[ROM][XXDNE1] GT-N5110 Stock Root DeKnoxed 4.4.2 Official

Search This thread

BigBot96

Mar 17, 2012
Ooltewah
android.garrettek.com
XXDNE1 (UK)- Stock Rooted DeKnoxed

***NOTICE***
Questions belong in the Q&A section. I am not providing support for this ROM. This is a stock release from Samsung.

***Disclaimer***
I am not responsible if you break your stuff. READ READ READ
If you want an optimized stock experienced, check out Terok Nor V3!

Features
This is the official 4.4.2 update from Samsung, XXDNE1, for the GT-N5110. This is the UK release, but its all the same as long as the model numbers match up.
System deknoxed
Kernel ramdisk deknoxed
busybox

This can be used as a base for other ROMs.

Requirements
A GT-N5110
You MUST upgrade to the latest bootloader/tz images before flashing this!
The latest PhilZ recovery: Found here, flash in ODIN

Bootloader upgrade: *AFTER UPGRADING, THERE IS NO DOWNGRADING TO THE PREVIOUS BOOTLOADER. YOUR KNOX WARRANTY WILL BE VOID!!!*
You will still be able to use Jellybean ROMs, just NOT the bootloader(s) from previous releases. In other words, NEVER attempt to flash any official firmware package prior to 4.4.2.
Download: n5110_xxdne1-firmware.tar.md5
Download: odin304.zip
Start ODIN as administrator (right click, Run As Administrator) *recommended
Reboot into download mode and plug in the note 8
Make sure Re-Partition is NOT CHECKED, select PDA and select the n5110_xxdne1-firmware.tar.md5
Press start and wait a few moments. It's pretty quick. Afterwards, your device will automatically reboot.

IF YOU DO NOT MEET THESE REQUIREMENTS.. STOP HERE!

Installation
1. BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!
2. Wipe data
3. Flash in recovery
4. Reboot

Download!
MD5: d957dce1ae4dfae95a0f153b35c93997

Don't forget to hit the thanks button!

Last edited:

yeeahnick

Aug 3, 2011
wow as if... didnt samsung fix that bug on 4.2.2? You would think they would learn from previous mistakes, but i guess not... Because of that i wont be upgrading to kitkat until Civ gets his hands on kernel source. Thanks for the reply =)

BigBot96

Mar 17, 2012
Ooltewah
android.garrettek.com
wow as if... didnt samsung fix that bug on 4.2.2? You would think they would learn from previous mistakes, but i guess not... Because of that i wont be upgrading to kitkat until Civ gets his hands on kernel source. Thanks for the reply =)

It was off on 4.2.2 also.

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

drixzon

Jan 25, 2014
i'm using this rom now but it's LAGGY. is there anything i can do with it to make it run smooth. scrolling app drawer is so laggy.

yeeahnick

Aug 3, 2011
Samsung screwed this tablet over real bad. S-pen off set is still not fixed and some video streaming apps are choppy as hell so i tried to downgrade to 4.2.2 SUPRISE causes a big battery charging issue (because of non matching bootloader) i had to go back to ****kat. Doubt iIwill be buying another Samsung mobile device in my again.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    XXDNE1 (UK)- Stock Rooted DeKnoxed

***NOTICE***
    Questions belong in the Q&A section. I am not providing support for this ROM. This is a stock release from Samsung.

***Disclaimer***
    I am not responsible if you break your stuff. READ READ READ
    If you want an optimized stock experienced, check out Terok Nor V3!

Features
    This is the official 4.4.2 update from Samsung, XXDNE1, for the GT-N5110. This is the UK release, but its all the same as long as the model numbers match up.
    System deknoxed
    Kernel ramdisk deknoxed
    busybox

This can be used as a base for other ROMs.

Requirements
    A GT-N5110
    You MUST upgrade to the latest bootloader/tz images before flashing this!
    The latest PhilZ recovery: Found here, flash in ODIN

Bootloader upgrade: *AFTER UPGRADING, THERE IS NO DOWNGRADING TO THE PREVIOUS BOOTLOADER. YOUR KNOX WARRANTY WILL BE VOID!!!*
    You will still be able to use Jellybean ROMs, just NOT the bootloader(s) from previous releases. In other words, NEVER attempt to flash any official firmware package prior to 4.4.2.
    Download: n5110_xxdne1-firmware.tar.md5
    Download: odin304.zip
    Start ODIN as administrator (right click, Run As Administrator) *recommended
    Reboot into download mode and plug in the note 8
    Make sure Re-Partition is NOT CHECKED, select PDA and select the n5110_xxdne1-firmware.tar.md5
    Press start and wait a few moments. It's pretty quick. Afterwards, your device will automatically reboot.

IF YOU DO NOT MEET THESE REQUIREMENTS.. STOP HERE!

Installation
    1. BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!
    2. Wipe data
    3. Flash in recovery
    4. Reboot

Download!
    MD5: d957dce1ae4dfae95a0f153b35c93997

Don't forget to hit the thanks button!
    Perfect thanks! Is the s-pen off in this one?

Yep. It's off on all 4.4.2 roms. Freaking Samsung can't fix it? Sheesh. Until Samsung releases the source and Civato can work his magic..

It was off on 4.2.2 also.

nice...this may come handy if we screw up 4.4.2, then not worry to root all that, just flash this, done:good:

thank you!!