Usb Port cover missing, can it be replaced?

Search This thread

ben.cordy

Dec 23, 2009
Hi all, just got my SW2 tonight used! Loving it so far! Unfortunately the previous owner pulled the black part of the port cover off by accident and then lost it. Theres still a clear plastic piece with the bits that actually go into the port. Has this happened to anyone else? I'm worried without the black part moisture may get in? I know the remaining bit does fill the post but with out the black square I'm not sure if it's vulnerable.

What do you guys think? Anyone had this break on them?

I've attached an image of the piece that's left!

kill_dano

Oct 25, 2007
Hi all, just got my SW2 tonight used! Loving it so far! Unfortunately the previous owner pulled the black part of the port cover off by accident and then lost it. Theres still a clear plastic piece with the bits that actually go into the port. Has this happened to anyone else? I'm worried without the black part moisture may get in? I know the remaining bit does fill the post but with out the black square I'm not sure if it's vulnerable.

What do you guys think? Anyone had this break on them?

I've attached an image of the piece that's left!

I think the rubber gasket is still attached. Check for it. if so, then find something made of black plastic and shape it into the right size with a dremel. then glue it on.

princemarcus19

Jan 26, 2011
Bronx,NY
**** just happened to me 2 days ago,lucky i have my pieace, amma super gule it bck its hard to pull it out with the cover even thou platic layer is protecting it.

Sent from my C6833 using XDA Free mobile app

ben.cordy

Dec 23, 2009
I think the rubber gasket is still attached. Check for it. if so, then find something made of black plastic and shape it into the right size with a dremel. then glue it on.

Is the rubber gasket that clear is piece? Guessing the black bit is actually very thin as there isn't much more room!

ben.cordy

Dec 23, 2009
So it's continued to bug me, I'm no trying to solve this myself. I've tried various rubber pieces but everything is a little too deep (the remaining part is quite deep so the outer piece must be very very thin. Currently trial is with a product called sugru which is moldable chewing gum consistancy but solidifies over night. I've packed the port with it and will see if it does the trick! Because the inner piece is still there the new rubber should just bond with that like the original port cover!