Second, this guide is written to be noob friendly. If you do not take the time to read this post, I can't help you. I'm in college, I'm trying to find a job. I am also using correct grammar so Google Translate will do its job to the best of its ability.
Third, I do not make videos. If anyone wants to make a VIDEO (not words from this post on a .mp4 video file) go ahead, I'll probably update this post with a video if someone actually posts one, but it must follow this guide.
Fourth, there's no way to unbrick without Windows, stop asking.
Fifth, this will do a factory reset at the end whether you want it to or not.
Now, unlike everyone else I've seen posting on here, I like to keep things neat. Downloads at the beginning and instructions after. If you fail to read the instructions, not my problem.
You need this to flash (READ THE README): LGFlashTool_L9.zip
And you need this to convert the KDZ to a BIN file: Download the attachment in the post
You will also need firmware.
MS769: http://csmgdl.lgmobile.com/dn/downlo...13/V10F_00.kdz (will add a mirror later)
P769: http://csmgdl.lgmobile.com/dn/downlo...21/V20H_00.kdz (will add a mirror later)
P760/769: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2107971 (Post 1 is Jellybean, Post 2 is ICS) (I don't have any direct links to P760 KDZ files.) If you want older firmware for MS769, I have V10b KDZ, but the site it is on right now is switching hosts or will be soon.
- Download everything from the Downloads section above if you have not already.
- Download firmware if you have not already.
- Extract all the zip files anywhere you can remember.
- If you can't figure out how to install drivers, you should have never rooted your phone.
- CONTINUE READING THIS POST.
How to extract the firmware from KDZ to BIN:
- Place the KDZ you downloaded in the EXTRACTED folder called "Place KDZ here"
- Open EXTRACT TO BINS.bat
- DO NOT OPEN THE BIN FOLDER. Doing so will throw an error and you will have to re-run the script.
- Once the BIN folder is renamed to the same software version as the KDZ file, you will see the single .bin file in there. Ignore the .dll and .fls files in that folder, we don't need them.
How to Flash the BIN
- There are 3 DLL files that came with the LGFlashTool_L9.zip file, find the model number that matches the firmware model number.
- After installing LGFlashTool (I hope you read the readme), open LGFlashTool, click "Select Manual mode".
- Where it says DLL, at the very right side of the blank white box there's a "..." button, click it and select the DLL that matches the firmware model number that you are about to flash.
- On the very right side of S/W, click "Add". Select the BIN file that we just extracted from the KDZ.
- DO NOT PRESS OK YET.
- Put the phone in download mode:
Turn off the phone, remove the battery. Put the battery in, hold volume up+down and plug in the USB cable, after 1 second of the USB cable being plugged in, let go of volume down, keep your finger on volume up until you see S/W Upgrade. If you see the LG logo you failed, repeat the step again.
Hold Volume up + down while plugging in the USB cable is the method I think.
- Now on the computer open Device Manager, go to "Ports (COM & LPT)". Expand it if it isn't already.
- Right click LGE Mobile USB Serial Port (COM#) and click properties.
- Go to the Port Settings tab, click Advanced..., change the COM Port Number to COM41. Press OK, press OK. You can close Device Manager now.
- Go back to LG FlashTool, press OK.
- Click this button now:
- Change it to look like this:
- Press OK.
- Click this:
- Now unplug your phone, wait 5 seconds, plug it back in. Let it finish. Do not unplug until phone is 100% booted.
Thanks to @kuma82 this wouldn't have been possible without that script. Also thanks to @jes0411 @tog3 @Ilko and @navossoc especially for creating the original tools for extraction. I love LGExtract, it's my favorite program
Wanted to say thanks to Soflo Studio for helping me with this.