This post is for Forest-KK(CM11)-Kernels!
What does this kernel add?
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, dead cats,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
* YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh
- Rebase to TW source by @bauner
- disable kernel debugs
- compile using Uber toolchain
- OC CPU to 1600Mhz in V9P version
- Other minor tweaks.
I feel happy with the new kernel versions. They are both silky smooth!
- flash in recovery
- Remember to use No-Frills to set correct cpu frequency, and governor/scheduler!
Change log V8_T
- Reduce aggressiveness of PegasusQ governor for stability.
Change log V7_T
1. Reverse CPU OC. Now us standard CPU 1400hz
2. Implement OC of OLED panel to 59hz and included the gralloc fix modules for those rom where the code has not been merged (credits to @GeeckoDev
Changelog of Forest-KK-Kernel_V6_T:
1. Added trim support: to ensure smooth running and fast backup-restore. (credits to @Lanchon
) More on trim look at this post
2. Merged FPBug fix: to fix the music stop bug by @Lanchon
. For details look at this thread
3. Rework GPU to three steps: 134-200-267 Kernel now run smoother and cooler than V5 while still handle heavy games easily!
4. Re-enable logcat function (which was disable in earlier version)
5. included OC CPU and Philz recovery as in earlier version
The kernel is extremely smooth and running cool! CM11 should be indeed stable now!
Change log for earlier versions:
1. Add Philz Touch 6 recovery version 6.30.8 (CWM v220.127.116.11)
2. Add option for OC CPU to 1.6 GHz (from V3)
3. Add OC GPU with 4 steps: 134-200-267-333 (from V5)
2. Disable all kernel debug and logging
3. Some other tweaks of config file
- It runs smoother, cooler and more battery friendly than stock version.
- With V3b and V5, OC to 1.6GHz the phone is fast and silky smooth!
Heavy game also play smoothly now
- And you have the beautiful Philz Touch recovery which can also be used to flash any other KK roms.
- There are 3 versions for CM11, Omni and Slim you need to use correct version for your rom.
- For those who want even better battery life, follow the simple but effective tips from @NoteboyTech here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...-note-t2820862
- Flash the kernel zip file in recovery
- Give some time for kernel to settle and enjoy! U may want to to one manual trim after flashing for more smoothness!
My favorite settings:
- Governor/Scheduler: Pegasusq/Row
- CPU min 200 Mhz max 1600 Mhz.
V8T announcement and download link is here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=702
V7T announcement and more details change log is he : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=619
- V7_T for CM11: http://www.mediafire.com/download/uq..._CM11-59hz.zip
- V7_T for Omni: http://www.mediafire.com/download/a6...-Omni-59hz.zip
- V7_T for Slim: http://www.mediafire.com/download/x3...-Slim-59hz.zip
- V6_T for CM11: http://www.mediafire.com/download/31..._V6_T_CM11.zip
- V6_T for Omni: http://www.mediafire.com/download/yw..._V6_T-Omni.zip
- V6_T for Slim: http://www.mediafire.com/download/5v..._V6_T-Slim.zip
V5 for CM11-base roms is here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=377
V5 variants for Omni and Slim roms is here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=438
V4: links are here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=276
Credits and thanks:
for their legendary work
for his wonderful recovery
(huge) for his handy guide and tips for me
for Trim and FPBugfix
for FPBugfix version2.
for handy build script and other kernel tweaks
for handy build script
for their great toolchain!
for some codes from his kernel source!
Many other great XDA members which I may have forgotten
Remember to press thank button if this helps you!