Very bad signal

Search This thread

CCDillon

Feb 10, 2011
Hey everyone, I live in the US and bought a Z2 on eBay from never-msrp on eBay, his service was great and the phone has no outside physical defects.

However, I have very very bad signal. I live in a place that only gets 1 or 2 signal bars on occasion (just 2G, sometimes 3G) and if I don't get signal in the house I can put the phone next to a window and get a pretty solid signal. This is not the case with the Z2. I get no signal at the house and when I put the phone up to the window I will only get 1 bar of 2G every so often, perhaps like 5 minutes of signal out of 40 minutes sitting near the window. Does this phone just have naturally weak signal? I noticed that when I go up the road to try and obtain better signal, it is very slow to pick up signal and once in a supposedly stable zone where I can get 3G, it will not be very stable. For the most part, I get 3G but I noticed that the signal went out completely a couple of times.

Does this sound like a defective device? I've already contacted the seller and he accepts returns though I have to pay a ridiculous restocking fee probably.