FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Tutorial] Kernel building instructions for Xperia Z2

13,194 posts
Thanks Meter: 39,785

Post Reply Email Thread
hello folks!

i have been working on kernels for various xperia devices (around 22 devices or so ) since the Xperia X10...

FIRSTLY the kernel building instructions given by Sony in the README_Xperia are WRONG!!!

huge thanks to @Kali- to fix the dtbTools issue (Z2 needs v2 dtb)!

specific instructions on how to build kernel for Xperia Z2 can be found here:
Instructions for MSM8974AB

I have a very detailed thread with information on how to build kernels for various xperia devices:
[Tutorial] Kernel building instructions for Xperia devices

Please use this thread to post your feedback and incase you need any help with building kernels for this device!

regards,

DooMLoRD
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to DooMLoRD For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DooMLoRD Ad-Free
21st May 2014, 10:12 PM |#2  
Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Themer
Flag Raipur
Thanks Meter: 5,379

Donate to Me
More
Same makefile fixes are for msm8x28?(Xperia T2 Ultra)

Cheers,
AJ
21st May 2014, 10:30 PM |#3  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Pune

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhinav2

Same makefile fixes are for msm8x28?(Xperia T2 Ultra)

Cheers,
AJ

havent tested but should work
The Following User Says Thank You to DooMLoRD For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DooMLoRD Ad-Free
21st May 2014, 10:36 PM |#4  
Flag Raipur

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DooMLoRD

havent tested but should work

OK thanks sir I'll try and report. Currently trying to somehow root on locked bootloader but couldn't find any vulnerabilities which I can exploit. Will do some more tests to see if I can get something.

Cheers,
AJ
21st May 2014, 10:46 PM |#5  
Flag Pune

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

OK thanks sir I'll try and report. Currently trying to somehow root on locked bootloader but couldn't find any vulnerabilities which I can exploit. Will do some more tests to see if I can get something.

Cheers,
AJ

no vulnerabilities currently work... I have been testing on T, SP, Z, Z1, Z2... nothing so far...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DooMLoRD For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DooMLoRD Ad-Free
22nd May 2014, 08:07 AM |#6  
Flag Raipur

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DooMLoRD

no vulnerabilities currently work... I have been testing on T, SP, Z, Z1, Z2... nothing so far...

We can still execute scripts from /data/local/tmp. So as I understand, we need to properly mount system partition as 'rw' with that script?

EDIT: But I guess even for mounting it as rw we need su, so it pretty much comes back to it.

EDIT2: @DooMLoRD, can we put a script in /data/local/tmp, chmod it 0755, and then use it to grep default.prop and change, ro.secure=1 to ro.secure=0? And then with insecure ramdisk(obviously without rebooting or else, it'll load the default value, i.e. , 1), can we try to root it? (But I guess it is read-only also, so is there a way we can change the owner and group to allow changing it as rw?)

Cheers,
AJ
22nd May 2014, 06:21 PM |#7  
Flag Pune

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

We can still execute scripts from /data/local/tmp. So as I understand, we need to properly mount system partition as 'rw' with that script?

EDIT: But I guess even for mounting it as rw we need su, so it pretty much comes back to it.

EDIT2: @DooMLoRD, can we put a script in /data/local/tmp, chmod it 0755, and then use it to grep default.prop and change, ro.secure=1 to ro.secure=0? And then with insecure ramdisk(obviously without rebooting or else, it'll load the default value, i.e. , 1), can we try to root it? (But I guess it is read-only also, so is there a way we can change the owner and group to allow changing it as rw?)

Cheers,
AJ

It's not that easy...

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DooMLoRD For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DooMLoRD Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)