FORUMS

[TOOL] Google Camera Lens Blur - 3d paralax effect / export as GIF, WEBM animations!

28 posts
Thanks Meter: 100

By th7org, Junior Member on 21st April 2014, 11:21 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi all,

My buddy just developed this awesome tool to extract depth map image and original shoot (not blurred one) from Lens Blur jpegs. It looks like this:

And here are the results of applying depth map as a source of displacement map filter. Wooo, you can now view your own image in 3D

Everything is done locally in your browser so you can safely extract depth maps from your own images.

BIG UPDATE!

Completely new interface (and logo ):

Edit / tweak / create your own depthmaps (like this):

3D Anaglyps (use your red/cyan 3d glasses):

Other stuff:
* Saving to Google Camera Lens Blur compatible JPEGs
* Add shortcut to your launcher for native-like full-screen experience.
* Hi quality WEBM encoder (useful for video, embedding in gfycat.com, uploading to YouTube, etc.)
* Better GIFs, with dithering

link: depthy.me

Have fun!
The Following 80 Users Say Thank You to th7org For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift th7org Ad-Free
21st April 2014, 11:41 PM |#2  
Flag Largo
Thanks Meter: 1,811

Donate to Me
More
Cool

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
22nd April 2014, 01:49 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 135

More
This is great, but if you can made it as APP to be installed in the phone, it will be even better.
The Following User Says Thank You to chihliouma For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift chihliouma Ad-Free
22nd April 2014, 03:55 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
I got it to output the 2 images, buy how do I see the 3D image? I'm using Chrome.

Thanks,
Kevro

Sent from my gargantuan VZW Galaxy Note II
22nd April 2014, 05:04 AM |#5  
Humble
Thanks Meter: 77

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chihliouma

This is great, but if you can made it as APP to be installed in the phone, it will be even better.

And use the output images as a lwp. Definitely something I would pay for.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xheavymetaldadx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xheavymetaldadx Ad-Free
22nd April 2014, 07:17 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevro_86

I got it to output the 2 images, buy how do I see the 3D image? I'm using Chrome.

Your browser needs to support webgl. Does any of these http://www.chromeexperiments.com/webgl/ work on your device?
The Following User Says Thank You to haobe For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift haobe Ad-Free
22nd April 2014, 12:29 PM |#7  
Flag Przemysl
Thanks Meter: 226

Donate to Me
More
It's AMAZING, I wonder if is there any way to safe this parallax view on my pc or phone.
22nd April 2014, 12:39 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Apparently a recent version of Chrome screwed up WebGL. I tried going into chrome://flags and enabling it, and I still just get the 2 separate images. None of the mobile experiments are working in my Note 2.

Dang!! I really want to see this!

Sent from my gargantuan VZW Galaxy Note II
22nd April 2014, 02:54 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 37

More
This looks great ! Now IF someone would make this into an app, and possibly to a lwp.. Just saying they would get my money
The Following User Says Thank You to lemmatti For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lemmatti Ad-Free
22nd April 2014, 04:18 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 1,339

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by haobe

Your browser needs to support webgl. Does any of these http://www.chromeexperiments.com/webgl/ work on your device?

This webgl experiment is working on chrome beta 34.0.1847.99.

http://brm.io/matter-js-demo/

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Harsha Raj For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Harsha Raj Ad-Free
22nd April 2014, 04:25 PM |#11  
Flag Salt Lake City
Thanks Meter: 20

More
I drag and drop my own pic but nothing shows up on the page nothing on the "parallax " only on the extracted images
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)