Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM](Unlocked)(KITKAT) Plain AOSP for Xperia T

447 posts
Thanks Meter: 915

By Rimmer1966, Senior Member on 24th April 2014, 10:57 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Code:
*** Disclamer

Please only flash this ROM if you know what you're doing!!
I take no responsibility for bricked devices, marriage breakdowns,
worldwide recessions or acts of God.
Introduction

Quote:

Hi

I was in two minds whether or not to release this!! It's nothing new, just plain AOSP. It does try and address a few small issues that affect other AOSP based ROMS. For example, the speaker whistle and issues with the Google Camera force closing.

The ROM doesn't have any features that are not included in AOSP except for the addition of Gapps and the Superuser app.
It's a great base if you like using the xposed modules to add you own features, or if you like things light, fast, plain and simple.

Images

I think we all know what AOSP looks like!!!

Features

Quote:

Completely stock AOSP with the addition of Google Apps and SuperUser App.

Working:
All core and important functions of the ROM - WiFi, Bluetooth, RIL, Mobile Data. Camera etc.

Not Working:
Nothing I know of, tell me if you find anything!!

Installation Instructions

Quote:

For Unlocked Bootloaders only:
- MAKE A BACKUP INCASE IT ALL GOES WRONG
- Download the ROM and copy to your SDCARD
- Install a Custom Kernel with Recovery
- Boot into recovery
- Full Wipe
- Install ROM
- Reboot and Enjoy

Downloads

Quote:

Please see the Downloads tab for the latest version

Change Log

Quote:

Version 1.1 Made the ROM fully compatible with ART.

Version 1.0 Initial Release

Credits

Big thanks to the OMNI team for there hard work in updating the Kernel and giving us a stable base to work from.

Big thanks to Moly82 for his patience and countless hours of testing!!

Donations. Not necessary but nice nevertheless!!

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM](Unlocked)(KITKAT) Plain AOSP for Xperia T, a ROM for the Sony Xperia T

Contributors
Rimmer1966, moly82
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: AOSP

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 1.0
Stable Release Date: 2014-04-24

Created 2014-04-24
Last Updated 2014-04-24
The Following 28 Users Say Thank You to Rimmer1966 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Rimmer1966 Ad-Free

24th April 2014, 10:57 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Reserved
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Rimmer1966 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Rimmer1966 Ad-Free
24th April 2014, 11:34 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 2,601

More
I've been using this for some time now and I love it: fast, simple and it perfectly integrates with gravity box and all its customizations!
Plus, it is REALLY the first AOSP rom 100% speaker-whistle free for me! wonderful!
(new google camera also working perfectly )

many thanks to you and of course to @tilal6991 also who made this possible with his great work for omni!

ps. I'm honored, but please remove me from the contributors, I just did some testings!

Screens:

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FcukBloat For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift FcukBloat Ad-Free
24th April 2014, 11:45 AM |#4  
Flag CHANGSHA
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by moly82

I've been using this for some time now and I love it: fast, simple and it perfectly integrates with gravity box and all its customizations! (i'll add some screenshots later to show this)
Plus, it is REALLY the first AOSP rom 100% speaker-whistle free for me! wonderful!
(new google camera also working perfectly )

many thanks to you and of course to tilal also who made this possible with his great work!

ps. I'm honored, but please remove me from the contributors, I just did some testings!

It does not have a bluescreen,doesn't it ?And I am waiting for screenshot .ps :I have been using omni for two week and it is great ,but I still want to try a new rom that looks interesting .

Sent from my Xperia T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
24th April 2014, 12:22 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 2,601

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zy4377340

It does not have a bluescreen,doesn't it ?And I am waiting for screenshot .ps :I have been using omni for two week and it is great ,but I still want to try a new rom that looks interesting .

no bluescreens, it uses new omni kernel/base.. screen added in my previous post (btw just AOSP + gravity box + xposed gel settings for google launcher customizations )

only small bug I encountered so far: the 3G data connectivity symbol disappears sometimes, but I don't care too much (the connection is working anyway even if no symbol is displayed )
The Following User Says Thank You to FcukBloat For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift FcukBloat Ad-Free
24th April 2014, 12:47 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

no bluescreens, it uses new omni kernel/base.. screen added in my previous post (btw just AOSP + gravity box + xposed gel settings for google launcher customizations )

only small bug I encountered so far: the 3G data connectivity symbol disappears sometimes, but I don't care too much (the connection is working anyway even if no symbol is displayed )

Thanks for the bug report, I'll take it up with my test team.. Hold on a minute that's you!!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rimmer1966 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Rimmer1966 Ad-Free
24th April 2014, 01:05 PM |#7  
Flag CHANGSHA

More
Quote:

OK ~I have downloaded it. Could I flash it directly from omni with a full wipe

24th April 2014, 01:05 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zy4377340

OK ~I have downloaded it. Could I flash it directly from omni with a full wipe

Yep..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rimmer1966 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Rimmer1966 Ad-Free
24th April 2014, 01:11 PM |#9  
Flag CHANGSHA

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimmer1966

Yep..

thanks ~

24th April 2014, 02:09 PM |#10  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 2,583

More
How did you manage to fix the speaker whistle issue and the Google camera FCS? I'll include the fix in Omni as well when I get the chance.
The Following User Says Thank You to tilal6991 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th April 2014, 02:25 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tilal6991

How did you manage to fix the speaker whistle issue and the Google camera FCS? I'll include the fix in Omni as well when I get the chance.

Reveal my secret code, are you mad!!!

Well, as you asked so nicely.
The Speaker Whistle was a simple fix. I modified the /system/etc/snd_soc_msm/snd_soc_msm_2x file. I changed it to force the bottom mic to be disabled during calls.
The Camera settings FC is due to the /system/etc/media_profiles.xml file. The Google Camera expects 6 entries in the MediaSettings array. Omni has 8 entries which causes the FC.

If I knew how I would have submitted these changes but my knowledge of Github is very limited I'm afraid..

Hope this helps?

Andy
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Rimmer1966 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Rimmer1966 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)