FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] HELP: Xperia M dual - "Type password to decrypt storage"

16 posts
Thanks Meter: 1
 
By catch148, Junior Member on 12th May 2014, 08:20 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
19th May 2014, 05:08 PM |#21  
theperson333's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 44
 
More
Will using 'repair function' of PCC help?

@op ULB/LB?
 
 
19th May 2014, 05:39 PM |#22  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by theperson333

Will using 'repair function' of PCC help?

@op ULB/LB?

np sir....updation falied
21st May 2014, 04:32 PM |#23  
theperson333's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 44
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by catch148

np sir....updation falied

What's your bootloader status?

Locked or unlocked?


unlocked bootloader won't work in PC companion
21st May 2014, 04:56 PM |#24  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by theperson333

What's your bootloader status?

Locked or unlocked?


unlocked bootloader won't work in PC companion

It is locked sir
22nd May 2014, 01:52 PM |#25  
Bonoboo's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3,283
 
More
@catch148
Seems you have broken NAND-memory (4GB chip) which contains all system, data, etc.

Now 8 (!) people on forum experiencing this: you and this seven: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Info about Encryption unsuccessful
Phone tries read partitions and due some reason data there messed up.
It's looks like encrypted data for phone and he trying deal with it.
Googling says that this is consequence of broken NAND-memory.
22nd May 2014, 02:19 PM |#26  
Dark_Sleipnir's Avatar
Member
Flag Minsk
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonoboo

@catch148
Seems you have broken NAND-memory (4GB chip) which contains all system, data, etc.

Now 8 (!) people on forum experiencing this: you and this 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Info about Encryption unsuccessful
Phone tries read partitions and due some reason data there messed up.
It's looks like encrypted data for phone and he trying deal with it.
Googling says that this is consequence of broken NAND-memory.

So if it problen with memory chip is it be warranty case?

Отправлено с моего GT-N7100 через Tapatalk
22nd May 2014, 02:21 PM |#27  
Bonoboo's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3,283
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Sleipnir

So if it problen with memory chip is it be warranty case?

Seems not, hard to say what reaction will be there.
22nd May 2014, 05:00 PM |#28  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonoboo

Seems not, hard to say what reaction will be there.

what is the rough cost of replacement of NAND memory?

Thanks
22nd May 2014, 05:11 PM |#29  
Bonoboo's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3,283
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by catch148

what is the rough cost of replacement of NAND memory?

I guess repair center suggest you to replace whole system board.
Because it's difficult to them replace chip and then write on it clean full-flash.

Also chip contain unique information related to your unit (TA-partition).
Not sure they will replicate it on new. It's easier replace all board and place new label with new IMEI.
1st December 2014, 07:58 PM |#30  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
type password to decrypt storage in xperia m
there is only solution..go to authorised service centre and they will replace the motherboard (PCB) and update your phone. i have also the same problem with my xperia m dual
The Following User Says Thank You to aamitkd For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift aamitkd Ad-Free
17th December 2014, 08:09 AM |#31  
theperson333's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 44
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aamitkd

there is only solution..go to authorised service centre and they will replace the motherboard (PCB) and update your phone. i have also the same problem with my xperia m dual

If NAND is damaged, can they tell that BL was unlocked?

Sent from my C1905 using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes