FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Rooting Lenovo S860

49 posts
Thanks Meter: 14

By badbomb, Member on 17th May 2014, 11:07 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Lenovo S 860 is the latest offering from Lenovo and released recently in India. It has a massive battery of 4000 mah and is the best phone for people who want something which has a lot of stamina and this phone certainly lives up to the expectations.

SInce I was unable to find a specific forum for this phone I am posting it in the general section.

This is specifically for people who want more out of their Android phones.

So here you go, to root this phone, it is very simple, use VROOT. It is a one click process and works perfectly, but the super user installed will be in Chinese.

http://www.mgyun.com/en/GetVRoot
The Following User Says Thank You to badbomb For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift badbomb Ad-Free
18th May 2014, 05:23 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Thanks for posting/confirming that Vroot works for the S860 (and for starting this thread)- I'm about to purchase this phone later today. Is there any way to replace the Chinese superuser with an English one?

Edit: Just found this link http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1965781
The Following User Says Thank You to lolo60 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lolo60 Ad-Free
2nd June 2014, 03:01 PM |#3  

More
Has anyone bought and is using this phone? Haven't seen much activity online so far even though it's a fairly decent offering. Perhaps if the Mods could move this thread to Android General it might be more helpful?

On a side note, if anyone is using the phone have you received 4.4 update yet?
6th June 2014, 04:29 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolo60

Has anyone bought and is using this phone? Haven't seen much activity online so far even though it's a fairly decent offering. Perhaps if the Mods could move this thread to Android General it might be more helpful?

On a side note, if anyone is using the phone have you received 4.4 update yet?

Yeah...have been using the phone for the last 3 weeks. Performance is very good for day to day taks - calls/browsing/streaming etc . The best part I like about this phone is the mammoth battery and Lenovo still managed this in a rather slim body. It is also lighter than note 2.

Recieved kitkat update yesterday. A few changes to the UI - now it is lag free.
18th June 2014, 06:27 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

Donate to Me
More
Kitkat update link
Can anybody post the link or how to upgrade Lenovo S860 to Kitkat. Lenovo released the update but since it around 1 GB unable to do so through phone. It gets interrupted due to unstable net connection and sloe speed. Is there anyway I can do this through PC.
22nd June 2014, 06:02 PM |#6  

More
VRoot did not work for me after upgrading phone to 4.4.2. It rebooted the phone constantly, asked for permission to restore data from PC to phone, but the root process kept failing. Anyone else face the same issue?
24th June 2014, 02:46 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 104

More
I have used S860 for a month now. Android 4.2.2 works good except for some lag. I would like to upgrade to 4.4 but don't want to loose google play. Any suggestions? Can I install the Lenovo update of 4.4 and then reinstall google play?
25th June 2014, 09:08 PM |#8  

More
Lenovo S860 flashing tutorial for KitKat 4.4 & gaps
hello, this one will help you

xxx androidrookies.com/2014/06/lenovo-s860-flashing-android-kit-kat-44.html (insert www and copy link)

I already got the Lenovo S860 with KitKat bought from eBay, but without root permission, so I waiting for rooting the phone.

David
26th June 2014, 01:33 PM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solverino

hello, this one will help you

xxx androidrookies.com/2014/06/lenovo-s860-flashing-android-kit-kat-44.html (insert www and copy link)

I already got the Lenovo S860 with KitKat bought from eBay, but without root permission, so I waiting for rooting the phone.

David

This will only work for the Chinese 1 GB model of Lenovo S860 - not the 2 GB ROW (Rest of the World) Model.

From whatever little is available online for this phone I'm guessing it's hard to root if the phone's running kitkat - and it doesn't look like any developer will come up with Root for it. It's just too bad, I miss using AdAway the most!
26th June 2014, 05:03 PM |#10  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolo60

This will only work for the Chinese 1 GB model of Lenovo S860 - not the 2 GB ROW (Rest of the World) Model.

From whatever little is available online for this phone I'm guessing it's hard to root if the phone's running kitkat - and it doesn't look like any developer will come up with Root for it. It's just too bad, I miss using AdAway the most!

and how about Framaroot one clik root, did you try it?

EDIT: just tried Framaroot 1.9.3 and donĀ“t work for me, anyone of the three exploits
27th June 2014, 08:44 PM |#11  
Flag Sibiu
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Flash S860
I have an S860 (1GB) bought from China obviously and when I received it it had no gapps and no caller id in Europe which was annoying.
What I did:
1. Installed 4.2.2 ROW Version (also when I flashed it I put a custom recovery image TWRP 2.7)
2. After I flashed it I installed root and modem for 3G calls from custom recovery.

That's it, feel free to ask me any question!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
lenovo-s860

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)