FORUMS

Moto logo boot loop after OTA

1,179 posts
Thanks Meter: 146

By Tivo7, Senior Member on 23rd May 2014, 04:33 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Sorry if this has already been posted somewhere, but I'm on a friend's phone and he doesn't have the XDA app and the site isn't being very cooperative with his phone.

I took the recent OTA this morning and now I'm stuck in a boot loop at the Moto logo. Prior to installation, my phone was completely stock and not rooted. I can get into fastboot in the short time that the M logo is off, but it kicked me right back out seconds later and begins attempting startup again. I did a factory reset from stock recovery and it still loops.

Is there an fxz out for this yet, or does somebody have a link to download the new OTA so I can adb push it onto my sd card to try to install it again?
23rd May 2014, 07:54 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
I'm in the same boat, took OTA from 4.1.2 and now bootlooping. My phone was rooted prior to the OTA but I can live without it.
23rd May 2014, 07:58 PM |#3  
Flag Columbus, OH
Thanks Meter: 813

More
How does the saying go? If I had a penny for every ...

Anyways, this is a prevalent issue so I'm surprised no one seems to be able to find it as it is the most common issue since this OTA has come out, so for the umpteenth time, here is the link to fix you up:

http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php/to...to-kitkat-ota/

PLEASE read it carefully and then re-read it again and then read it one more time BEFORE you even attempt to do it.

Good luck!
23rd May 2014, 09:10 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
SystemUI.apk
Thanks Meter: 146

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBolski

How does the saying go? If I had a penny for every ...

Anyways, this is a prevalent issue so I'm surprised no one seems to be able to find it as it is the most common issue since this OTA has come out, so for the umpteenth time, here is the link to fix you up:

http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php/to...to-kitkat-ota/

PLEASE read it carefully and then re-read it again and then read it one more time BEFORE you even attempt to do it.

Good luck!

That's the download I needed. Thanks.

Should be able to install it manually from the phone if you push the OTA to your sd card (if you're stock) to avoid having to go through rsdlite
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)