Remove All Ads from XDA

[MOD][S5] Volume Boost [G900F] Multi TW / CM / Lollipop

280 posts
Thanks Meter: 355

By stalli0nUK, Senior Member on 24th April 2014, 01:50 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
S5 Volume Boost ¸¸♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫

.v1 Lite
All sounds boosted by 4, I choose to increase by only 4 as I felt this gave a great boost to the stock level without sound distortion.
from feedback, this is the best/perfect level of sound

.v2 Medium
All sounds boosted by 5, Medium Level sound increase. personally untested due lite is best for me.

.v3 Extra Loud
All sounds boosted by 6, Extra Loud Level sound increase. personally untested, could cause a crackle sound when music, ringtone etc is
played.

.v4 Lite + Headphone Increase
Same as Lite, apart the headphone volume is increased slightly more, tested and is ok for a boost to your tunes

v5 g900f 4.4.2 Headphone only increase http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=243
v5 g900f Lollipop http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=58039332&postcount=420

It would be a good idea to do a Nandroid backup or a backup of your mixer_path.xml file in /system/etc before hand.
From feedback, I believe versions 1 to 4 might work on other variants like the Sprint, T-mobile etc. But please Backup before testing.
If you have a variant other than the G900F and want a 100% working boost I need your mixer_paths.xml from your device.

Any problems please reply, and flash the G900F restore to get back to stock level

Easy flash guide:
Drop .zip onto internal or ext storage
and flash with a custom recovery.

Hope you like, and any questions please ask

Update 9/12/2014:
Added TW Lollipop for g900f
Added CM12/ASOP Lollipop for g900f
Added TW for g901f

All are v4 boosts

These do NOT work on the G900H, other variants use with caution
The Following 144 Users Say Thank You to stalli0nUK For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift stalli0nUK Ad-Free

24th April 2014, 04:14 PM |#2  
Flag Henderson, NV
Thanks Meter: 605

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stalli0nUK

S5 Volume Boost -

All sounds boosted by 4, I choose to increase by only 4 as I felt this gave a great boost to the stock level without sound distortion.
Please leave feedback if its too loud or not loud enough.

Took me a while to find the correct file to modify as its changed since the s4. Also this is my first time doing such thing to release to XDA
So Please flash at own risk. I have tested this on my ROOTED G900F and works great. I don't see why it wouldn't work on other S5 models.

It would be a good idea to do a nandroid backup before hand.

Easy flash guide:
and flash with recovery.

Downloading and and will test. I find so far the other mods over on the TMobile S5 XDA site seem to distort. They have three mods...lite...medium...loud and even the lite version seems to add quite a bit of distortion.
NICE!!!!. Just the right amount, IMHO. No more distortion when I max the volume. Plus I have Viper4 FX onboard running nicely. You have to upgrade to the latest 2.3.3.0 to have it work correctly. This is on my G900T.
24th April 2014, 06:01 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Oxford

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Docmjldds

Downloading and and will test. I find so far the other mods over on the TMobile S5 XDA site seem to distort. They have three mods...lite...medium...loud and even the lite version seems to add quite a bit of distortion.
NICE!!!!. Just the right amount, IMHO. No more distortion when I max the volume. Plus I have Viper4 FX onboard running nicely. You have to upgrade to the latest 2.3.3.0 to have it work correctly. This is on my G900T.

Awesome glad it's the right amount, as that's what I was worrying about. But seems great on mine and now yours
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stalli0nUK For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift stalli0nUK Ad-Free
24th April 2014, 09:03 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Thumbs up
Quote:

S5 Volume Boost -

Took me a while to find the correct file to modify as its changed since the s4. Also this is my first time doing such thing to release to XDA
So Please flash at own risk. I have tested this on my ROOTED G900F and works great. I don't see why it wouldn't work on other S5 models.

Easy flash guide:
and flash with recovery.

Thanks alot for this I have been waiting for this since the S5 came out You are a legand
24th April 2014, 10:15 PM |#5  
Flag Lisboa
Thanks Meter: 98

More
Hi All. Id like to flash this mod. Is it for ODEX or DEODEXED rom? Thanks in advance.
24th April 2014, 10:27 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Oxford

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiobicho

Hi All. Id like to flash this mod. Is it for ODEX or DEODEXED rom? Thanks in advance.

It is both S5 only remember, as your sig says s4.

@iNeoTom you're welcome!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to stalli0nUK For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift stalli0nUK Ad-Free
25th April 2014, 12:47 AM |#7  
Flag Lisboa

More
Quote:

It is both S5 only remember, as your sig says s4.

@iNeoTom you're welcome!

Thanks, dude. I will try it.
26th April 2014, 04:50 PM |#8  
Flag Winnipeg
Thanks Meter: 111

More
hey there stalli0nUK nice work , nice work indeed !

you looking for feedback so I come to help , running this on my rogers G900W

file flashed and works without a hitch.

my feeback as requested from OP It could use more boost.
I used to run this sound booster on my s4
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2293133

the file I used and ran that was perfect is

VOLUME BOOSTING SOUND [MODERATE]
DOWNLOAD LINK - http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23252070760972943
tourchwiz

the levels is this were great .

maybe a thought you could have a couple different versions for users to try out as they have in that thread as well .

again great job on the boost and it will be my daily driver for now , hoping you can release another with a bit more boost to it for speaker volume
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ex-28 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ex-28 Ad-Free
26th April 2014, 05:05 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 119

More
Quote:

S5 Volume Boost -

Easy flash guide:
and flash with recovery.

when you say increase by 4 you is that you increase the values 4 up in mixer_paths.xml like example if the speaker digital volume was 84 you increased to 88?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
26th April 2014, 05:26 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Oxford

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlEjAnDrO812

when you say increase by 4 you is that you increase the values 4 up in mixer_paths.xml like example if the speaker digital volume was 84 you increased to 88?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Yes mate exactly
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stalli0nUK For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift stalli0nUK Ad-Free
26th April 2014, 06:35 PM |#11  
Flag Lisboa

More
Hi, Friend. I flashed it on Omega 1.8 and works nice. Can you make more boost? Thanks in advance.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
boost, volume

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)