Someone said Nexus 5 had better build quality? Must be on crack or something. Same manufacturer, one phone sells for $300 less than the other, and somehow LG magically had extra money to put in better quality parts? The parts for the Nexus 5 are about as dirt-cheap as LG could've made them. The screen, most importantly, is abysmal.
I had a Nexus 5 for 2 weeks. Returned it due to crap build quality, low battery life, and no native double-tap to wake. If you think the build quality of the Nexus 5 is fine for you, then only the battery and double-tap are the pluses.
Going to G2 you get:
- much better premium screen
- phone feels better-built, more solid
- double tap to wake & buttons on back
- long battery life
- back of the phone is smooth (slippery)
- Nexus 5 HDR+ camera (takes crisper pics than G2)
- lots of custom roms you can easily flash
- Nexus 5 software runs much faster despite having the same hardware
The ROMs for the G2 aren't that developed. Not many developers and they're not as polished as Nexus's roms. This is because the base LG rom is bloated, (2.3gb os vs 300mb Nexus os) and LG/Samsung make it harder to use recovery or flash roms.
Since I rarely flash roms, it's not a problem.
Don't miss: With G2 you never worry about charging your phone. I can run it for 2+ days w/o charging. Screen is wayyyyyyyy better & a bit bigger. G2 is a phone for the fit and forget. N5 is a phone for the fiddlers.