Best equalizer?

Search This thread

Recon0212

Jul 7, 2012
What's the best equalizer for this phone? I was trying to use viper4android but it messed up the speakers on my phone (don't really know how though...)

sean67854

Mar 9, 2013
Any new ideas for the best systemwide EQ? I use Google Play Music All Access and I'd like to have some control. I am s-off rooted on a stock rom.

R

richii0207

What's wrong with BoomSound?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Free mobile app

brandogg

Jul 27, 2008
...it's not an equalizer? On the One M8 you don't get the EQ settings that are built in to Google Play Music (at least from my experience), I assume because of having Boom Sound (whether or not its enabled).

Napoleones

May 3, 2014
There's no equalizer on board. You have the option to toggle Boomsound audio on or off with the headphones on. You cannot disable the feature when playing through the speakers.

Strangely enough only one of the HTC One (M8) units we got to play with turned out to have a built-in FM radio. The European version comes with an FM Radio receiver and an FM radio preinstalled, while the Verizon unit lacked an app. It's anyone's guess whether the hardware is still there and has been disabled (meaning that it can be unlocked with some sort of mod) or if it's gone altogether.