[Q] Wireless charging for Galaxy s5

Search This thread

jeffcojake

Jul 17, 2013
cedar hill
Will wireless charging work through my Otterbox defenders series case? I don't feel like taking my case off every night to use the wireless charging. Is there some wireless charging pads that will work better with cases on? Please help

zedomax

Mar 23, 2010
Daly City, CA
HighOnAndroid.com

uberNoobZA

Oct 10, 2008
Oxford
Will wireless charging work through my Otterbox defenders series case? I don't feel like taking my case off every night to use the wireless charging. Is there some wireless charging pads that will work better with cases on? Please help

If the case is not too thick, then it should charge wirelessly. I know that I can charge perfectly through my Spigen Slim Fit case.

I can recommend the following 2 chargers as I use them both

Using at work - Koolpad Qi Wireless Charger Pad

Using at home - LuguLake Qi Wireless Charger Charging Pad With 6000mAh Power Bank

I converted both of the chargers into wireless charging stands by combining them with a Small Acrylic Book Stand. The Koolpad is stuck onto the stand with double sided tape, and the Lugulake is stuck on using Velcro strips, so I can remove it and use it as a portable wireless charger.

Hope this info helps. If so, don;t be shy to hit that thanks button.

Reactions: jeffcojake

Ripolin2

Sep 27, 2012
Hi mates...
mine arrived today..and perfect...

vyryjega.jpg

Enviado desde mi SM-G900F mediante Tapatalk

Reactions: jeffcojake

Ripolin2

Sep 27, 2012
Some more specifics on what charging pad, what charging receiver and what case (if any) you are using would be quite helpful too.

Hi..
Ones pictures...
Use case original and one slimarmor..
8y7e8uja.jpg
y9unata8.jpg

8ege8e2e.jpg

eqy6y3u7.jpg

e9uve5uj.jpg

Sorry my bad english...

Best regards.

Last edited:

Ripolin2

Sep 27, 2012

Ripolin2

Sep 27, 2012

fanto3k4

Mar 20, 2011
Hi...
Yes my phone resistant water..

no interfere...

After taking off the back to my phone I can see there is a ridge that runs vertical on the back of the cover where the cover meets the battery. I have read in other posts that folks have shaved this off to get the cover to lay flat after inserting the charging card. It just does not look like there is enough clearance to not interfere with the gasket!

Reactions: Ripolin2

C0derbear

Nov 6, 2012
I was.avlr.to shave mine to.the point that the gasket is fine with the add in card EXCEPT around the bottom of.the heart rate sensor. Haven't figured that one out yet. Haven't tried much either.

Reactions: marcochapita

Top Liked Posts