This Kernel is based on the Samsung 4.4.2 source.
I'm not a developer and not pretending to be one, I'm a android enthusiast.
Take it as it is and don't complain as this is free.
- wootever, faux123, yank555, myfluxi, imoseyon & angelom.
- Andreilux for the Synapse app.
- .........Sorry if I forget someone please contact me and I will add you with pleasure.........
This couldn't be possible without the XDA members mentioned above.
- KNOX counter will be tripped to 0x01
- Make a EFS backup
- You need to be on the new KitKat bootloader & Samsung 4.4.2 based rom
- Install custom recovery.
- Flash with custom recovery
Moved back to the rom thread
Tip for the kernel SnapKat followers see my signature for updates. No official thread anymore, sorry.
Note on Custom kernel:
There will be a warning at reboot : KERNEL IS NOT SEANDROID ENFORCING = this is normal.
Screen mirroring will probably not work as this is a problem with all custom kernels.
Based on Samsung original KitKat source
Source @ Github
Changes compared to stock kernel.
- Selinux status = Permissive
- NTFS R/W support with the use of Paragon (see playstore)
- XZ compressed
- Build in init.d support
- insecure & adb insecure
- Power suspend driver_1.2 @ Faux123
- Synapse control added with various options: CPU control; Kernel controls...
- Led control_1.1 @ Yank555.lu (Only on SM_N9005)
- mdnie control_1.3 and synapse support @ Wootever
- Faux Sound_3.2 @ Faux123 & Wootever
- 2.88GHz Maximum overclock (unlock with Synapse app)
- TouchBoostdriver Min frequency locked = no more jumping to 1.1GHz as minimum frequency
- Voltage control thanks to myfluxi & synapse voltage control thanks to wootever. (Only on SM_N9005)
- Intelli HotPlug_2.0 & ECO Mode @ Faux123
- GPU Overclocking up to 533MHz
- Governors: Intellidemand , Conservative , Adaptive , ondemand , wheatly , powersave , interactive , performance.
- Schedulers: cfq , noop , bfq , deadline , vr , row , fiops , fifo , sio , zen.
- OC Unlock / lock setting in Synapse = Default is set at 2.265GHz stock speed. = Replacement for maximum frequency lock (Based on angelom max_limit)
Example of what it synapse looks like NOT representative for the one in the kernel !Quote:
Led Extended control:
ONLY SUPPORTED ON SM_N9005
ONLY SUPPORTED ON SM_N9005
The Higher your Maximum Frequency to less you can undervolt. The maximum undervolting is -40mV on synapse.
I recommend you use the synapse app only to control the kernel.
I recommend you use the include Synapse app to control the kernel feature. All build in features are supported with the synapse app.
Remember the Synapse app is created by Andreilux but if there are problems with the kernel and Synapse it is a kernel problem and not a app problem!!!!! Don't under-rate the Synapse app because of this. The Synapse app needs a kernel that support it, crashing is always a script error in the kernel and not in the app
SNAPKAT Kernel for SM_N9005/900T, a ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: New samsung Kitkat bootloader
Based On: Only Samsung TouchWiz based 4.4.2 roms
Stable Release Date: 2014-02-12
Last Updated 2014-02-24