FORUMS

[MOD][D802][KitKat] Mods for Pardus ROM - Guides and assistance.

1,336 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,264

By HighlanderZA, Senior Member on 1st June 2014, 07:15 PM
Post Reply Email Thread

Hi Everyone

Just tested on bruce2728 - and they work. So should work on any stock ROM odexed or deodexed.

I see some of my uploads are missing from Dev-Host - If required, please shout and I'll re upload them.

This thread will be a WIP (work in progress).
I would like it to be a place where the modders can showcase and publish their efforts, show off screenshots and share Zips.
Be patient, be kind and I'm sure some of us will even accept requests, within reason and time permitting, of course.
Personally, I work all day, have a family and this is just a hobby!

All those Pardus users who enjoy modding their LG G2 climb on board and post your mods with pictures for all to see - just please help out if any problems arise.

I set this up for the Pardus modders amongst us. The Popup mods will work on any stock based ROM I think. (Let me know )
The standard 12 pngs used by LG for the popup variations are the ones modded. LG has ALL of them in drawable-xxhdpi in white, which makes it an easy mod.

I've reserved a few of the first posts, perhaps I can create an index of posts with interesting and useful mods - to make them easy to find.

To All users - It is your phone - you decide what happens too it - make a BACKUP before you flash anything.
That said, I test everything I make on my phone (how else do I get those screenshots ) before it goes on here and will try and help where I can if you have any problems.

Some of mine as a starter.

Downloads are on my Dev-Host - please read descriptions.
I will add more screenshots of the mod zips as I make them.

To all those who have helped and guided me, THANK YOU.
To @pendroz - for his great ROM Pardus
and his permission to use and abuse it with my mods.
The whole great bunch from the S2 Forum - way too many to mention.
To @xanthrax - for his Discussion thread - Discussion and Q&A
xda Developers - I'm glad I found you. Old dogs can learn new tricks!
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to HighlanderZA For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift HighlanderZA Ad-Free
1st June 2014, 07:16 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
"The Highlands"

More

I created a Guide a while back - it was for Jelly Bean and the Galaxy S2 - but the principles all still apply.

Have a read - it will help you I'm sure. I will update it for KK and LG when I get the time and re-post it here.

PNG swopping guide

For Instance:
You have this : BUT you want this :

The guide will help you do it!
1st June 2014, 07:16 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
"The Highlands"

More
Again
1st June 2014, 07:17 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
"The Highlands"

More
and Again - just in case
1st June 2014, 07:17 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
"The Highlands"

More
And one for luck and a 9 patch png guide I have in mind
1st June 2014, 07:27 PM |#6  
Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee / RC-RT Committee - Duh Vampire
Flag Darkside
Thanks Meter: 25,566

More
great mate ! LG , life`s good but ... we can make it even better !
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xanthrax For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xanthrax Ad-Free
1st June 2014, 07:30 PM |#7  
Flag trento, italy
Thanks Meter: 81

More
subscribed to thread.. cant wait to see a bit of variety!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to zubeedubs For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zubeedubs Ad-Free
1st June 2014, 10:13 PM |#8  
Barcelona
Thanks Meter: 40

More
Is possible to adapt these GigaMax icons for status bar shows in Pardus rom? I've tried everything and the only thing that resists and I'm missing. Thanks in advance . Greeting. Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1401657164273.jpg
Views:	706
Size:	12.3 KB
ID:	2775360
Or any can to explain how made this? I try the differents files for flashing but all it's not compatible.

Enviat des del meu LG-D802 usant Tapatalk
2nd June 2014, 07:50 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member
"The Highlands"

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by trabucaire

Is possible to adapt these GigaMax icons for status bar shows in Pardus rom? I've tried everything and the only thing that resists and I'm missing. Thanks in advance . Greeting. Attachment 2775360
Or any can to explain how made this? I try the differents files for flashing but all it's not compatible.

Good Day trabucaire - yes those can all be installed - I would prefer to help you do it than just provide a zip, so as soon as time permits I'll put a guide together.

As a starter - those would all have to be replaced in LGSystemUI.apk in two folders drawable-xhdpi and drawable-xxhdpi.
If you have the icons you want and can use 7Zip to replace - you can try following this guide here.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...54&postcount=4
It was set up with JB and an S2 ROM in mind, so filenames etc will be different, but the principles still apply.
I will update it for KK and Pardus some time.
If you are still stuck - I'll try find Dori's zip file.
The Following User Says Thank You to HighlanderZA For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift HighlanderZA Ad-Free
2nd June 2014, 02:31 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 234

Donate to Me
More
that rom is good but i dont like your new circle on the setting button that in the notification panel, how can i make it look like 7.1 again without that circle?
2nd June 2014, 02:48 PM |#11  
Barcelona
Thanks Meter: 40

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlanderZA

Good Day trabucaire - yes those can all be installed - I would prefer to help you do it than just provide a zip, so as soon as time permits I'll put a guide together.

As a starter - those would all have to be replaced in LGSystemUI.apk in two folders drawable-xhdpi and drawable-xxhdpi.
If you have the icons you want and can use 7Zip to replace - you can try following this guide here.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...54&postcount=4
It was set up with JB and an S2 ROM in mind, so filenames etc will be different, but the principles still apply.
I will update it for KK and Pardus some time.
If you are still stuck - I'll try find Dori's zip file.

Thanks for your help. Achieved. Attached screenshot. If anyone is interested I leave the lgsystemui for testing. Greetings and thanks again. (I'm in pardus 7.1)
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1401716652824.jpg
Views:	589
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	2776534Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1401716672125.jpg
Views:	550
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	2776538
Here to download: https://mega.co.nz/#!fwJWUT4Z!ej_SPM...v0q3fX3_aNb3Uk

The Following User Says Thank You to trabucaire For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift trabucaire Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)