FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE] HOW TO ENABLE “APP OPS” and “DOWNLOAD BOOSTER” on TW KK 4.4.2

103 posts
Thanks Meter: 194

By F4bioo, Senior Member on 28th April 2014, 03:07 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi guys, this is a very easy guide on how to enable the hidden setting option called “App Ops”, which is included since Jelly Bean. It’s also possible to enable the S5 “download booster” mode.

NOTE:
To enable "download booster" and make it work, I want to make perfectly clear that this is only
an option that I found out on how to let it in settings. If it doesn't work on our device (it seems to me it doesn't),
use only the "APP OPS" option, which works very well.
If any member can make clear about how download booster works, it'd be great to create a PORT (new thread) in order
to enjoy an excellent tool like this one.

How to make

1 - Take SecSettings.apk located in \system\priv-app and decompile it (before decompiling it you must install the dependencies framework-res.apk and twframework-res.apk)

2 - Go into res\xml\management_headers.xml

3 - Search for:
PHP Code:
<header android:icon="@drawable/ic_setting_launch_apps" android:id="@id/launch_application_settings" android:title="@string/launch_application_settings" android:fragment="com.android.settings.LaunchApplication" /> 
4 - And add those lines right below the lines mentioned above.:

ENABLE APP OPS
PHP Code:
<header android:icon="@drawable/ic_settings_applicationpermissions" android:title="@string/app_ops_settings" android:fragment="com.android.settings.applications.AppOpsSummary" /> 
ENABLE DOWNLOAD BOOSTER
PHP Code:
<header android:icon="@drawable/ic_settings_smart_bonding" android:title="@string/smart_bonding" android:fragment="com.android.settings.smartbonding.SmartBondingSettings" /> 
5 - If you desire to change the icons, you’ll have to add your own icons with the same name to the folder: res\drawable-sw360dp-xxhdpi (ic_settings_applicationpermissions.png and ic_settings_smart_bonding.png)

6 – Compile it.

7 - Enjoy it.

(In order to help, I made a zip file to be flashed in custom recovery mode, you only have to add the compiled apk into the folder: \system\priv-app\)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this is useful to you, don’t forget mentioning it, I will be grateful for that. =)
Check also a tool of mine published here on XDA: 9Compiler for thematizers.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attached: FlashAppOps.zip and icons used on this guide.
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: zip FlashAppOps.zip - [Click for QR Code] (244.9 KB, 3474 views)
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to F4bioo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift F4bioo Ad-Free
28th April 2014, 04:09 AM |#2  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 782

More
what is App ops ?
28th April 2014, 04:17 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Uberaba, MG

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Netuser

what is App ops ?

Permission Manager.
It lets you selectively disable some permissions for your apps!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to F4bioo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift F4bioo Ad-Free
28th April 2014, 04:45 AM |#4  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 782

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by F4bioo

Permission Manager.
It lets you selectively disable some permissions for your apps!

Oh ok, like xprivacy but something built by smasung. Nice did not know that. But how do you know if it worked lol
The Following User Says Thank You to Netuser For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Netuser Ad-Free
28th April 2014, 05:50 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Uberaba, MG

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Netuser

Oh ok, like xprivacy but something built by smasung. Nice did not know that. But how do you know if it worked lol

This has been implemented since the JB and is a native of Android, Samsung is not part of this process.
28th April 2014, 06:12 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 235

More
Please make for i9500. Thank you
28th April 2014, 06:56 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 3,104

More
Flashable Zip
here is a flashable zip for the MODs above but it need testing, i know it works on my ROM but not sure about others.
Attached Files
File Type: zip I9505 Apps OPS & Download Booster.zip - [Click for QR Code] (574.6 KB, 672 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Chaos ^_^ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Chaos ^_^ Ad-Free
28th April 2014, 07:21 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 1,459

More
thnx for this great tutorial, can you add more screenshots inside each setting?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ra2fet For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ra2fet Ad-Free
28th April 2014, 07:34 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
9500 odex
Please make it for 9500 odex 4.4.2 or guide me how to use in it ? will be very thankful
28th April 2014, 08:16 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 139

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos ^_^

here is a flashable zip for the MODs above but it need testing, i know it works on my ROM but not sure about others.

It's not installing give installation aborted error 6 please fix it

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
28th April 2014, 08:22 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 77

More
Error on install on the flashable zip ...odex i9505 Kit Kat

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
download booster, enable app ops tw

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)