FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Best In-ear Headphones for HTC One M8?

146 posts
Thanks Meter: 10

By Tazz., Senior Member on 31st May 2014, 06:16 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
So I've owned my HTC One M8 for a couple of weeks now and I was wondering, what headphones are you guys using? The standard in-ear headphones are a bit crappy compared to the speakers. I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for good in-ear headphones with a microphone and volume control if possible. I do NOT want to get the BOSE-IE2 or whatever, I've had them before though they sound great, they are poorly made in materials and mess up quite fast. If anyone recommend me any great in-ear headphones that would be great. I'm considering the Beats Tour 2.0 but I'm willing to learn about more/others

Thanks!

31st May 2014, 07:13 PM |#2  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 332

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazz.

So I've owned my HTC One M8 for a couple of weeks now and I was wondering, what headphones are you guys using? The standard in-ear headphones are a bit crappy compared to the speakers. I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for good in-ear headphones with a microphone and volume control if possible. I do NOT want to get the BOSE-IE2 or whatever, I've had them before though they sound great, they are poorly made in materials and mess up quite fast. If anyone recommend me any great in-ear headphones that would be great. I'm considering the Beats Tour 2.0 but I'm willing to learn about more/others

Thanks!

whats your budget and what type of frequency do you like (bass, midrage, treble) Beats are total trash for music, I would get the Bose QC20 but you said you dont want it so answer those question and I'll provide you with a better answer.
31st May 2014, 08:24 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
I am running some IE80's and I can tell you there is a huge difference between them and the oem ones.
31st May 2014, 08:28 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
If you want something cheap but really good. Look into the JVC Marshmallows. They sound great and are very inexpensive. It's great for use as a pair of headphones you don't care about beating up.
31st May 2014, 08:31 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag New York City

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1_enthusiast

whats your budget and what type of frequency do you like (bass, midrage, treble) Beats are total trash for music, I would get the Bose QC20 but you said you dont want it so answer those question and I'll provide you with a better answer.

I'm not sure about types of frequency not much of an audiophile but I do want something that makes mostly any music sound nice. Also lets say my price range is around $100 give or take a few more. Not willing to go to $150
31st May 2014, 08:34 PM |#6  

More
Quote:

I'm not sure about types of frequency not much of an audiophile but I do want something that makes mostly any music sound nice. Also lets say my price range is around $100 give or take a few more. Not willing to go to $150

take a look at the Hifiman RE-400, they make good premium headphones, and i'm sure their in-ears are good too. don't by Beats product, unless you really love bass.
31st May 2014, 08:44 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag New York City

More
Quote:

take a look at the Hifiman RE-400, they make good premium headphones, and i'm sure their in-ears are good too. don't by Beats product, unless you really love bass.

Can you explain to me what bass and all that stuff is? I can't really tell the difference between all these musical terms and what not
31st May 2014, 08:55 PM |#8  

More
Quote:

Can you explain to me what bass and all that stuff is? I can't really tell the difference between all these musical terms and what not

Bass is mainly for Rap and R&B if you listen to those a lot and turn your music up to deafning level to get the pounding that it offers than the beats are for you, the problem with that is, its too much, it distort the other frequency, it overwhelm the music making it sound crappy, distorted and not what the artist intend for you to hear.

Midrange are mainly for vocal jazz, you hear the voice singing (more) to you, with defining instrument being play in the background, ussually audiophile love this, midrange is a something hard to tune in a headphone. too much midrange and treble however create a fatigue listening experience.

Treble is how clear your music is typically there is no specific genre to listen to but I imagine classical is a good suit for this, Treble make the sound seem clearer, but too much treble can make the sound seem grainy and fatiguing.

the typical mainstream In-ear are "V" shape what that mean is a boost in bass and treble while the midrange stay the same or slightly recessed. with the Beats, I believe the Bass is boosted way more than the other frequency.

Head to Head-fi and read up on it, I'm a pretty Noobish myself but I'm learning

last note, you should listen to music on a moderate level, if you lose your hearing it will never return.
The Following User Says Thank You to G1_enthusiast For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift G1_enthusiast Ad-Free
31st May 2014, 09:00 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Westone 4r's. Sound amazing with h/k mod.
31st May 2014, 09:08 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag New York City

More
Quote:

Bass is mainly for Rap and R&B if you listen to those a lot and turn your music up to deafning level to get the pounding that it offers than the beats are for you, the problem with that is, its too much, it distort the other frequency, it overwhelm the music making it sound crappy, distorted and not what the artist intend for you to hear.

Midrange are mainly for vocal jazz, you hear the voice singing (more) to you, with defining instrument being play in the background, ussually audiophile love this, midrange is a something hard to tune in a headphone. too much midrange and treble however create a fatigue listening experience.

Treble is how clear your music is typically there is no specific genre to listen to but I imagine classical is a good suit for this, Treble make the sound seem clearer, but too much treble can make the sound seem grainy and fatiguing.

the typical mainstream In-ear are "V" shape what that mean is a boost in bass and treble while the midrange stay the same or slightly recessed. with the Beats, I believe the Bass is boosted way more than the other frequency.

Head to Head-fi and read up on it, I'm a pretty Noobish myself but I'm learning

last note, you should listen to music on a moderate level, if you lose your hearing it will never return.

I listen to moderate amounts of rap, not sure what r&b is but no to that. I also listen to lots of LOOP so I guess I'll go for beats then?
31st May 2014, 11:45 PM |#11  

More
Quote:

I listen to moderate amounts of rap, not sure what r&b is but no to that. I also listen to lots of LOOP so I guess I'll go for beats then?

I would go with the RE400 first, if you dont like it then you could switch. RE400 is relatively cheap!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)