So I recently got the ZU GPe and have been trying few things... and I messed it up bad so things were not even booting properly
I was trying to get it back to factory settings but couldnt find any direct way and no one XDA had any good info to go by...
finally i was able to get a procedure to restore to original Google Play Edition firmware! so here is a step-by-step procedure (with pictures) to restore your phone to original firmware!
[ requirement ]
[ how-to ]
[ 1 ] Get into Graphical Bootloader
to enter graphical bootloader you can either use the command:
adb reboot bootloader
power down device connect the USB cable to phone before connecting the other end of cable to PC keep the VOLUME UP button pressed
this will trigger Bootloader mode:
[ 2 ] Get into Stock Recovery
while in the Graphical Bootloader use the VOLUME keys to navigate to "Recovery Mode"
now press the POWER button to select it, device will now "reboot" and trigger stock recovery entry
[ 3 ] Reveal Stock Recovery menu
at first you will see:
to combination to "reveal" the Recovery menu is:
POWER button + VOLUME DOWN (first press POWER button and then TAP the VOLUME DOWN key ONCE)
you will now see this:
[ 4 ] Flashing FULL OTA ZIP
in the recovery menu use VOLUME keys to navigate and select using POWER button
- now navigate to "apply update from ADB"
- select it!
- this will enable "adb sideload" mode in recovery on phone
- now on you PC (hope that you have downloaded the FULL OTA and kept it easily accessible) enter the following command to send the FULL OTA ZIP via sideload:
adb sideload PATH-OF-FULL-OTA-ZIP-INCLUDING-ZIP-FILENAME.zip
adb sideload c:\830f5fda644bfc55f82a4e01fb5fadae4b64fad6.update_1278-8069_R3C_KOT49H.S2.2052_Final_signed.zip
- this should start the transfer process to phone and flashing will start once file is fully transferred
- after flashing is complete I recommend doing a Factory Reset! THIS WILL WIPE THE INTERNAL SDCARD AND ALL DATA WILL BE LOST! select "wipe data/factory reset"
- now select "reboot system now" and device will reboot! thats it!
you will now be on original Google Play Edition firmware!
hope this helps!