0 Vote(s)
0%

4 Vote(s)
14.29%

Sony Xperia Z3 Concept Phone

679 posts
Thanks Meter: 394

Post Reply Email Thread
Considering i am reaching the end and completion of my dream phone i thought i'd share it here, I am not sure if I shared this particular one before but it's the concept I was most happy about.

Demonstrating the experimental light stripe idea and slightly rounder corners

It would have a 4.7 inch 1080p jdi oled panel with white magic and feature my virtual bezel idea where it adds dead space top the screen in landscape to be able to hold it easier the sony logo would be part of the screen, it would also inbuilt fingerprint reader in the panel, a snapdragon 805 processor and 4 gb of ram, battery would be 3500 mah.

It would come with either 32 or 64 gb inbuilt storage and a micro SD slot aswell as an ir blaster, it would also have dual sim or a dual sim version.

Another unsure idea for it is my light stripe idea around the entire phone

Build would be a black zero gap uni body, same metal as the frame of the z ultra, it would wrap around the entire phone the frame would be the body, making only the front accessible to the inside.

What's left now for my dream phone is the unrealistic ideas, like a metal plate placed ontop of a oled screen that would have invisible microscopic holes for the screen to shine through resulting in the picture showing on metal instead of glass, Similar to the flip cases with holes on just much much smaller and invisible holes, the idea of well hope, is that the screen can show properly through the metal with no signs of any pattern or hole it should also be able to fill the entire screen space with a solid color without anything in the way black should also show as a solid black color without anything in the way.

The ui itself would be floating icons on metal no wallpaper no underlay just buttons and icons just appearing on metal similar to samsung ultra power saving mode but instead of black glass it's pure metal, it would eliminate the smudge and fingerprint problems once and for all.

So far it's just a fantasy idea i also thought of transparent metal if it can retain it's original metal look when the screen isn't shining through

It would basically be a solid steel metal phone metal on both sides.

Another idea is an inbuilt flip cover with visible holes with a ui you can use through, only need for the full screen would be for media, if you don't mind using the ui with holes.

Well that's all for now I think as far as realism goes my dream phone is finnished please note the lines for the frontfacing speakers may come from a different concept, i don't remember which though.
The Following User Says Thank You to zzcool For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zzcool Ad-Free
25th April 2014, 10:56 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Thumbs up for the effort but 1 out of 10 for the result. All I can say, that design just doesn't justify the premium feel on sony flagship or its beauty. Tbh, I hate thick bezel but I certainly like a thin bezel compared to bezel-less device.

Specs wise, max ram for 32-bit is 3gb. Snapdragon 805 falls under 32-bit thus it is most likely to be 3gb ram. Correct me if i'm wrong.
25th April 2014, 01:12 PM |#3  
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingrion88

Thumbs up for the effort but 1 out of 10 for the result. All I can say, that design just doesn't justify the premium feel on sony flagship or its beauty. Tbh, I hate thick bezel but I certainly like a thin bezel compared to bezel-less device.

Specs wise, max ram for 32-bit is 3gb. Snapdragon 805 falls under 32-bit thus it is most likely to be 3gb ram. Correct me if i'm wrong.

Yeah this concept is not very realistic and certainly not for everyone, but it was made with my taste in mind.

The slightly curved version was made as people told me to make the corners rounder.

But yeah this is my dream phone what i would change is the front metal idea.
25th April 2014, 07:49 PM |#4  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Lommel
Thanks Meter: 16,267

Donate to Me
More
I don't really like it, bezels are too thin for me lol (I like Z2 design it's good, not too much bezel in my opinion)

Anyway I'd rather see S810 then 805, also 4GB won't be necessary. What I'd rather have is RAW support for camera to have uncompressed pics from 21MP or maybe better camera. I'm 99% sure the current cam takes magnificent pics for a phone if we could see the RAW pics. Let's hope Google implements full RAW support soon

Sent from my C6903 using xda app-developers app
25th April 2014, 08:01 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 238

More
Bezels are too thin, it makes it look kinda ugly, besides your fingers would accidentally be pressing the screen all the time, in my opinion the bezels on the Xperia zl are perfect

Sent from my Xperia Z1
27th April 2014, 04:28 PM |#6  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 343

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by krabappel2548

I don't really like it, bezels are too thin for me lol (I like Z2 design it's good, not too much bezel in my opinion)

Anyway I'd rather see S810 then 805, also 4GB won't be necessary. What I'd rather have is RAW support for camera to have uncompressed pics from 21MP or maybe better camera. I'm 99% sure the current cam takes magnificent pics for a phone if we could see the RAW pics. Let's hope Google implements full RAW support soon

+1. I would love to have that RAW file format support for the camera.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
27th April 2014, 04:34 PM |#7  
Flag Stuttgart
Thanks Meter: 24

More
The bezels are the gab between screen and frame?! Right? What you mean is something different.

Sent from my SGP512 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
28th April 2014, 02:06 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 173

More
That would be insanely uncomfortable and unwieldily. Some bezel on a phone actually helps in ergonomics and edge to edge screen handing.
28th April 2014, 02:44 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
they need to add infrared port on the phone asap. i cant understand why they skip it every new model.
28th April 2014, 06:09 PM |#10  
Like I said in the post it would have something I call virtual bezel, you could control it at will ultra thin in portrait thicker in landscape the beauty with oled is that when it shows black it's off so you would basically add dead space too the screen, and it would look like it's not part of the screen.

28th April 2014, 06:21 PM |#11  
But I agree the bottom one is ugly it's the top one I like as you can see it has a thicker Bezel though it really doesn't as you can see the Sony logo is glowing because it's part of the screen, Bezel has no meaning if it's virtual you could have it as thin or thick you want it would act and look like there's no screen where it's black, or at least that's the idea, the idea is that you can't tell where the screen ends, it would look identical too an actual Bezel.

So when you watch a movie where you don't have to hold the phone, you can take advantage of the entire screen space.

It's all up to you how much bezel you want and when you want it.

This is a slightly altered version of my dream phone concept

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)