Thanks Meter: 48

By NycoFR, Member on 10th May 2014, 03:01 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
13th May 2018, 06:51 PM |#61  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Data roaming option disabled ?
Hi there Nyco,

First of all thanks for make this great stuff available for everyone that's having a B5510. I having the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean (JV3 by Avijut) flashed version for 1 year ago and it works great. However once I traveled out of my country (spain) and I cannot send data through roaming data because the option is disabled. Do you know the reason this options is disabled ? (I cannot post a picture)
14th May 2018, 01:22 PM |#62  
OP Member
Flag Grenoble

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jespa007

Hi there Nyco,

First of all thanks for make this great stuff available for everyone that's having a B5510. I having the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean (JV3 by Avijut) flashed version for 1 year ago and it works great. However once I traveled out of my country (spain) and I cannot send data through roaming data because the option is disabled. Do you know the reason this options is disabled ? (I cannot post a picture)

Hi, this looks like either an APN missconfiguration or a disabled module in the ROM. I al sorry not to actively develop this ROM anymore ; so the only advice I can give is to try to reconfigure your APN (should be in network -> other options) or to flash my own ROM which is entirely based on the official firmware (ROM stock Samsung XXLH3 (CSC OXALH4, Modem XXLH2) (Gingerbread)) that should work in Spain.

Good luck,
Nyco
14th May 2018, 06:27 PM |#63  
OP Member
Flag Grenoble

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lz199366

Hi sir.
Could you share your Android 4.1 custom ROM with me? It seems I can't find any Android 4.1 ROMs for B5510 on XDA. Most of ROMs for B5510 are based on the stock Android 2.3.6.
Thanks

Sorry, but all ROMs are based on 2.3.6 for this phone ; they are only themed to look like ICS. You can check the kernel version with some third party app and you will see that 4.1 is just a modified value in the "about" setting and not a real port.
15th May 2018, 09:41 AM |#64  
OP Member
Flag Grenoble

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lz199366

Thanks for your kind reply.
I am about to get one for Retro game emulators. Would you please to tell me how's the overall performance of this device?
Could it hold some basic 3D games well ?
Have you tried the ePSX on it before? If so, how's it going.
Millions of thanks.

Performance is really limited ; I don't think 3D graphic will be well handled. But the most annoying thing is the tight memory space it is eqquipped. An SD card is mandatory, especially if you want to play.
15th May 2018, 10:15 AM |#65  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NycoFR

Hi, this looks like either an APN missconfiguration or a disabled module in the ROM. I al sorry not to actively develop this ROM anymore ; so the only advice I can give is to try to reconfigure your APN (should be in network -> other options) or to flash my own ROM which is entirely based on the official firmware (ROM stock Samsung XXLH3 (CSC OXALH4, Modem XXLH2) (Gingerbread)) that should work in Spain.

Good luck,
Nyco

Hi Nyco,

Thanks so much for your quick response. I have flashed the ROM you mentioned and the version was reverted to the original and indeed now I can turn on/off roaming data, so the problem is solved. I preferred the Jelly Bean, but I undersand that because the stuff you did is not official it can have some misconfigurations.

But good work Nyco I hope you carry on projects like this

Have a good day,
19th July 2018, 08:40 PM |#66  

More
"No Service" or "emergencey calls
Bro After Flashing Rom My phone is not picking sim and showing "No Service" or "emergencey calls only"
16th January 2019, 01:26 PM |#67  

More
Hello everyone, the rom download link is broken, someone could fix the link?
26th February 2019, 05:14 PM |#68  
Flag Buenos Aires
Thanks Meter: 2

More
The link works!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel_BR_RS

Hello everyone, the rom download link is broken, someone could fix the link?

Hi, the link works, just remove the "download/" (just like the others) and it will download!
18th October 2019, 09:59 AM |#69  
OP Member
Flag Grenoble

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaicoLinuX

Hi, the link works, just remove the "download/" (just like the others) and it will download!

Corrected, thanks !
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
rom gt-b5510 custom kernel

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)