developer options will be available , after go to it and activate debug mode.

4-Open VRoot and wait to detect your phone , if not reconnect the phone to the computer or reinstall drivers.

5-When VRoot detect your phone press Next in VRoot and the root procedure will begin , it will install 2 chinese aplications 1 is like Aptoide and the other is the Superuser , you need SuperSu because it is the more stable , after the root finishes the phone will reboot and you have root acces.

(Next Steps are optional because i'm gonna show you how to change to SuperSu)

6-Download SuperSu from Play Store , open it and install binaries.

7-Download Link2SD and make SuperSu a system application.

8-Reboot the phone.

9-Open SuperSu and if it asks you to update binaries , do it.

10-Go to Link2SD and uninstall the chinese apps that VRoot install.

11-Enjoy root :laugh::laugh:

I posted a screenshot that VRoot shows when i rooted the phone.

Good Luck , any questions i'm here to answer it. :D

yessssssssss it works,with the version you prefered,thank you man
    yessssssssss it works,with the version you prefered,thank you man
    You welcome ;)