FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

MOTO HT820 SKIPPING SOLVED! NEW FIRMWARE INSIDE!

1,564 posts
Thanks Meter: 88

By jwzg, Retired Senior Moderator on 8th September 2006, 10:56 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
IMHO this rates as the greatest Google find ever...well almost. Thanks to rayray987123 from www.motorolafans.com.

I just flashed my HT820 with new firmware to fix the skip problem. According to the info, any HT820 with designation SYN948A, SYN948B or SYN948C inside the headset band may have the skip problem. Mine is a 948A and the flash indeed fixed the problem. The flash instructions I in the attached .RAR file are in English.

NOTE: The headset MUST be turned off. As you are plugging USB cable into the headset, you MUST keep the forward and back buttons depressed. It will not go into flash mode otherwise.

I've been listening to my headphones for the last 30 minutes and they only skipped when I cupped my hand over the earpiece. Sound is as good as the original without the skipping of course. I'm happy!!!!
Attached Files
File Type: rar ht820.rar - [Click for QR Code] (1.24 MB, 7423 views)
8th September 2006, 11:58 AM |#2  
Flag Tilburg
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Flashed my HT820 with this patch succes! Will keep you posted!
8th September 2006, 01:33 PM |#3  
Flag Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 81

Donate to Me
More
Hmmm mine is not recognized, but also is a SYN948D .... any clues?
8th September 2006, 01:39 PM |#4  
OP Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Prattville, AL

More
I'm not sure if you can flash this firmware to any other models. This is for A, B or C only. You may try to contact Motorola to see if there is an upgrade patch for your set.
8th September 2006, 05:50 PM |#5  
Flag Prattville, AL

More
Shameless bump on the front page. This is not a registry hack...it's new headset firmware and it flat works.
9th September 2006, 02:30 AM |#6  
Flag Southern California
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Just did it to my HT820 Part number SYN0948A. Seems not to have completely aliviated the problem completely but its a great great improvement. Where I was getting skipping/chopping every couple seconds I know can through a couple minutes of music. I'll update once I test it out a bit more since it has been only a couple minutes ha ha . Sorry I was just anxious to say Thanks and confirm that it does work. Now I dont know if its just me or it seems like volume is a bit lower and distorst when I put the Media player to 100%. But I dont know if its me like I said. Well I stop ranting and showing my excitement since now I feel like I didnt throw money away on my mda and ht820's since thats one of the major reasons I switched from my sk3
9th September 2006, 03:10 AM |#7  
Flag Prattville, AL

More
Try the priority256 hack on the registry and see if that doesn't bring it in line. This morning I was trying o listen to Resco Radio and it was skipping all over the place. I did that registry hack and Barry Damn White is coming through seriously clear.
9th September 2006, 03:27 AM |#8  
Retired Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter: 202

Donate to Me
More
well i have an asian knockoff from ebay... and numbers have worn off on it so i cant tell if i have one that can be updated or not.. when i press down the back and forward and insert the mini-B nothing happens for me, just charges... at any rate i did a reg hack on my 8125 and got rid of the skipping anyway..
9th September 2006, 04:01 AM |#9  
Flag Prattville, AL

More
First of all, the Asian versions on Ebay are typically not knockoffs. They are the same headphones produced for the Asian market with different firmware. Knockoffs are out there, but if the headphones are coming in the box with paperwork, most likely they are not. I do live in China and believe me it's easy to find the fakes.

Second, the cab that shogunmark posted also has a bad key. Check the registry after installing and you'll find the key AD2P instead of A2DP. That does exactly squat. In addition, the various registry hacks on this board do little or nothing if the firmware on the phone is faulty. Believe me, I used all of the registry hacks and nothing kept them from skipping until I updated the firmware. If a reghack alone fixed your skipping then you have good firmware already installed. The only reason mine were skipping this morning was that the wifi was running at the same time and the priority256 hack gives higher priority to the A2DP dll.

Third, you MUST follow the directions to the letter, or the headphones will not enter flash mode as you plug it in.
9th September 2006, 08:18 AM |#10  
Retired Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter: 202

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwzg

First of all, the Asian versions on Ebay are typically not knockoffs. They are the same headphones produced for the Asian market with different firmware. Knockoffs are out there, but if the headphones are coming in the box with paperwork, most likely they are not. I do live in China and believe me it's easy to find the fakes.

Second, the cab that shogunmark posted also has a bad key. Check the registry after installing and you'll find the key AD2P instead of A2DP. That does exactly squat. In addition, the various registry hacks on this board do little or nothing if the firmware on the phone is faulty. Believe me, I used all of the registry hacks and nothing kept them from skipping until I updated the firmware. If a reghack alone fixed your skipping then you have good firmware already installed. The only reason mine were skipping this morning was that the wifi was running at the same time and the priority256 hack gives higher priority to the A2DP dll.

Third, you MUST follow the directions to the letter, or the headphones will not enter flash mode as you plug it in.

First of all thanks for the flame :roll:

second i never said i didnt like my asian version, works great for me, dont care if its asian or a fake or both. Its definitely poorly made, but i dont care, for $50 on ebay after shipping im happy with my purchase.

3rd, i didnt make that reg hack, all i know is that i tried everything.. Mine was skipping every 10-15 seconds when playing music and it drove me nuts.. i finally came across that reg hack somewhere on this board (dont remember the thread) and bad key or not it fixed my problem..

And finally, i did follow the instructions to a T.. next time i will post that i held the 2 buttons down, plugged in the mini-B and "waited 3-5seconds" and still nothing, just a solid blue charging light, no flashing blue light..

so excuse the f*ck outta me for giving my 2 cents on what worked for me, im just trying to help others on this board just as much as others has helped me.
9th September 2006, 09:25 AM |#11  
Flag Prattville, AL

More
No flame intended. Just be careful what you post. Not that the cab would brick your device, but posting any old cab without knowing its source or what is in it is not what makes this forum great.

I certainly didn't mean to flame you, but was trying to separate fact from fiction. Perhaps I sounded harsh and for that I apologize.

Better?

One last thing; the buttons on the right earpiece are the correct ones. It should go into flash mode if it's the real deal. Again, sorry for being assuming, but I don't give up easily.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)