FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Discontinued][ROM][4.2.2][G2] ColorOS 2.0 Based on CM10.1 [D802/LS/VS980/F320x/L22]

172 posts
Thanks Meter: 733

By JTJTJ, Senior Member on 2nd June 2014, 01:06 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
ColorOS 2.0 for G2 by WS008

Based on CM10.1 (4.2.2) and ColorOS Patchrom

Please take note that although this ROM is based on CM10.1, it is not merely a modification to the CyanogenMod. It uses a similar method to MIUI in building the ROM. You will get a ColorOS experience instead of a CM one by flashing it.

About ColorOS

ColorOS is a firmware based on Android with intensive modifications. It was created by Oppo and originally ran only on Oppo devices such as the Oppo Find 7. In 2014, Oppo started its Patchrom Open Source Project and allowed the ROM to be ported to other Android devices.

The ROM is ported by the Chinese developer WS008. He ported CM10.1 to the G2 and then built this ROM based on it.

The development of this ROM has stopped.

Features

ColorOS features
Added SmartMax to the kernel.
Zipaligned.
Rooted, SuperSU.
Smooth as CM10.1.
Improved battery life.
Double tap to wake.
Included MiPop.
Included Nubia Camera.
Included Root Explorer.
Included Aroma Installer. You may choose which variant you have and whether you want GApps when flashing.

Screenshots

How to install

LS980 users please use ZV7/ZV8 baseband. VS980 users please use 11A baseband.
D800/L22 users please flash the ROM first, and then flash the kernel attached BEFORE rebooting. (D800 kernel not yet tested because we do not own the device. Please feel free to help us test it and give us feedback.)

Coming from JB stock rom or AOSP
Install custom recovery PhilZ Touch (DON'T use TWRP.)
Wipe Data/Cache/System (Important)
Flash zip -> Select Your variant -> Select GApps

Coming from KK stock rom
Install custom recovery PhilZ Touch (DON'T use TWRP.)
Wipe Data/Cache/System (Important)

Flash KK modified Baseband (if don't install it rotation doesn't work)
Flash zip -> Select Your variant -> Select GApps

You may flash the kernels attached below. This should solve some problems of the ROM.
L22_miui&color_boot_0528.zip
f320_miui&color_boot_0528_1040.zip
ls980_miui&color_boot_0528_1040.zip
vs980_miui&color_boot_0528_1020.zip
d802_miui&color_boot_0528_1538.zip
d800_miui&color_boot_0605.zip

Downloads
From ColorOS official server.

Known Issues

To fix the animation error temporarily, please go to /system/build.prop, and add this line "debug.mdpcomp.maxlayer=3". The error will be fixed in the next release.
WiFi signal can be unstable for some variants.
NFC not working.

FAQs

1. Why 4.2.2?
The ColorOS Patchrom currently only supports Android 4.2.2. The update can only made by Oppo. We will try to update to KitKat as quickly as we can once Oppo releases the KitKat update to the Patchrom.

2. How about D800/L22/L-01F/......?
We are working on porting to other variants (rolling out soon).

The ROM is in Chinese by default (Sorry, we cannot change it unless Oppo does something.) You may switch to English in Settings (设置).

If you like this ROM, please click the "Thanks" button. We will also appreciate a lot if you connect to the Internet at least once after flashing for statistical purposes.

Code:
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */
The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to JTJTJ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JTJTJ Ad-Free

2nd June 2014, 01:11 PM |#2  
Flag Carmel
Thanks Meter: 415

More
Where's the D800 love? Also.. FIRST!

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
2nd June 2014, 01:43 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 575

More
Used a lot of Roms built by ws0008 on my LG GPRO.
Great Developer.
Thanks
2nd June 2014, 04:05 PM |#4  
Flag Mandeville
Thanks Meter: 50

More
looks great.. looking forward to this on D801
2nd June 2014, 07:16 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 146

More
Why doesn't twrp work for these type of ROMs?
3rd June 2014, 03:28 AM |#6  
Flag san diego
Thanks Meter: 1,343

More
After flashing it boots to lg logo then sits at a black screen. I'm on vs980 24a flashed 11a baseband then ROM. Selected lgvs980 and nothing. Any ideas.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
3rd June 2014, 06:16 AM |#7  
Flag Dallas, Tx
Thanks Meter: 540

Donate to Me
More
So is this the official deal from when when voted to make the rom ported or he decided to do it for fun? I guess my question is this is it or are we expecting the another rom from the site we voted from?

A little off topic. Anybody know witch kernel can we use for D801 so we can try it too?
3rd June 2014, 11:51 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteway.619

After flashing it boots to lg logo then sits at a black screen. I'm on vs980 24a flashed 11a baseband then ROM. Selected lgvs980 and nothing. Any ideas.

It worked fine for me. You may try to wipe system before flashing. I will also be uploading another kernel for you to try it out.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JTJTJ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JTJTJ Ad-Free
3rd June 2014, 12:03 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsy214

So is this the official deal from when when voted to make the rom ported or he decided to do it for fun? I guess my question is this is it or are we expecting the another rom from the site we voted from?

A little off topic. Anybody know witch kernel can we use for D801 so we can try it too?

The voting thing just serves as a reference for developers to decide which device they are to work on. No official
port will come out.
3rd June 2014, 05:23 PM |#10  
Flag san diego
Thanks Meter: 1,343

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJTJ

It worked fine for me. You may try to wipe system before flashing. I will also be uploading another kernel for you to try it out.

Thanks for the response. What I had to do was flash back to 11a, rooted and installed philz cwm. It finally booted. However it just won't connect to any data. Says Verizon wireless 4g on the status bar but when I went into setting to check network it shows roaming. When I went into setting/network to try to change to lte cdma it just force closes settings. Rotation also was not working. I tried flashing modified kk baseband and didn't boot. Afer that it killed all my SIM card connectivity. Had to flash back again with LG flash tool. Any ideas?

Sent from my VS980 4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
3rd June 2014, 05:31 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 91

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteway.619

Confirming this happened to me as well.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)