FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[kernel][sense]iHate Sense

1,452 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,579
 
By iHateWebOS, Senior Member on 28th April 2014, 02:57 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
30th April 2014, 02:02 AM |#31  
iHateWebOS's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag atglen,pa
Thanks Meter: 1,579
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroguysf

429 is quite a bit better on touch sensitivity. Not completely up to par from what it used to be, but actually quite usable now. Did you add jaime's changes? I'm not great at reading git, but I don't think I see the commits he posted.

No I did not, just cleaned up the touch screen driver

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
 
 
30th April 2014, 02:49 AM |#32  
Uzephi's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 1,714
 
More
I tried flashing 4/29 on the eng hboot and older radio and touch screen wasn't responsive. Flashed the 4.4 hboot and firmware/radio and all is well now. Fast binned. On ViperDNA 3.5.0

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app
30th April 2014, 03:07 AM |#33  
sun_dream's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag WenZhou
Thanks Meter: 4,140
 
Donate to Me
More
Surprisingly large call volume
30th April 2014, 03:55 AM |#34  
jschill31's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Midwest
Thanks Meter: 185
 
More
Hello,

I am trying to get caught up over the past days and see things got crazy and Z is gone. Don't know the history but always a bummer to see things go south. I see you are rocking and using new kernel source...is gamma an option? Sorry if it has been addressed I am taking bits from 3 threads.

Cheers
30th April 2014, 04:19 AM |#35  
xlxcrossing's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Soquel, CA
Thanks Meter: 413
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jschill31

Hello,

I am trying to get caught up over the past days and see things got crazy and Z is gone. Don't know the history but always a bummer to see things go south. I see you are rocking and using new kernel source...is gamma an option? Sorry if it has been addressed I am taking bits from 3 threads.

Cheers

From everything I've gathered gamma always reverts in any kit Kat build. I've tested almost every Rom. If it's adjusted from within an app the app setting doesn't seem to stick on next boot. If it's baked into a kernel like color enhancement removal it only sticks through first screen on, next screen off it reverts. If anyone can tell me it's definitely working I dare ask for screenies.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xlxcrossing For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xlxcrossing Ad-Free
30th April 2014, 04:28 AM |#36  
eriknors's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 328
 
More
Ok how do I check my bin speed? I remember a way to do it through terminal command but I can't remember what to type in

sent from my DNA
30th April 2014, 04:31 AM |#37  
iHateWebOS's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag atglen,pa
Thanks Meter: 1,579
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun_dream

Surprisingly large call volume

Good or bad ?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
30th April 2014, 04:32 AM |#38  
iHateWebOS's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag atglen,pa
Thanks Meter: 1,579
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eriknors

Ok how do I check my bin speed? I remember a way to do it through terminal command but I can't remember what to type in

sent from my DNA





Quote:
Originally Posted by iHateWebOS

To check binning use syslog app to look at your kmesg log somewhere in there will be the line PVS: followed by a number. The number is your bin. 4=faster 3=fast 2=nominal 1=slow. For example mine looked like this: PVS: 3
Which means I have a fast binned CPU

Edit: got an update building now which should pick max/min frequency based on your CPU binning

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk



Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
30th April 2014, 04:44 AM |#39  
Uzephi's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 1,714
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eriknors

Ok how do I check my bin speed? I remember a way to do it through terminal command but I can't remember what to type in

sent from my DNA

su
grep | dmesg PVS

Be sure to do that pretty soon after a reboot. The line that shows cpu prefs is part of the boot log. At least that is where I found my PVS...

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app
30th April 2014, 10:47 AM |#40  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 804
 
Donate to Me
More
@iHateWebOS flar2 just added experimental gesture support to his m7 kernel and Mikanoshi has created an Xposed module to support those gestures. See here for the Xposed module and here for the commit.

I tried to merge it and test it, but I'm tired and got impatient. His S2W/DT2W/PD stuff is way different then ours. It might be best to put it into it's own .c file since that's what we have going on for S2W/DT2W/PD already.
The Following User Says Thank You to jamiethemorris For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jamiethemorris Ad-Free
30th April 2014, 10:56 PM |#41  
iHateWebOS's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag atglen,pa
Thanks Meter: 1,579
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiethemorris

@iHateWebOS flar2 just added experimental gesture support to his m7 kernel and Mikanoshi has created an Xposed module to support those gestures. See here for the Xposed module and here for the commit.

I tried to merge it and test it, but I'm tired and got impatient. His S2W/DT2W/PD stuff is way different then ours. It might be best to put it into it's own .c file since that's what we have going on for S2W/DT2W/PD already.

Yeahhhhhh ummmm, bout that...all those logo2wake and logo2menu commits make this one hard to just merge. Even if you switch to the inline sweep2wake method flar2 uses, you'd still have to remove all those functions including the vibrator commits. Tried to set it up with the S2W template I use, and failed. Santods already announced he's bringing this over to his kernel. Out of curiosity I'm going to wait and see.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes