Hi all and welcome to a new era, nowadays with Google's fantastic platform updates, an increasing amount of applications and launcher are being released. All offering different and unique features. But this launcher however stands out amongst most of them. Why do I say this? Give this launcher a try and you will most likely get your answer straight away. This launcher has a cutting edge interface, all inspired by the formerly known application "Google Search/Google Now" of course we have to credit Google for this experience and they deserve the applaud, because the app is simply amazing.
You can skip this part if you wish, unless you want to know how this launcher came about. So one night (about a month ago). I was tired and went to my room to sleep, all snug and warmed up in bed, this is usually the time when random ideas and concepts flow through my mind. One of these concepts was to design a Launcher that looked like Google's design scheme. I thought this would be a great way to learn about Android development and make my idea into reality. So I quickly noted this idea down, a week passed by and I stumbled upon the note and I wondered a bit. And after a deep thought about this, I hopped on my computer and whipped up some magic in 2 weeks. It's now been three weeks (This will differ in future, since I doubt I'll be updating this story). And I felt like releasing this new Launcher because I want opinions from you guys on how I can make this Launcher work and function. So I present to all, Active Launcher!
I am open to feature and other suggestions, I have just started the project, I hope you all like it.
Thanks for using Active Launcher, this launcher will not be released to the Play Store for now, as there is still quite a bit to work on.
Also Active Launcher will be available on older Android devices in future releases.
1.0 - Initial Release
- User friendly interface.
- Google Now UI.
- Google Now animations.
- Card View.
- App Drawer.
- KitKat Layout (Depends on device).
- Built in clock.
- Built in date finder.
- Improved acelleration.
- App dock.
- Transclucet app dock.
- Extra options.
- Fixed application launch errors after re-opening an activity.
- Fixed headers in both welcome screen and main screen.
- Corrected sizes of images.
- Full Google Search implementation (Fixed).
- New layouts with buttons.
Currently not applications of this sort are supported, so you will have to contact me so I can add the application to the database.
Supported applications in categories. So when clicking a button, and nothing happens, as stated, please contact me.
My current plans are -
- Home-screen windows - (Yes, 5 or home-screen which can be entered in when swiping from the left).
- A better app drawer implementation - (So you don't have to scroll lots -.-).
- Theme Settings - (Already implemented, just some final workaround, so you can change the blue scheme to other colours).
- Your suggestions - (Let me know in the thread!).
- App Drawer - (Lists system apps ._.).
- Anything else? - (Let me know).
[x] Active Launcher 1.0 Beta - Download 
If you like this Launcher, don't forget to hit the thanks button!