Welcome to the All New RC Elite Teams S5 Port.
We have worked a new base, now completely NE6 based with NG3 based apps. Search search search, that's the first rule of posting here, if your issue has been posted, don't bother posting the same issue again. If you post any issues previously stated (which means you did not do a search or read the whole thread) it will be ignored. If you have a issue PLEASE post a logcat so we can help, instructions to follow. As with any ROM we are not responsible for any permanent damage to your phone or life, we do this as a hobby and have real life jobs(some of us are students ).
RC Elite Team:
Download: ADB Tools (credit to Snoop05)
1. Run it (Require administrator privileges)
2. Press Y/Yes to install ADB and Fastboot or N/No to skip
3. Press Y/Yes to install ADB system-wide or N/No for current user only
4. Press Y/Yes to install Drivers or N/No to skip
5. Continue Driver installation
6. 15 seconds passed - finished!
Download: LogCatTools4.0 (credit to FuzzyMeep Two)
Just unzip and run as ADMINSTRATOR, follow on screen instructions, all logs will be placed in c:/logcat
S5 themed Android L Keyboard by @kevin_1351: (soon to be fully working)
So, what's all this about?:
After more than 3 weeks of hard work we're finally ready to present you the brand new v17 version. Now with an amazing Aroma installer that, based on your device model, installs the right fixes to make it fully working with your particular Note 3. You can also, if you're using the international Note 3, select from many of the leading kernels out there and much much more. We've also managed to get it even a little bit ram friendlier and have removed many UI errors and annoyances.
But no, we aren't finished yet my friends. We have also included a fully integrated OTA update system that will notify you in case there are some updates (to be found in Settings). Also in Settings there is now - assuming you've installed Xposed Framework- an Xposed button integrated into settings. And right now you're about to ask: "Well, what about Appops?". Well that's there too!
We've tested it for a long time now but if you manage to find some bugs don't even bother to post them here before you have:
A.Used the provided logcat app to gather the log.
B. Searched if someone else already has mentioned it.
ALSO:Please state if you have performed a full-wipe aswell every time you report a problem. And for ota flashing issues use TWRP.
What variants does this rom work on?
N9005, N900T and N900W8
What's missing/Not working?
- Bluetooth tethering (?)
- Video calling (probably will get fixed, can't promise it)
- Display mirroring (update: Well it seems that out provided fix didn't fix it... We'll work on it)
- Direct pen input/Writingbuddy (needs major smali editing, would be easier once a new note device comes out)
- Wifi-timer(coming soon with ota)
- Multilanguage (will also be available as a separate post-installer really soon)
- Fully functional S5 themed google keyboard (coming soon)
- Download booster/Wificalling toggle (coming soon)
- Private mode (won't work because it's deodexed)
- ART (same)
Regarding gps problems when returning to normal rom:
This is a problem due to apktool. After being recompiled it ceases to function at 100%. @kevin_1351 is trying to fix it once and for all. For now you will have to either use the stock one. Or try to tap on a textfield somewhere until the forceclose messages don't come up anymore. Once they aren't showing up anymore, they will NEVER come back and the keyboard will be fully working. This WILL be fixed via an OTA update.
Before we provide our existing fix for wifi. Please update the bootloader to the newest NF4 one. (Of course I'm talking about the one for note 3, NOT the S5)
About Xposed Framework:
Please DO NOT recover Xposed from a backup OR install it in any other way! It's already included in Aroma. IF you install it you will end up with two apks! This is because the provided Xposed apk is modded to not show it's icon. The icon as stated above, is now integrated in Settings.
Regarding the time sync delay:
This isn't our fault. To fix it, go to Settings>Lockscreen and set Dual-clock to OFF. That will "fix" it. For any further complaints about this. Go to Samsung.com
Regarding "wifi is not working" issues:
Update your bootloader to NF4 via ODIN. Google it if you don't know how to perform this task.
Regarding the themes app forceclosing:
If you HAVE NOT selected any themes at all in aroma. It will forceclose. In the new aroma I will make sure that "themes" doesn't even get installed if don't select any.
Regarding random reboots:
This isn't really our fault either. It's a kernel issue. Flash the stock kernel. Most people like @kevin_1351 doesn't have this issue at all with any kernel whatsoever. But some may have them. Now you know.
Yes, this ROM provides you with OTA updates, you'll find it in Settings. We initially had problems with this because we were using DropBox. Now @cdmvirt has provided dedicated servers to fix it once and for all. He has payed for this out of his own pocket's (for the most part) so please show him some appreciation.
For all issues regarding flashing OTA updates, be sure that you're using the TWRP recovery (v184.108.40.206 or newer). We will not provide support for the other recoveries (although in the most cases you can manually flash it by navigating to OTA folder).
For N900T and N900W8 owners, TWRP has not update their recovery to 220.127.116.11 yet so we are stuck with 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124 respectively, please flash OTA manual until they upgrade for our devices. It's not our fault and no way around it.
For issues regarding the OTA download: please delete the OTA folder first and try again.
Sadly XDA doesn't provide us with any chat system, which we really would love to see in the future btw. Therefore @cdmvirt has integrated a chat system in order for you to get live support from either us or other users. Follow the download link to get there.
Possible future additions:
- Optional battery themes
- Aroma installer that remembers your last choices
- More air-command themes
- Android L apps (LPV81C) the newest released versions of the Google apps.
So with that being said, here we proudly present:
Mod edit: link removed.
Questions and concerns: All Q&A can be posted HERE. If you want your questions answered post on the Q&A. Also DO NOT post your questions and concerns on this thread PLEASE USE THE Q&A THREAD.
Please take an extra note: Although this IS STATED in the aroma installer. Some users simply do not want to follow it. You have so perform a fullwipe (included in aroma) to make this ROM fully work. Please do not, as some users already have, waste our time with errors that could have been avoided by following our instructions. A fullwipe is only needed once, and won't be needed with the coming OTA updates.
RC-ELITE TEAM S5 ROM - V17.0
- A brand new way of installing, giving you many options to choose from.
- Universal for all snapdragon phones. Includes custom fixes for each model.
- OTA-UPDATES. Yeah that's right, you'll get updates on the fly now.
- All apps - besides settings - are updated to the newest NG3 UPDATE.
- 5-digit code fix,
- Removed that annoying TOAST after boot, the one stating image-with-text
- I also themed the new Android L keyboard to look more inline with the S5's color palette
- Tweaked csc files
- Removed some toggles
- Optional beta mirroring fix
- Apk cleanup, more free ram
- New launcher grid options
- Added Themechooser, App opps and Xposed-Framework to Settings
- Advanced powermenu with screenshot and flashlight
- Optional Viper4android sound engine
- Optional Build.prop tweaks
RC-ELITE TEAM S5 ROM - V17.1
- Changes the position of the Xposed icon under Settings
- Removes the annoying battery cover popup
- Updates the Settings version number to v17.1 (lol)
RC-ELITE TEAM S5 ROM - V17.1.1
- Fixes the signal bar issue - sets them to 4
- Fixes Sms delivery issue in CSC
- Removes the iOS7 signal bar, still selectable in this OTA
- Makes the background for native android selection windows darker
- Fixes the Mail syncing
- Optional Memo app
UPCOMING OTA Update:
- New settings base app with Wifitimer in advanced wifi settings.
- Removal of the S5 specific popup alerts
- Multilang - which will be offered as a separate optional installation.
17.x.x updates will all be small OTA updates!
@ksr007 - for the 5digit smali, thanks mate @klenamenis - for his build.prop editing script @SkywalkerZ - for the big launchers @seshmaru - for Vrtheme @g00h - for his amazing build.prop tweaks and for helping me with AppOps, sorry mate how could I forget...
OMEGA team - for the wipe script (for inspiring me how to do it)
OTA UPDATE CENTER- @M3nti0n - for their app, which is NOT ours.
And many more (will update the credits soon).
None of us are into this for the money. But we've got server costs (for the OTA dedicated server) to pay for and we really have spent countless hours on this. This simply is a fact. It's not a simple task to do what Samsung should have done at our place. It requires weeks of studying, trial and error and lots of coffee. We do this for fun and for the challenge that comes with it. But it goes without saying that we also would like some appreciation for our work. Either by just a thanks or by a small donation. As for everyone saying that they're too poor and/or are students. Well 1$ is nothing and if you own a Note in the first place you should be able to spend 1$ more dollar on this aswell. Some of us are students too, so we know what we're talking about. But hey, this is XDA. You're free to use it without paying a cent, but at least try to show some appreciation for it.
EDIT: As of now more than 600 people using our ROM.
[N900x] RC Elite Teams S5 Port, ROM for the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 3
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
Last Updated 2014-10-16