FORUMS

Splash screen freezing -> SOLUTION !!! DIY

293 posts
Thanks Meter: 61

By Drug_Store, Senior Member on 14th September 2006, 12:28 AM
Thread Deleted Email Thread
Damn... I walked around and around and solution was all near me and able to do it myself...

Ok here´s how I done it.

First, I must explain what was the problem.
After update the firmware (not actually upgrade, I had the phone full of trash, so I decided to reflash same firmware v2.18 PTG), the Qtek 9100 / HTC Wizard freezed at 2nd splash screen (the one that shows OS versions IPL version, ect). Tried many different versions, upgraded to 2.24, 2.25, downgraded even to 1.6.7.3, but always same problem, freezed on second splash screen. I read many topics on xda-dev, and seen some people with same problem. Apparently there was 2 solutions. 1- send phone back to warranty. 2- write backup ROM from SD in bootloader.

Passed more then 15 hours asking for this SD backup everywhere, and COULDN´T find any help. Apparently no one had this "SD dump ROM Backup".

So here´s how I solved my problem

1- I tought that a SD backup was needed, and yes it is. But u can use your own phone and your own SD to do it.

2- Get a clean SD card (in qtek 9100 / Htc Wizard case is MiniSD) with 128MB (some people say 64MB, but I personally used a 128MB, maybe a 64MB is enough)

3- Kill (task manager) wescomm.exe (this is related with activesync installed on your PC). Insert the blank SD card on the phone.

4- Get your phone in bootloader mode. Like this : Phone powered off, press Camera button + Power On, will enter in bootloader mode (RGB screen).

5- Now connect your USB cable to your phone. And start MTTY_updateROM.exe (http://wiki.xda-developers.com/uploads/romupdate.rar). After open, on Port selection, choose \\.\WCEUSBSH001 and press OK. A window will open with a blank sheet.

6- Type "r2sd all" and hit enter... wait to the end (at end shows "cmd>"). On your phone screen u can follow backup progress... small bar will appear down the RGB screen.

7- Power off the phone (or remove battery), enter bootloader mode (camera button + power on) and this time RGB won´t appear right away. Will ask if u want to "download SD image", press voice dial button to agree, and writting will begin. Wait to the end. Power off and power on normally. Now your phone should be working ok. Not even needed to reflash the phone after this.

Thanks to all and hope this helps more people with this problem
The Following User Says Thank You to Drug_Store For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Drug_Store Ad-Free
2nd October 2006, 04:36 PM |#2  
Flag MA, USA
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I can get the MDA in a bootloader mode with the RGB screen but I can't figure out how to get the SD Image Boot. When I open updateROM, it only gives me the seletion of COM1 and COM3. I can't gete any farther, help plz. i really want to use my MDA

Adam
10th October 2006, 11:23 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Adam, you missed a step
Kill wescomm.exe as described in step 3 and you will be able to access via USB.

3- Kill (task manager) wescomm.exe (this is related with activesync installed on your PC). Insert the blank SD card on the phone.
15th October 2006, 06:08 AM |#4  
Flag shanghai

More
not work with me; so sad what i can do?
I did all yr step till n7 but after i roobot same problems;it frozeen on the page where show IPL SPL GSM OL;
ANY SUGGESTION?please help me
22nd November 2006, 04:12 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
@nnnike i had the same problem as you did. ( getting stuck at the first splash screen) i jsut tryed this right now and greatly enough it did work !!! give it another shot it migh twork with you

i actually used my 2gig mini SD it wasnt clean ither
thank you so much for posting this Drug_Store. and for whoever worked on this. u guys are awsome
24th November 2006, 03:48 PM |#6  

More
Exclamation I did exactly what you do, but
Ive got message from Multi port tty:
r2sd all
***** user area size = 0x3BA00000 Bytes

R2SDBackup() - Download type = 5
usTotalBlock = 1 sizeof(SDCARD_SIGNATRUE_TABLE)=512

You didn't get the proper security level to download a specific image

Cmd>
So, what is the next step? And did I doing something wrong?
24th November 2006, 08:17 PM |#7  
Heaven

More
[QUOTE=
You didn't get the proper security level to download a specific image

Cmd>
So, what is the next step? And did I doing something wrong?[/QUOTE]

i also got the same error
25th November 2006, 11:59 PM |#8  
Flag Lisboa

More
CID unlock?
I believe that your phones aren't CID unlocked.
I think that only CID unlocked phones or inputing the BOOTLOADER password will allow to backup wizard to SD card
29th November 2006, 02:51 PM |#9  
Netherlands

More
I've got the exact same problem, phone freezes at splash screen. Now I backed up a rom from a working cid-unlocked wizard, but after I tried loading it on my wizard it says 'don't allow update'. So what can I do now?
3rd December 2006, 02:39 AM |#10  

More
Thumbs up
Awesome solution! My MDA vario is back from the dead!
Thank you for sharing this great solution with us
29th December 2006, 04:36 PM |#11  
Flag Bronx
Thanks Meter: 327

Donate to Me
More
Thanks my phone is back!, now how can I get to use tha card again? I dont have a card reader for my pc, just the phone. Is ther something that I can use, because my device dont get any storage Card.
Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread