FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE] How-To Cherry-Pick Features for your ROM (both GitHub and Gerrit)

521 posts
Thanks Meter: 701
 
Post Reply Email Thread
13th March 2019, 10:34 AM |#121  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Can anyone help me get dark notification from one rom to another , where can I find them in GitHub , I found framework base for both roms on GitHub I'm not sure if framework is where I would find notification settings , thanks in advance
 
 
24th March 2019, 02:37 PM |#122  
alphamale's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Massillion
Thanks Meter: 217
 
Donate to Me
More
So I've successful cherry picked a commit. How do I keep that cherry pick from being erased from repo sync
26th March 2019, 04:25 AM |#123  
nicesoni_ash's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag ....
Thanks Meter: 10,946
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale

So I've successful cherry picked a commit. How do I keep that cherry pick from being erased from repo sync

You need to push your changes to your repo online.

Sent from my "1+2" powered by Delight Oreo
Compiled by myself
7th April 2019, 01:26 PM |#124  
alphamale's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Massillion
Thanks Meter: 217
 
Donate to Me
More
Trying to cherry pick large commit for Xtended rom Active edge. It requires me to clone a director external/google. Keep getting this build error. Looking for help
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_Cloud_Console_20190406-180914.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	342.4 KB
ID:	4738400  
24th April 2019, 02:39 PM |#125  
Senior Member
Flag Bandung
Thanks Meter: 77
 
Donate to Me
More
Awesome guide
16th June 2019, 02:15 AM |#126  
Senior Member
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 1,551
 
More
undo a commit?
this looks like a VERY useful guide and is very well detailed. I have yet to try it out, however, I think my current issue is caused by the inclusion of a newer commit.

I am building Oreo Havoc-OS for an S4 GT-i9506, up to a few months ago, it was building perfectly. However, I just recently tried a build after a full sync, and it now fails to build. The project that is failing to compile on is a LineageOS project. This project has had a relatively recent (I haven't built it for a few months) commit which I *think* is causing the issue.

What are the steps to undo a specific commit?
Do I just cherry-pick the previous commit?
16th June 2019, 01:54 PM |#127  
Halifax's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 342
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondJohn

this looks like a VERY useful guide and is very well detailed. I have yet to try it out, however, I think my current issue is caused by the inclusion of a newer commit.

I am building Oreo Havoc-OS for an S4 GT-i9506, up to a few months ago, it was building perfectly. However, I just recently tried a build after a full sync, and it now fails to build. The project that is failing to compile on is a LineageOS project. This project has had a relatively recent (I haven't built it for a few months) commit which I *think* is causing the issue.

What are the steps to undo a specific commit?
Do I just cherry-pick the previous commit?

Try "git revert <commit id>"
The Following User Says Thank You to Halifax For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Halifax Ad-Free
17th June 2019, 07:05 AM |#128  
Senior Member
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 1,551
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifax

Try "git revert <commit id>"

I am building two ROMs (Oreo & Pie Havoc-OS). I think the above worked for reverting the commit on a lineage repository used in the Pie ROM , but now I am trying to revert a different commit on the Oreo build.

The commit I am trying to revert is from android.googlesource.com, the following are the details:
within the manifest is
Code:
...snip...
  <remote  name="aosp"
           fetch="https://android.googlesource.com"
           review="android-review.googlesource.com"
           revision="refs/tags/android-8.1.0_r43" />
...snip...
<project path="prebuilts/misc" name="platform/prebuilts/misc" groups="pdk" clone-depth="1" remote="aosp" />
...snip...
The commit I am trying to revert is:
https://android.googlesource.com/pla...d23778dc6b97d2
I enter into a terminal (directly after a full sync)
Code:
cd prebuilts/misc;
git revert cdf25317a1e22b3eb94ed84143d23778dc6b97d2;
The terminal returns the following for the command:
Code:
fatal: bad object cdf25317a1e22b3eb94ed84143d23778dc6b97d2
Anyone know what I am doing wrong?
17th June 2019, 07:14 AM |#129  
Halifax's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 342
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondJohn

I enter into a terminal (directly after a full sync)

Code:
cd prebuilts/misc;

git revert cdf25317a1e22b3eb94ed84143d23778dc6b97d2;
The terminal returns the following for the command:
Code:
fatal: bad object cdf25317a1e22b3eb94ed84143d23778dc6b97d2


Anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Make sure you have committed all the changes before you perform <git revert>
17th June 2019, 07:59 AM |#130  
Senior Member
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 1,551
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifax

Make sure you have committed all the changes before you perform <git revert>

I have just performed a synch, so there should be no uncommitted changes.

so the full sequence is:
Code:
cd ~/android/havoc/;

repo forall -c git reset --hard;
repo forall -c git checkout -f;
repo forall -c git clean -fdx;
repo sync -fc -j16 --force-sync --force-broken --no-clone-bundle --no-tags;

cd prebuilts/misc;
git revert cdf25317a1e22b3eb94ed84143d23778dc6b97d2;
running a status just before the revert
Code:
git status;
returns
Code:
Not currently on any branch.
nothing to commit, working tree clean
ooo...I think that may be my issue

But it seems right as per the manifest I posted above, and it has a ".git" directory. So why would it say "Not currently on any branch"?

just kicked off a
Code:
git clone https://android.googlesource.com/platform/prebuilts/misc
in the misc path, but its taking some time.

Hopefully that might help, but I would much prefer an actual correction if someone knows it?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cherry pick, cherry picks, cherry-pick, gerrit, github

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes