[Q] Help! Cannot boot into Custom Recovery

Search This thread

LeoZ100

Apr 21, 2014
Hello, I cannot My AT&T Galaxy S4 into recovery mode. According to Boot Manager I have 2 recoveries already installed(CWM and TWRP) but every time I try reboot into recovery I get "Could not do Normal Boot ODIN MODE". I installed one of the recoveries using Goo manager and because it didn't work I tried with boot manager, What am I missing?:confused:

Austie1337

Oct 13, 2013
Goo Manager doesn't work for the AT&T S4... I did the same thing a while back. You need to use Safestrap for this phone. Look for the right version of it. I'm assuming you are using the stock ROM so find out what software version you are on and download the right version of Safestrap. Good luck.

Btw I forgot to add that you lost your stock recovery so you don't have one anymore. You can take it to a bestbuy and tell them Kies broke your phone and they can reflash it for you, or you can install a custom recovery.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:
Reactions: LeoZ100
G

GuestX0019

Also, you can't have 2 recoveries installed at "same time". Find your build in settings. If mf3/mk2/nb1 you can't flash custom recoveries. Will also be limited to TW roms. You must use SafeStrap. So, probably need to get very familiar with it before going farther.

Good Luck on it--:)

LeoZ100

Apr 21, 2014
Thanks!

2014-04-25%2023.54.10.png

Thanks, I'm on MK2. I get this message in Rom manager, should I proceed to install Safestrap?

2014-04-25%2023.54.56.png

Sorry for the picture size, don't know how to resize.

Last edited:

scott14719

Dec 24, 2011
You need to use ODIN to flash the original firmware back to your phone (MK2 from the looks of it). Then, install safetrap using the instructions available in the Safestrap thread. Make sure you read the entire thread before you do anything. As already mentioned, only safestrap will work with your phone, not Goo Manager and not ROM Manager.

G

GuestX0019

You need to use ODIN to flash the original firmware back to your phone (MK2 from the looks of it). Then, install safetrap using the instructions available in the Safestrap thread. Make sure you read the entire thread before you do anything. As already mentioned, only safestrap will work with your phone, not Goo Manager and not ROM Manager.

DITTO

LeoZ100

Apr 21, 2014
Goo Manager doesn't work for the AT&T S4... I did the same thing a while back. You need to use Safestrap for this phone. Look for the right version of it. I'm assuming you are using the stock ROM so find out what software version you are on and download the right version of Safestrap. Good luck.

Btw I forgot to add that you lost your stock recovery so you don't have one anymore. You can take it to a bestbuy and tell them Kies broke your phone and they can reflash it for you, or you can install a custom recovery.

Is there a way I can flash the stock recovery myself? I'm not in the US. Also, I installed Safestrap without flashing the original firmware and everything seems to be working fine. Should I reflash it anyways? I want to run a custom rom (Hyperdrive RLS15) and I'm new to all of this.Thank you for all your answers!

Last edited:

Austie1337

Oct 13, 2013
Is there a way I can flash the stock recovery myself? I'm not in the US. Also, I installed Safestrap without flashing the original firmware and everything seems to be working fine. Should I reflash it anyways? I want to run a custom rom (Hyperdrive RLS15) and I'm new to all of this.Thank you for all your answers!

Its all up to you if you wanna flash a custom ROM. Personally I don't because I have always had bad luck with modding phones and tablets. that's why I only root, but don't let that discourage you. Make sure that you have the correct ROM for your device before installing it.

G

GuestX0019

Do a backup before flashing anything. :)

Sent from my SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.