FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Safestrap KitKat modules? NC2 or NC5

2,506 posts
Thanks Meter: 862

By lazer9, Senior Member on 12th May 2014, 08:26 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Trying to flash a ROM that supposedly works via SS 3.72. I'm coming off of Surge's NC5 ROM and I'm on the NC2 bootloader.

? Which modules do I need to get WIFI to be able to toggle on and work?

I've tried the NC2 modules in the same session as the new ROM flash but yet I still have no WIFI, it won't even allow to toggle to ON.

Thanks.

12th May 2014, 09:55 PM |#2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Iowa
Thanks Meter: 7,359

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazer9

Trying to flash a ROM that supposedly works via SS 3.72. I'm coming off of Surge's NC5 ROM and I'm on the NC2 bootloader.

? Which modules do I need to get WIFI to be able to toggle on and work?

I've tried the NC2 modules in the same session as the new ROM flash but yet I still have no WIFI, it won't even allow to toggle to ON.

Thanks.

The nc5 modules is what you probably need. I went ahead and made the module zip real quick. jfltevzw-NC5-modules.zip

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Surge1223 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Surge1223 Ad-Free
12th May 2014, 11:24 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hermitage, PA

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surge1223

The nc5 modules is what you probably need. I went ahead and made the module zip real quick. jfltevzw-NC5-modules.zip

Thanks Surge! I went ahead and reverted back to your base NC5 Rom for now. Not like there's anything wrong with it, lol, I just like trying new stuff. I'll give these modules a try that you posted if I get enough nerve up to re-flash the other ROM for the 3rd time
13th May 2014, 03:34 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hermitage, PA

Donate to Me
More
Solved my issue. Maybe this will help others, I'll leave it here ---> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=884
26th May 2014, 12:39 AM |#5  
Flag boston
Thanks Meter: 957

More
Quote:

hey surge i used you're upgrade method to upgrade from mk2 to nc5. is my bootloader mk2 or nc5. just wondering as i want to install hyperdrive rls16 and wasnt sure which modules/modem to use. im sure this was a stupid question but it is unfortunately a neccessary stupid question in my case. any help you can give me would be great.
26th May 2014, 12:56 AM |#6  
Flag Decatur
Thanks Meter: 845

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by toknitup420

hey surge i used you're upgrade method to upgrade from mk2 to nc5. is my bootloader mk2 or nc5. just wondering as i want to install hyperdrive rls16 and wasnt sure which modules/modem to use. im sure this was a stupid question but it is unfortunately a neccessary stupid question in my case. any help you can give me would be great.

install phone info app from playstore

gives all the info you need on bootloader version, firmware version, etc
The Following User Says Thank You to decaturbob For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift decaturbob Ad-Free
26th May 2014, 12:58 AM |#7  
Flag boston
Thanks Meter: 957

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by decaturbob

install phone info app from playstore

gives all the info you need on bootloader version, firmware version, etc

Good looks.
14th June 2014, 09:01 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 136

More
Quote:

Well I'm on mk2 bootloader and have been looking for that zip for weeks. Tried so many fixes and had to start over so many times trying to fix wifi I finally thought it was the rom and tried other roms and it was the same. Maybe if you added that zip to the OP people would get wifi up and running
24th June 2014, 10:15 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
thank you guys for this. saved my ass! now running hyperdrive v16 with working wifi on my I545!
25th June 2014, 10:44 AM |#10  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by decaturbob

install phone info app from playstore gives all the info you need on bootloader version, firmware version, etc

Thanks, I was looking for that app today. I ended up dialing *#1234# on the phone which pulls up superuser app (odd) then displays the version screen once I hit back. Phone info gives you much more info though. I used an app called elixir 2 that displays more phone info then I need to know, but it's also a great app nonetheless.
6th October 2014, 02:00 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Installed WiFi modules still have to do soft reboot
Hi,
I installed the nc5 WiFi modules and while I am able to get WiFi working, if I restart or power down my phone with WiFi turned on, I have to do a soft reboot for the WiFi toggle to work properly again. I saw this was a known issue - does anyone know of a permanent fix for this?
Here are my specs(see attachment).

Thanks.
J
Attached Images
File Type: jpg _20141006_055807.JPG - [Click for QR Code] (125.2 KB, 159 views)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)