Need some help.

Search This thread

lemonoid

Jun 15, 2011
Boone, NC
Man, I've been out of the Android loop like never before. Probably since right when kit-kat builds started hitting. Anyways, I've been running Venom for months, and just last night my phone started crashing like crazy. Every time it would turn on, just the smallest bit of interaction would make it restart. At some point I must have deleted the ROMs off my storage, because I finally got into TWRP and wiped my data. But couldn't find any ROMs, so LUCKILY I was able to flash through ADB Sideload. Thank god I set up the SDK on this new computer months ago. Anyways, I was able to flash an old SlimBean I had on my hard drive. The DNA is still having issues. Its not restarting every time I do something like last night, but close to it. Any time I get a phone call, I'm able to pick up and talk for 5 seconds, then it restarts. Can anyone help me out here? I thought about wiping internal storage but I'm not sure what problems that will cause. I'm still on JB with an old version of TWRP. The phone is not messing up while in recovery, so I was thinking about flashing new version of TWRP and installing a newer ROM. I don't know if that will help, anyone got any ideas?

ALSO, I no longer have insurance on my device and my screen is cracked. However, it has been less than 12 months since I purchased, so I may still have the one-year warranty, but unless I could get back to stock really easy, I doubt I could pass it off for a warranty replacement.

Last edited:

lemonoid

Jun 15, 2011
Boone, NC
Does anyone know how I can get fastboot to work? I don't mean in general, I have never had a problem really using fastboot, but when I get into fastboot and check with devices, I'm returning nothing, and I want to flash a new recovery. I know on some ROMs there is a way to turn fastboot on and off, but I'm not seeing anything in this ROM (slimbean-dlx)

Also, just now updating this, but adb won't return a device ID either. I'm not sure why. I believe in recovery it recognizes the device. it did last night. that's how I was able to flash a ROM

Last edited:

Jaggar345

May 24, 2012
Amston
Does anyone know how I can get fastboot to work? I don't mean in general, I have never had a problem really using fastboot, but when I get into fastboot and check with devices, I'm returning nothing, and I want to flash a new recovery. I know on some ROMs there is a way to turn fastboot on and off, but I'm not seeing anything in this ROM (slimbean-dlx)

Also, just now updating this, but adb won't return a device ID either. I'm not sure why. I believe in recovery it recognizes the device. it did last night. that's how I was able to flash a ROM

I would suggest ruu the device back to stock and then try. But I never get my device to show in fastboot and I send recoveries to it all the time. So just flash one at and if it goes you should be able to boot into it and then flash rom.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: lemonoid

lemonoid

Jun 15, 2011
Boone, NC
thanks I'll try it. Even though it wouldn't show my device in fastboot yesterday, i tried flashing the newest TWRP but it didn't do anything. However, the phone has become somewhat stable. It is still rebooting on phone calls, and the UI is REALLY weird. I've never seen it before, the entire UI is really small and zoomed out. Everything operates like normal, but EVERYTHING is about 1/10 the size its supposed to be. I've flashed two different old ROMs and re-flashed the one I am using now (Beanstalk)

Jaggar345

May 24, 2012
Amston
thanks I'll try it. Even though it wouldn't show my device in fastboot yesterday, i tried flashing the newest TWRP but it didn't do anything. However, the phone has become somewhat stable. It is still rebooting on phone calls, and the UI is REALLY weird. I've never seen it before, the entire UI is really small and zoomed out. Everything operates like normal, but EVERYTHING is about 1/10 the size its supposed to be. I've flashed two different old ROMs and re-flashed the one I am using now (Beanstalk)

Hopefully performing the ruu will fix that. Sounds like a system file may have become corrupted.

Sent from my Droid DNA. If I have helped you in any way please press the thanks button.

lemonoid

Jun 15, 2011
Boone, NC
I have never had to RUU before. The DNA was my first HTC since Eris, and I've never really messed up to the point of RUU'ing. Should I just download the most recent RUU and run that? Or would I need to flash anything else with it? such as hboot or recovery?? I have the 3.06 radio/recovery/hboot's downloaded. my brain still operates in samsung and moto modes. I have only managed to irreversibly brick one device out of at least 30 and I would not want that to be my daily driver

orangechoochoo

Nov 30, 2012
Beating up dumbbells
Maybe the cracked screen is messing with the digitizer and then causes ROM havoc?

---------- Post added at 05:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 PM ----------

What Windows version are you using?

lemonoid

Jun 15, 2011
Boone, NC
maybe, I mean, the screen has been cracked for at least 8 months. I'm using 8.1. unfortunately. I didn't realize when I bought this computer how hard it would be for me to get back to Ubuntu which is my preferred. It is so much easier to do anything with Android on Ubuntu IMO.

lemonoid

Jun 15, 2011
Boone, NC
Am I correct in reading a comment somewhere that Fastboot drivers don't work on Windows 8.1??? Does this mean I can't RUU?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I would suggest ruu the device back to stock and then try. But I never get my device to show in fastboot and I send recoveries to it all the time. So just flash one at and if it goes you should be able to boot into it and then flash rom.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app