This is a guide to ROOT, backup and flash your MTK65xx or Other device (Supported devices: http://forum.xda-developers.com/apps...vices-t2722980 all credits to alephzain) written by s7yler.
More guides & reviews on my Youtubechannel http://www.Youtube.com/s7yler and http://s7yler.blogspot.com
(Tools used are Framaroot, MTKDroidtools/CWM and SpflashTool)
I will try to write this guide in step by step, so everyone can understand it. This is for PC and will work with Windows 7.
-> All is done by your own risk! this is just a guide to help people with the tools and process. <-
How to ROOT the phone first
1. Get the latest Framaroot apk here http://forum.xda-developers.com/apps...-root-t2130276
2. Download it and install it on the phone, open the Framaroot app on the phone.
3. Let it be on Install SuperSU, and try the last method, if that dont work, then try one of the 2 others.
4. Then it should say success root, and now reboot the phone.
5. After reboot the phone should be ROOTED, download root checker from the Play store and verify that your rooted.
How to make a simple backup (not completly 1:1) of your stock ROM / MTK phone
1. You have you brand new MTK phone.
2. What I do first is to install all possible drivers. So you go to your PC and install these apps/drivers:
Snappea - http://www.snappea.com/windows
Pdanet drivers - http://pdanet.co/a/ (When it ask what device you have in the install process, just say "Other")
Mediatek Preloader USB VCOM Drivers - (Install file) http://www.mediafire.com/download/cy...OM+drivers.rar and here the raw drivers http://www.magicdriver.com/driver4214-ver_1.1123.0.html
For the Preloader VCOM drivers for Windows 8 please read here, and follow this:
3. On your MTK phone you must in "Developer Options" enable "USB debugging mode".
4. Now download MTK Droid Tools here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=922
5. Start MTK Droid Tools, and connect your phone with the USB cable to the PC. (if Windows install some drivers, then let it install them automatically).
6. Now on the first page of MTK Droid Tools, it should display all infos about the phone when you connect it.
7. If the sqare is Green, then you have root shell and ready, if its not green, press the ROOT button to the right in MTK Droid tools.
8. Click the "IMEI/NVRAM" button and then Backup to backup your IMEI/NVRAM, the backup files will be inside of the MTK Droid Tools folder.
Also you can manually write down your IMEI number just in case it should be lost.
9. Now go to the tap "root, backup, recovery" (in MTK Droid Tools).
10. Click the Backup button, and it will create a complete backup of your ROM. (in the end it will ask, if you want to pack it, just answer no)
11. When it is finished then also click "To prepare blocks for FlashTool", that will convert the backup to be compatible with Spflashtool. (choose the files.md5 inside the backup folder)
12. After the backup is done it will be inside "backup" in the MTK Droid Tools folder. And inside it there will also be a new folder called "!Files_to_FlashTool" Inside there the files for Spflashtool is. So when loading your backup with Spflashtool you must load the scatter file from inside there.
13. Now to install CWM (clockworkmod recovery) In MTK Droidtools, choose "To use boot from phone" and click the "Recovery and Boot" button. It will ask you a lot, just say yes every time, and it will end of sending CWM recovery to the phone and reboot into it on the phone. After you see CWM on the phone you know it is done. You can switch the menu with the volume keys, and the power is the select button.
14. Inside CWM you can also do a complete backup of your phone (remember to have enough space, you can do the backup to the internal storage OR to the SDcard - try "backup" if that fails then choose instead "backup to external sd" or vice versa). I recommed doing that because CWM makes another backup than the one made with MTK Droid Tools. So if you should get problems or loose something, you can always run your CWM backup into your phone and it will be as before.
15. After your done the backup, copy the backup also to a safe place on your PC. Just in case!
16. So now your Rooted, have installed CWM recovery, have a IMEI/NVRAM backup and a backup for Spflash Tools plus CWM backup.
To make a 100% FULL 1:1 (more advanced) ReadBack ROM backup using SP FlashTool please check these guides here, and learn how to:
To flash a backup or ROM with Spflashtool:
Disclaimer: Don't flash another preloader and DSP_BL blocks! It is always dangerous! On some models of phones you will have a brick even if you download these blocks read from phone which you own! Always remove from them marks in SPFT! ALWAYS have a working backup of your original ROM before you flash a new unknown ROM. I take no responsibility for any harm done while attempting this!
1. Go download Spflash tool here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1982576
Both version 3 or 5 should be good to use. If your having problems with one of them or they crash, try this newer version here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2650125
2. Disconnect your phone if connected with USB to the PC, and turn OFF the phone completely, also take out the battery if possible (but can also work with the battery inside the phone, for phones with builtin battery).
2. When you now again connect the USB cable to the phone with the PC while the phone is still off, Windows should popup and beginn to install the MTK65XX Preloader Drivers, this only happens if you installed the Mediatek Preloader USB VCOM Drivers correct in Windows. After they successfully installed, disconnect the USB cable again.
2. Start Flash_tool.exe to start the program
3. Now hit the "Scatter-loading" button, and go to the backup or ROM, inside the folder "!Flash files Spflashtool" load the scatter.txt file. (ALWAYS only load a ROM that is 100% made for your phone, flashing a wrong ROM may make your phone non-bootable)
4. When the scatter file is loaded, it will show all the content in the Spflashtool window.
5. If you only need for example to flash the EBR files, you can deselect all the others. But remember that it must be same ROM or backup.
6. Hit the "Download" button in Spflashtool. Then there should be some pink lines with colors showing that it loads the files.
7. When it stopps to flash/load, connect your phone with the USB cable, remember the phone must be OFF (and without the battery inside if possible to remove). If nothing happens then maybe it is necessary to press at the same time with connect of a cable the camera or volume buttons. For example, hold the volume up button down, insert the USB cable, and then insert the battery (still holding the volume up button down) when you hear it connect in Windows and the colored lines begins to move, let go off the volume up button.
8. Now it should connect (maybe Windows install some drivers by now - the MTK65xx Preloader drivers) and it will in the end continue to flash in Spflashtool when the phone is found and connected. (If you get PMT has changed error, you need to change in SP Flash Tool from "Download Only" to "Firmware Upgrade" but you will need a backup that contains ALL files then including the cache and usrdata files, or it will not allow to flash. Also the phone will be formatted first with Firmware Upgrade, and then flashed.)
9. Now wait while it flashes all files, when it is done, a window will popup white a Green circle. Now you can disconnect the cable, close Splflashtool and reboot the phone. The phone should now boot up with the new ROM.
10. A good thing can be to do a full factory reset after your booted or do it in CWM, to clear all caches. But not necessary.
To enter Recovery or Download mode - turn phone completly off then
Download mode = vol up + pwr (hold both down for several seconds)
Recovery = vol down + pwr (hold both down for several seconds)
ROMs can be found on
How to 1-CLICK-ROOT Mediatek 4.2 or 4.4 KitKat Smartphones and change iRoot to normal SuperSU
How to BACKUP / READBACK Mediatek MTK Smartphones with MTK Droid Tools / SP Flash Tool
Here a video how you use SP Flash Tool and flash a ROM (whole process, using Windows 7)
How to repair/change IMEI's with MAUI META on Mediatek Smartphones