Last month in Thailand one provider operator has a LTE service.Now two provider operator but I can not use or choose LTE automaticly.I must delete /system/app/lteConfigs.apk/lteConfigs.odex then GSM/WCDMA/LTE auto is appear.Go to Settings>Networks>Tethering & networks>Mobile network>Network mode> GSM/WCDMA/LTE auto ,to choose LTE.I think ,LG doesn't add a new provider operator in lteConfigs.
I try to add new provider operator to lteConfigs.apk it's working.I can use LTE automaticly when I am in LTE area and If I reboot G2 it's choose LTE automaticly too.
This is a simple guide to add provider operator .
- Make sure your operator has LTE service
- check your mccmnc of your operator at
my operator is dtac ( 52005 )
1. Deodex LteConfigs
/system/app/LteConfigs.apk and LteConfigs.odex with other tools.
2. Decompile LteConfigs.apk with apktool
3. Go to Folder \LteConfigs\res\xml open lteready.xml with editor such as notepad++
4. My country in asia ,I add in asia area add
5. Save lteready.xml
6. Compile LteConfigs.apk with apktool
7. Sign LteConfigs.apk
8. In /system/app remove
LteConfigs.apk and LteConfigs.odex
9. Copy new LteConfigs.apk in /system/app and set permission to 644
10. Reboot G2
11. Go to Settings>Networks>Tethering & networks>Mobile network>Network mode> GSM/WCDMA/LTE auto
12. Now your G2 can use LTE automaticly and after reboot your G2 choose GSM/WCDMA/LTE auto ,automaticly too
sorry to very bad English grammar