This will be the lightest TouchWiz ROM you ever will see! Just 494 MB
See Post #2 for the G900F/I/T/K/L/S/M/W8 XtreStoLite Aroma Add-on Package
See Post #3 for the G900H Exynos XtreStoLite Lollipop version (ROM & Add-on package)
Post #4 for latest Odin Bootloader & Modem packages for each model
INTL. 2.2 Lollipop G900F/I/T/K/L/S/M/W8 version ROM Details:
- Based on the latest Samsung Stock G900F XXU1BOD3 Lollipop firmware (Base build date: 9-APRIL-2015)
- Options between the following 7 kernels:
- Latest Stock Kernel for each model (Make sure that you're on an recent Lollipop bootloader)
- Latest KToonsez kernel (plus option to flash it with the G900I NFC fix)
- All the standard features of Stock Android will work, so it's like an AOSP ROM with the TouchWiz launcher & SystemUI
- Deodexed & Mods!
The Mods that are included at default with this ROM:
★ 5-Way Reboot Menu
★ Removed High volume warning message
★ Removed Increasing Ringtone
★ All 3 animation speeds at 0.5 at default
★ Enabled Torch Light quick toggle
★ Enabled App Ops Permission manager in Settings
★ 12 apps Toolbox (increased from 5 to 12)
- Unique separate Aroma Add-on Package which includes all the removed Samsung 'bloatware' apps, so that you can flash at any time your missing app back... SEE POST #2
- ROM still includes the original Samsung Gallery, Camera, Dialer, Messages, Music, Alarm & Calculator apps
- Latest Google Keyboard (You can install the Samsung keyboard with the Aroma add-on package from post #2)
- Latest SuperSu & BusyBox binary's integrated
- KNOX fully removed
- 100% Clean and correct installation script (by @_alexndr & me)
- Native Call Recording
- Optional working Private Mode (with the Aroma add-on package)
- At every boot the FsTrim command will be excecuted, to keep your Phone smooth and the internal memory fast!
- SD-card write permissions
- (Optional) CSC tweaks, like:
★ Add secondary symbols to the Samsung Keyboard
★ Native Call recording
★ Camera shutter sound button in the Samsung Camera app
★ Enable All Quick Toggles in the notification panel (will show up after 2nd reboot after an clean install)
★ Enable camera during call
★ TouchWiz Launcher is sorted Alphabetically at default
★ Disabled Auto-correction for the Samsung Keyboard at default
★ Filming with the Samsung camera app no longer pauses Music (if you're playing music)
★ Messaging time stamps to it's original time
★ Enable Call Button in call log list
★ Call/Message blocking Settings entry
★ Message 999 recipient limit
★ Exit button in the Samsung internet Browser
- A few optional build.prop tweaks, like: Fewer WiFi scans, Faster Boot animation speeds, Disabled call ring and Proximity delay.
- You can choose different mods when installing the ROM, like:
- Remove S-Finder & QuickConnect buttons in the Notification drawer
- 3Minit Battery Mod (choose between 1070+ battery icons)
- Multi-User support
- Modded Samsung Camera (which even works when on low battery!)
- Modded Messages app with the following mods:
★ Fixed the Messages block list FC
★ Enabled Save/restore messages function
★ Disabled automatic SMS-to-MMS conversion
★ Increased the SMS limit per hour to 1000
★ Disabled SMS, MMS and Email in Call logs
★ Increased the MMS max. file size to 2048000 bytes + Increased max. MMS image size to 4096x2048 [8.4MP]
★ Enabled Screen on/off notification toggle in the settings (of the Messages app)
★ Disable SMS-to-MMS conversion when message contains an Emoji
This ROM supports the following models: G900F, G900I, G900T, G900M, G900W8, G900K, G900L, G900S
Separate XtreStoLite G900H Lollipop & G900T KitKat versions available
- See Post #2 for the Aroma Add-on Package, so that you can choose which Samsung Apps / functions you want back.
You can use this Aroma add-on package at any time after flashing this rom (So you can first use the rom barebone and look for yourself which app/feature you want to have back)
- Settings -> Wallpaper FC's!? That's normal... because you have to flash the Samsung Wallpaper picker add-on with the XtreStoLite Aroma Add-on Package for this (see post #2)
- The first boot will take a very long time to boot up (because this ROM is deodexed), The bootscreen shows up longer than usual (around the 5 minutes), so make sure that you wait long enough to let it boot up on first boot!
- The aim of this ROM is to keep it as close to the stock firmware as possible. Because this way the ROM is the most stable you can get, and also you don't have any mods that can have influence on the performance and/or battery life of the ROM.
- If you're experiencing ANY issue, then first make sure that you're on the latest bootloader/firmware (see post #4 for latest one for your model), and that you've done an clean install (data/factory reset before installing the ROM).
- All the Google Play Store apps are NOT included in the ROM (or Aroma add-on package), you can download those by yourself in the Play Store.
- If you did choose the KToonsez kernel option in the installer of the ROM, then make sure you accept the SuperSu root permission promt after first boot-up.
- If you choose to use the KToonsez kernel, then an custom kernel profile (by @LuigiBull23) will be automatically set as default kernel settings... This profile has an slightly OC (2,5 GHz) on the CPU at default.
The kernel settings can you tweak by yourself with the KTweaker app.
- If you experience reboots with the Ktoonsez kernel, then try to disable the OC on the CPU with the Ktweaker app (decrease max. CPU frequency to 2,45 Ghz) or increase the CPU voltages with 25 or 30 mV
- If you're experiencing any other issue/bug while using the KToonsez (or any other custom) kernel, then always first flash back the Stock Samsung kernel, and look if you still experience the issue/bug, before you post an reply here about your issue/bug.
- The 'OK Google' voice command for the Google Search app works only if you have set your system language to one of the supported languages for this voice command.
- @Ktoonsez (for the amazing Ktoonsez kernel)
- @LuigiBull23 (for the great Ktoonsez profiles)
- @_alexndr (for parts of the installation script, the native init.d support & Multi-CSC feature)
- @steha (for helping me with the Mods in v.1.3.5+)
- @Txr33 (for the G900I NFC Fix) (Updated them by myself to the newest G900I base)
- @gharrington (for the 3Minit Battery Mod)
- @tamirda (for the Screen Mirroring build.prop fix)
- @AL_IRAQI (for the SystemUI Overlay themes)
- All the beta testers of course!!
V.2.2: - Updated whole ROM to firmware base XXU1BOD3 (build date April 9th) - Done the deodexing process + all the mods using the latest oat2dex jar & apktool 2.0 Final versions - Added TouchWiz Launcher Theme support - Added Galaxy S6 System UI/Notification/Ringtone sounds (optional) - Fixed/Changed Flashlight Quick toggle icon (to the default Galaxy S6 one) - Updated G900I Stock kernel to firmware base BOD3 - Updated G900M Stock kernel to BOD1 - Updated G900L/S/K Stock kernel (and WiFi fix) to firmware base BOD3 - Updated Google Play Store to v.5.4.12 - Removed the tweak to remove the boot sound... (this caused continous logcat spam when the bootsound got removed) - Removed KNOX /system/bin files - Fixed G900I NFC fix (SideSync should work now, & it's an much cleaner NFC fix) (thanks to @txr33) - Updated Ktoonsez kernel to 6-APR-2015 (Much much smoother/faster now! And made the default kernel profile Ktoonsified v4) - Updated SuperSu to 2.49 (beta) - Updated Google Play Services to v.7.3.29 - Updated Webview to v.42.0.2311.137 - Updated Google Messenger app to v.1.3.030 (1885066-38) V.2.1: - Updated the whole ROM to firmware base XXU1BOC7 (build date: March 16th) - Updated G900F Stock kernel to XXU1BOC7 - Enabled App Ops Permission manager in Settings - Added Multi-user support build.prop tweak - Updated Google Play Services to v.7.0.97 - Updated G900W8 Stock kernel to VLU1BOC1 - Updated G900M Stock kernel to UBU1BOC1 - Added ZTO (Brazil), ROM (Romania) & CYO (Cyprus) CSC's - Updated BTU, CPW, DBT, ITV, XEF & XEO CSC's to the latest versions from the BOC7 firmware - Added AT&T carrier apn settings (for those who are using an G900T model with AT&T) V.2.0.1a: - Added extra CSC's: SER, BMC, TLS, RWC, VTR, TUR, ATO & THL. V.2.0.1: - Added 'Remove Safe-volume warning' mod (at default in the ROM) - Added 'Remove increasing ringtone' mod (optional) - Updated Stock G900M kernel to G900M BOB3 firmware - Updated Ktoonsez Kernel to 10-3-2015 (BOB1 sources+ramdisk) - Updated Google Play Services to v.7.0.93 - Updated Google Play Store to v.5.3.6 - Updated Android WebView to v.40 (1779353-arm) - Updated Android Messenger app to v.1.2.036 V.2.0: - Android 5.0 (LRX21T) Lollipop - Firmware base: XXU1BOB7 (build date February 13rd) (Silent mode is back! + LP app pinning) - Final: Added latest G900I/K/L/S/W8/T/M Stock kernels as an option - Final: Updated System Android Webview to v.40.1728298-arm - Final: Updated Google Play Services to v.7.0.87 - Final: Updated SuperSu to v.2.46 - Final: Updated Google Play Store to v.5.3.5 - Final: Updated Ktoonsez Lollipop TW custom kernel to v.26-02-2015 - Final: Updated G900K/L/S kernel and wifi fix to the latest G900K Lollipop BOB1 firmware - Final: Changed default Ktoonsez kernel profile to an modified version of Smoothmaniac v2 - Final: Updated BusyBox to 1.23.1 - Final: Updated Google Messenger to v.1.0.131 - Final: Added extra quick toggles option, including an flashlight toggle (they will show up after 2nd reboot after an clean install) - Final: Removed Knox version information from Settings app - Final: Enabled 'Unkown sources' at default (Settings -> Security) - Final: Enabled 'Show all content while locked' at default (Settings -> Sounds & Notifications) to show full notification info on lockscreen - Final: The 3 animation scales are set to 0.5 at default now - Final: Added Google Backup/Restore & Feedback at default to the ROM - Final: Added NEE CSC - Final: Many more changes & fixes (by me & Samsung) - 12 Toolbox mod (at default in the ROM) - optional 5-way reboot menu! - Updated Google Keyboard to v.4.0.21203.1613964 - Deodexed using the latest oat2dex.jar by @_riddle - Disabled 'Software update' option in Settings -> About device - Disabled KNOX in build.prop
Root & Install custom recovery: (Only needed if you haven't done this yet)
- Flash CF-Root for your model with Odin
- Make sure you have an custom recovery installed (I advise you to use the custom TWRP version by @ktoonsez) (This trips your KNOX warranty counter!)
Install the ROM
- Make sure you're on an recent Lollipop Bootloader/Firmware
- Copy the ROM (& Aroma add-on package) zip files to your internal or external memory of your Phone
- Do a Data/Factory reset first in your recovery
- Start the installation
- Enjoy the Rom! :D
- Optionally: Flash the Aroma add-on Package, to restore some of the removed Samsung Apps/Functions that you want (You can do this anytime!)
I would NOT recommend to restore system apps or app data of your apps with Titanium backup, only the apps themselves.
Restoring App data or System apps can cause many problems. (This applies to any ROM!)
For the G900S and G900L models use this recovery: Download (flash with Odin)
See Post #2 For the Aroma Add-on Package, which includes all the removed Samsung apps and functions from the ROM, so that you can choose which feature/app you want back!
ROM XXU1BOD3 V.2.2 Lollipop: (494,9MB)
Mod edit: Link removed.
(check the MD5 of your download before flashing)
Previous versions of this ROM
(including KitKat versions & older versions of the Aroma add-on package)
See Post #3 for the G900H Exynos XtreStoLite Lollipop version
And a separate G900T XtreStoLite KitKat version HERE
See Post #4 for the latest Flashable Odin Modems/Bootloaders for all the supported models
ONLY use Aroma add-on package v.2.2 or newer with this version of the ROM!
(use the Donate button in my signature)
XtreStoLite, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S 5
ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: TouchWiz
Current Stable Version: 2.2
Stable Release Date: 2015-05-01
Last Updated 2015-05-01