WARNING: These files are for Developer Edition devices ONLY. Kernels cannot be flashed on the retail VZW Note 3 devices!
THIS PROCESS ALSO SETS KNOX 0x1
Own a DevEd? Flashed the firmware/modem bits to the new TW4.4 in hopes of seeing some of the improvements or running a stock-modded ROM?
FIRST: Big shout out to @Imoseyon who has a VERY nice kernel for unlocked devices here:
Go over there and tell him thanks, because I had spent a day or so trying to fix up a boot.img but wasn't having much luck due to a crash in TIMA memory. But, then I read that someone had gotten the leak booted w/ Imoseyon's kernel and was able to rip it apart and pull just the absolute minimum changes to get a VERY close to stock kernel / ramdisk setup for the 4.4 leak.
WHAT IS THIS?
Several issues were noticed immediately on DevEd devices due to the fact that we can't flash certain portions of the updated ODIN files (aboot, sbls, etc):
- Play Movies won't stream
- External SD card won't mount
- Lockscreen settings don't work
- Imoseyon's kernel was the only boot.img which would run 4.4 leak due to aboot/devicetree changes and TIMA crashes
The files below fix these issues and provide a VERY close to stock boot.img for use on DevEd devices.
FIX FILES: 2 flashable .zip files (for use in recovery):
1st flash file: flash-vzw-de-4.4-kernel-v1.0.zip
This is a rebuilt boot.img containing:
- New NC2 stock-based kernel with CONFIG_TIMA disabled
- Rebuilt dt.img using 1st gen dtbTool for use with our 4.3 aboot
- Ramdisk has default.prop changes for disabling TIMA, KNOX and securestorage (Credit: @Imoseyon / leanKernel 2.4 ramdisk)
Kernel source: https://github.com/Hashcode/android_...hlteatt-kk-nc2
2nd flash.zip file: flash-tw44-sys-files-fixes-v1.0.zip
A set of system file changes which fix the issues noted above (this file should be flashed after EVERY TW-based ROM is flashed)
Mirror 1 (Goo.im)
Mirror 2 (Crackflashers)
- Download the above files and place them on your device's storage
- Reboot into recovery
- Flash flash-vzw-de-4.4-kernel-v1.0.zip if you need to fix kernel (coming from AOSP)
- Flash flash-tw44-sys-files-fixes-v1.0.zip after ANY flash of TW-based 4.4 ROMs to fix system files
- Reboot, no need to wipe cache, etc
[DEVED/TW-ROM FIX] Developer Edition TW-4.4 ROM Fix Files, a Tool/Utility for the Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Stable Release Date: 2014-04-27
Last Updated 2014-04-27